Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    The no1 priority for Blizz should have been to differentiate from the Kung Fu Panda theme as much as possible ... The theme is great, but childish. No chubby pandarens. That was a mistake. No2 priority was to give players a good villian ... Garrosh is a retard, pig, retard, just no. Tentacle monsters are not a good villian either.

tl;dr If pandarens were savages and there was a proper villian, I wouldn't hate them.

What's the worst that can happen to you ...

I think pandaren is definitely the dumbest looking race right behind male draenei. Am I supposed to be intimidated when a full greivous panda warrior charges me? Because i usually just laugh. Having gigantic beer bellies doesn't exactly help in taking it seriously

Chen was important in WC3 ft, close to rexxar. Both of them helped in Ogrimmar fundation, maybe Rexxar took the "champion of the Horde" title because was the main star of the Horde campaign, but Chen helped too.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Chen was important in WC3 ft, close to rexxar. Both of them helped in Ogrimmar fundation, maybe Rexxar took the "champion of the Horde" title because was the main star of the Horde campaign, but Chen helped too.
    I agree but they weren't any notable Pandaren, heck they were no Pandaren NPCs that provode quest or sell items in WOW prior to MOP that probably would had made a bigger impact in the general acceptance of the race. Imagine if you play in a Vanilla, there is a neutral Pandaren giving out quest and selling exotic shirts wandering in one of the major PVP area that talks about his hidden homeland, wouldn't that itself made a lot more players excited about the race?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jinreeko View Post
    There was a lot of complaints about adding the Draenei in TBC that they were a retconned, cheap, last-minute decision.

Also, lorewise, doesn't make sense for Pandaren to be all over Azeroth (even though we the player are scattered about) because of the events of their starting zone.
    Doesn't need scatter all over Azeroth as I'm sure there were other Pandaren besides Chen that traveled beyond the Wandering Isle. Pandaren from the Wandering Isle travelling to the continents of Azeroth would not break the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    2)slap silly racials and a meme language on a controversial race (they WERE an april's fool at the end of the day) to reinforce their joke status (but we have to take them seriously!! Or as they would say in pandaren: nomnomnomNom nomnomnom.... *facepalm*)
    I play the game several hours each day and I did not know about these two things until you pointed it out.
    So what does that tell us? It seems like you are extremely obsessed with convincing everyone that the Pandaren are "wrong".
    Draenei weren't the focus of tbc.
    Pandaren weren't the focus of MoP.
    No you could have said that for the Draenei in tbc.
    In mists of pandaria, pandaren were a massive focus of the expansion. The sha, mogu, mantid, all related to the pandaren and their struggle. I know they tried to go somewhere else in 5.1 and on, but the focus of this expansion when it started was this new continent called pandaria and the pandaren.
    Saying otherwise is just delusional.
    How were they a massive focus? Especially when you compare it to the Draenei/Sin'dorei during TBC.
    The amount of attention they got in MoP was almost pathetically low!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    If Kung Fu Panda never existed would MoP come? I bet no.
    Do you want to bet more often with me? I'd love the extra income.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    But the Forsaken was introduced in Vanilla while Pandaren were introduced in WOW several expansion later.
    I know, so if character were introduced during Vanilla it's OK but TBC or later it's not? They can't add lore or races anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    The no1 priority for Blizz should have been to differentiate from the Kung Fu Panda theme as much as possible ... The theme is great, but childish. No chubby pandarens. That was a mistake. No2 priority was to give players a good villian ... Garrosh is a retard, pig, retard, just no. Tentacle monsters are not a good villian either.

tl;dr If pandarens were savages and there was a proper villian, I wouldn't hate them.
    how the hell are pandarens childish but gnomes arent?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    I know, so if character were introduced during Vanilla it's OK but TBC or later it's not? They can't add lore or races anymore?
    well he is technically wrong. the Forsaken were introduced in WC3(same with the pandarens)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yhearts/simple alliance main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus, and Age of Extinction(aka the true end time)

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    • Mostly arbitrary inconsistent reasons

and

• Nothing, because there will always be people out there who hate on anything and everything
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

It's times like these I wish Blizzard had gone ahead and made Pandaren a race back in BC, a full year before Kung Fu Panda was released. I'm betting we wouldn't have heard nearly as much "Jack Black is just ripping off World of Warcraft" bullshit as we do about MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelhiss View Post
    It's times like these I wish Blizzard had gone ahead and made Pandaren a race back in BC, a full year before Kung Fu Panda was released. I'm betting we wouldn't have heard nearly as much "Jack Black is just ripping off World of Warcraft" bullshit as we do about MoP.
    Wouldn't happen, because Blizzard would of never given a Panda themed expansion a second thought if not for Kung Fu Panda.