10+ Year Old Account

@Hardcore 10 man guilds-- How hard is H Garrosh?

My guild is kind of a semi-hardcore, learning more towards the casual side, but we do like to clear heroic content. We have only made it just under halfway through the raid on heroic, maybe averaging a boss or two a week during our 9 hours a week, but there is alot of doubt that we'll actually get Garrosh if this far into progression, so few hardcore 10 mans that are far better than us have killed it. Is it really overtuned for 10H, or does it require class stacking? Is the enrage a huge issue? Just looking forward to see what we should work on when we finally get there.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

They fight is actually rly simple. The Intermissions is fixed, there is plenty of 10 man vids to copy paste strategies from. Class-stacking is not necessary at all but I would recommend a phat healing setup with the ability to dps if u lack that. The downside with the fight being long is that u may not experience the phase 4 that much. Thats the only harsh part.

The boss is not overtuned unless u get there with 565-568 ilvl. There is no way that u will get to the enrage. If u are only halfway through the instance u have a lot of bigger issues ahead of u than Garrosh TBH. Thok, siege and paragons require more individual skill than Garrosh. Garrosh is just a matter of time and gear. No skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I figured that by time we reached it we'd really overgear it. I think the average group iLvl is 565ish right now. Side question, how mandatory are Paladins for Devotion Aura on Thok? Because we don't have any... oh the woes of a 10 man guild.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Yeah, I figured that by time we reached it we'd really overgear it. I think the average group iLvl is 565ish right now. Side question, how mandatory are Paladins for Devotion Aura on Thok? Because we don't have any... oh the woes of a 10 man guild.
    Hehe, yeah well its not mandatory but ofc its a big cooldown. I bet u have some other utilities tho, But lacking a Paladin there is pretty bad overall tbh since u can HoP someone aswell. I guess u have to kite it more than average guilds if u cant stay in Phase1 that long.

Deleted
    Oshit Hulk. Sanitas in the house.

Deleted
    It's pretty simple as Hulkovius said. The only thing I deem "difficult" about the fight is fixing the first transition first (depends on your comp, I guess) and Emp. Whirling.

Hard as in mechanics, not at all. Hard as in DPS/HPS req, nightmareish.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    As other say, fairly easy fight. What is hard and what is easy is fairly setup dependant. But overall it is a glorified gear check.

While class stacking is not required, certain classes and specs makes the fight signifcantly easier.

Having a DK coupled with classes with AoE roots like priests and classes with AoE stuns makes handling adds in P1 sigificantly easier.
    Having a Boomkin makes the first transition signifcantly easier
    Having a warlock + paladin makes the second transition significantly easier
    Having one or more druids makes the entire fight easier due to stampeding roar in key moments.
    Having a good player that can kite on a good class (pref druid) makes P4 trivial.

Having a disc priest and/or a mistweaver monk (pref both) significantly helps with the dps check and helps with lowering the "gear check".

Also, the entire raid having suicide daggers makes P4 a lot easier.
    Having drums of speed also helps a lot.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-11-14 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Also, the entire raid having suicide daggers makes P4 a lot easier.
    Think this was Fixed last Maintenance or hotfixed. Was a blue post about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    Think this was Fixed last Maintenance or hotfixed. Was a blue post about it.
    Ah, okay, nvm then. still, not as major for 10 mans as for 25 mans

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Having a good player that can kite on a good class (pref druid) makes P4 trivial.
    Could you explain? I wasn't under the impression that kiting is a good idea as 10 man (or were you talking about 25?)

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Could you explain? I wasn't under the impression that kiting is a good idea as 10 man (or were you talking about 25?)
    You're confusing the Iron Star with the Minions in P3
    Retired in WoD

I don't know how you can say the boss is "easy" when he's the boss that requires the most attempts in there by a mile. Besides having strict DPS/HPS requirements, he forces a lot more individual responsibility throughout the fight on your raid, compared to siegecrafter where the only tough portion is missile+magnet+empower laser and not messing up the belt/stacks on tanks which is repetitive.

It's also a long fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suprep View Post
    You're confusing the Iron Star with the Minions in P3
    Uh indeed I am. P4 =/= P3
    Sorry for that. The iron star kiting is decided how? The player closest too it grabs aggro or what?

A guild that is halfway through now could easily wipe for a month on each boss from Thok onwards, tbh.

Deleted
    It's easy tbh along with every boss this tier unless of course you were going for world first with no proper strats to go by or something. I am really disappointed with the difficulty of this tier. Of course the first 8 are faceroll but that was expected. Every boss has fallen over for us within a night of progression.

You would expect the last so or so bosses to be extremely difficult especially with this being the last raid of the expansion.

Hopefully mythic actually brings the challenge back to raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    I don't know how you can say the boss is "easy" when he's the boss that requires the most attempts in there by a mile. Besides having strict DPS/HPS requirements, he forces a lot more individual responsibility throughout the fight on your raid, compared to siegecrafter where the only tough portion is missile+magnet+empower laser and not messing up the belt/stacks on tanks which is repetitive.

It's also a long fight.
    Not true at all. We had 100 wipes more on Siegecrafter than Garrosh. And we were still pretty undergeared on Garrosh as we had to deal with a few rerolls and replacements. Think we had 568 average when we killed it. If we would have had 570-572 average it would for sure have cut down 50-100 attempts on Garrosh for us.

Phase 4 is completely trivial in 10 man, think we had 4-6 wipes in P4 overall (Not counting attempts where we made it to P4 with 3 people alive, which probably happened 5 times aswell).

Garrosh is an extremely easy boss if you got the gear for it, simple as that. Not being geared just requires you to min-max dps and throughput at every corner.

Personally, I would have wanted Paragons of the Klaxxi as a heroic mode only fight rather + being tuned up a bit in numbers. Overall Paragons was a great fight, and 10x better than Garrosh. With number tuned a bit higher I think it would have made a far better last heroic boss than Garrosh did. Siegecrafter and Paragons are for sure the two bosses I will remember from this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Uh indeed I am. P4 =/= P3
    Sorry for that. The iron star kiting is decided how? The player closest too it grabs aggro or what?
    Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    It's easy tbh along with every boss this tier unless of course you were going for world first with no proper strats to go by or something. I am really disappointed with the difficulty of this tier. Of course the first 8 are faceroll but that was expected. Every boss has fallen over for us within a night of progression.
    I feel pretty much the same. The first 8 was kinda disappointing. I think that Dark Shamans had potential. What ruined shamans was the 3 tank strat which made it boring. What I would have liked to see on dark shamans is a raid wide debuff that increases the damage taken by X% for every X yard that the dark shamans are apart, so if you tank them 20 yards apart you take 20% more damage and if you tank them 100 yards apart you take 100% more damage. This of course coupled with a blanket 10-15% nerf on their damage.

A mechanic like that would have forced you to tank them atleast close to eachother and would have made the fight a lot more fun in my opinion. But because of the 3 tank strat, Malk and Spoils were the two first heroic mode fights in my opinion, and they felt like entry level. Thok was definately a step up, but thok is too easy to overgear. Doing Thok in currrent gear levels just feels wrong. Siegecrafter and Paragons where awesome boss fights, and Garrosh was extremely disappointing. The tier was good from a beer league normal mode / early heroic guild PoV, but from a hc PoV it was quite lackluster as there were really only 2-6 heroic bosses in it, depending on how you want to look at it.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-11-14 at 09:04 PM.

I'm really looking forward to this 1, hopefully it's a lot better than Deathwing=P.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this 1, hopefully it's a lot better than Deathwing=P.
    Do not get your hopes up Haha.