Transmog fans left out in the cold.....

One thing I was really hoping Blizzard would address at Blizzcon this year was Transmog. Those of us that are really into Transmog have LOTS of sets and armor pieces we've collected over the years stored away that take up A LOT room in our banks, void storage and bags and it's a problem...

They take up way more room than any of the silly little vanity toy rewards we collect but Blizz had a solution ready for them but not for us transmoggers which imo.... Transmog items > Toys.

We (transmog fans) get nothing, all those little quest reward toys get their own little convenient tab, Heirlooms get their own little convenient tab but our valuable transmog sets don't? Why? WoD would have been the perfect time to roll out a solution to this but I guess it wasn't high on the priorities list.

Hey great you can now freely collect your little fun toy rewards which don't even take up that much room in comparison to the transmog sets we acquire. Thankfully Blizz HAS acknowledged this is a problem in the past....

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5585788609#12
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9941?page=2#22
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415156723#15
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377148261#4

I truly thought that this is the year, I went in thinking "Okay Blizz is aware of the problem, Blizzcon this year will address it" but nope, instead we get....a new tab for.....*drumroll*....toys.... that's the resolution to our inventory problems. No wardrobe tab, no extra pages in the void storage just a tab for toys, That sounds great and all but how about all these armor sets I have that are taking up more room than all those toys COMBINED!??

Welp, better luck next time around I suppose, maybe they'll get to this after they finish adding in a color glyph for evocation like that one Attendee thought was oh so important at the QnA!

/RANT OVER!

Did you miss where they mentioned at Blizzcon they were working on something, but they wouldn't guarantee it would be ready at launch so it wasn't getting a major announcement like the other two tabs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Did you miss where they mentioned at Blizzcon they were working on something, but they wouldn't guarantee it would be ready at launch so it wasn't getting a major announcement like the other two tabs.
    seems so..

But that would mean he couldn't bitch about it!!!!

It's better to not look at all the information so you can bitch about more things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    If you read the Q&As you would have seen that while not ready for WoD launch, they have plans to make it so once you've obtained an item, you will be able to xmog to it without still owning it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was going to say they mentioned a system being worked on at Blizzcon, but yeah, looks like I was beaten to the punch. They are aware of the issue (it's one I'm running into myself!) and if they can't have something at launch, we should see it at some point during the expac

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen the information about "permanent transmog availability" and I am curious, if they were speaking about making this xmog collection account wide or not? Any info in this regard?
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

You obviously missed the part where they said that they would implement a system where if you obtained an item, it would be logged in the transmog wardrobe forever, so you wouldn't need to keep it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    I haven't seen the information about "permanent transmog availability" and I am curious, if they were speaking about making this xmog collection account wide or not? Any info in this regard?
    That's because we don't have much information. They said they had something in the works and left it at that. We have no idea if it's permanent, one time us, account wide, personal character, etc.

It's still on the drawing board, sounds like a next expansion feature.

Deleted
    I hope they can really do something about fast coz mine banks are filled with whatever kind of stuff who i gather over the years thanks god i disenchant some sets before so i still have place but ....

I watched the Q&A's and as far as inventory quality of life improvements they mostly focused on the new toy/heirloom tab I did not hear anything involving transmog. Link me a video that shows where they address the transmog storage issue please....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    If you read the Q&As you would have seen that while not ready for WoD launch, they have plans to make it so once you've obtained an item, you will be able to xmog to it without still owning it.
    I did not read the Q&A's I only watched the ones they did at Blizzcon, the ones where the attendee's lined up to ask questions was absolutely pitiful but no where in that one or any of the other ones did they mention transmog storage issue solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    Was going to say they mentioned a system being worked on at Blizzcon, but yeah, looks like I was beaten to the punch. They are aware of the issue (it's one I'm running into myself!) and if they can't have something at launch, we should see it at some point during the expac
    Link me video where they talk about the possible solution to transmog space issues, I'd really like to see it. I sure hope it's sometime this xpac, with the new armor sets coming out in this one I don't think I'll have enough room left for another xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    I don't even care if it's account wide I just want these sets out of my bags but still be able to use them for transmog, I saw no info about any of that from the Q&A's I watched at blizzcon though :/

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    You obviously missed the part where they said that they would implement a system where if you obtained an item, it would be logged in the transmog wardrobe forever, so you wouldn't need to keep it anymore.
    Sounds great, that's the kindof system I want, now please link me the video where they talk about this.

Well most of my bank is filled with items that should be grouped with the toys so I will have lots more space for transmog items. They said something about being able to use any item you have ever looted (probably since the patch its implemented) which means that maybe in the future you wont have to keep your transmog stuff at all. The only problem I would have with that is that the transmog UI would get cluttered.

Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    It's still on the drawing board, sounds like a next expansion feature.
    not sure how far are they with implementation of it..however... it exactly same system like they will have in D3:RoS...and it's already implemented and working there..so it may be closer than you think

w.i.p.

and those 'toys' take up a TON of space, no really. Well, if you've been playing a long time it has.

You'd be surprised how much space I'd gain if heirlooms, tabards, and 'toys' were displaced into a UI. In fact, I've had to limit transmog collections because of that; I hate throwing away things I may never be able to attain again.

Your argument could've been said about mounts for most people as well, not everyone has/had 100-150 mounts when they implemented it, similar with pets before pet battles.

They've been working on the structure, now the implementation. Pretty sure being able to xmog from bank/void is a HUGE step in the technical direction for the new system.

The more space we have, the more crap we collect.

Too bad that your problem wasn't addressed the way you wanted it; but it is being addressed. Trust me, you'll still have inventory problems after we 'save' gear to some system like that. No matter how much goes into ui, we will always have bag space problems.

But, you need to step back and realize how much inventory issues are being solved. Quest items out of your bags is HUGE. No ammo, poisons, or soul shards in bags. Mounts and Pets going into UI. Now, tabards, toys, and heirlooms. These are huge leaps through tiny steps.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP i got 2 bags (24 slots) with toys, so this is a big solution.
    Also i got a bag full with heirloom.

I'm very happy with the changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only feel left out in the cold in regards to transmogging because I can't mog that Forever-Lovely Rose

I have 11x 28slot bags full of transmog, void storage is full, bank is full of transmog sets.

Being able to transmog all the sets without keeping them would be AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    But that would mean he couldn't bitch about it!!!!

It's better to not look at all the information so you can bitch about more things.
    Yeah I mean, who even bothers actually reading all the info and doing their research prior to making a topic about it?

Jeeze, only noobs do their research thoroughly.