Thread: Class Balance

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands

Class Balance

Hello GW2 players,

Because i recently got a permaban on WoW i wanted to start playing GW2 again. I'm a noob at GW, but a friend of mine who played GW hardcore introduced me to it when GW2 released. However, back then, he said that the only viable classes were warriors, mesmers and guardians. So my question is: How is the class balance at the moment?
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, what's your pleasure?

Large scale WvW?
    Small scale WvW?
    Dungeons and Fractals?
    Open World and Guild Missions?
    The latest Living Story?
    Structured PvP?

Every class is viable in the right composition and context. This might help:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...elp-you-decide
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-11-14 at 09:25 AM.
    Valar morghulis

All classes are viable. I fear your friend may be a typical mmo kiddo.

Also, Karizee is right. Things change a lot depending on what you're doing. Every class can run and finish a dungeon. There's mostly room for every class in WvWvW, though I guess Ranger is on the fringe of acceptable classes. I've been too long from spvp to comment on what's hott there.

Deleted
    Play what you find fun to play. Even if a class dominates a certain area of the game ( which no class does in gw2 ), you will not be effective with it if you do not "synergise" with it.

How is the class balance at the moment?
    The same as every game in active live development; transitory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Play what you find fun to play. Even if a class dominates a certain area of the game ( which no class does in gw2 ), you will not be effective with it if you do not "synergise" with it.
    This is an outright lie. There is a class that dominates and it's the warrior. While they haven't been the highest solo DPS profession for quite some time, they are in fact the highest group DPS profession.

Empower Allies, Banner of Strength, Banner of Discipline, 8stacks of vulnerability MINIMUM, 32% fury uptime and 3stacks of might.

All those buffs on their own are equal to 425power, 14.5 crit chance, 10% crit damage, 8% damage for your entire party!
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).