Poll: Leveling from 90-100

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    gl doing it in same dungeon 5 times in row, coz there is only 4 for leveling for 10lvls
    just wanted to point out. dosent matter if its 10 or 5 levels. the time required to gain to max is the same

I'll be questing and prob running every dungeon (+dungeon quest) untill i get the loot i want, but thats just me... i kinda like questing and see the world that blizz have created for us. But i do understand your point... and everybody elses for that matter. It's your character and you should play the game you feel good about

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Yes, I'll likely be chain running dungeons with guildies to level in 6.0. The clusterfuck of questing on the first couple days does not appeal to me.
    Lol yeah I usually just run Bgs or grind professions the first couple days of an expansion. That way most people have their mains out of or at the end of the first zone.

Why would no flying mounts affect questing in a way that's different to every other expansion except for Cata?

That said, I'm one of those people who actually enjoys ground mounts. I get a kick of taking my huge Pandaren warrior in heavy plate and plopping her onto a goat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just read this update on the front page and it made me laugh....

The second thing is we really like when flying feels like a reward and something you've earned for each new expansion or area. It's such a powerful ability and we look back at BC (at least for epic riding) or Wrath and those were really big keystone achievements for us as players (mainly because they had some pretty huge gold costs on them...). Regardless of the unlock method though it was one of the bigger moments when you unlocked flying, took to the skies, and were able to see the world from an entirely different vantage because for most of us it wasn't easily attainable. Our plan has been to recapture some of that but make it a bit cooler, and while we don't have specifics just yet, it'll be something more involved than just paying gold; something that further emphasizes how powerful flight is. Unlocking it won't just be level 100 on the day 6.1 comes out with some gold, but something you'll be working toward over the course of the initial expansion release, and 6.1 will introduce the final steps to complete it. Think of something like a mini Legendary cloak quest. It's such a enormous power to be able to fly we really want it to be more of a key moment when you unlock it, and something that feels like an accomplishment more than just shelling out some gold like we've had in the past.
    Normally I can agree with a lot of Blizzard's explanations but this one not so much.
    Yes it felt great to achieve flying the first time because it was new. But doing it again does not feel like any accomplishment, all it does is frustrate me having lost it again, and finally getting flying again but more like my punishment is over and now I get to have my toy back.

Because that's what it feels like to me start of expansion (except Cata ofc). Here's a new expansion and oh yeah we're taking away something because we feel like it. After leveling we should be glad because we got something back you took away from us? Really? Sorry this has to be one of the dumbest excuses.
    I still get it that it is useful for them to streamline or gate content, but seriously just having to do it on main should be sufficient and reaching max level....

Anyway still not sure as to whether I will start playing at release or wait until 6.1....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unproven View Post
    just wanted to point out. dosent matter if its 10 or 5 levels. the time required to gain to max is the same
    Didn't they say the leveling process would be faster this time around? I don't know if that means it will be quicker to get finished or if it will feel quicker because we are doing 10 levels in the same amount of time it used to take 5.

not on a pvp realm and when a new expansion comes out, i love to get out there and do every possible quest for the fun, the lore, and the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I hope they make you have to travel to the dungeon to be able to que for it again at least.

Well I am more than fine without flying to max. Questing overall has only gotten better. I like to break it up with dungeons because I like dungeons.

No. I quested from 1-70 before I had a flying mount. Didn't need one then, don't need one now. Did it again from 70-77, only needed one then because they added zones that required a flying mount to reach in Icecrown and Storm Peaks, didn't need one otherwise. You only needed a flying mount in Cataclysm for Deepholm and for the Harrison chain (The second Temple) in Uldum, the rest could be done without a flying mount. You couldn't fly in Pandaria, didn't need one to level.

Oh and guess what, we won't need a flying mount to level up in WoD either. Guess I'll just level like I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I hope they make you have to travel to the dungeon to be able to que for it again at least.
    id hate that. i dont really understand the fuzz about "forcing" folks outs into the open. if i just want to spam my dungeons, why make me run 25 mins?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Just read this update on the front page and it made me laugh....

Normally I can agree with a lot of Blizzard's explanations but this one not so much.
    Yes it felt great to achieve flying the first time because it was new. But doing it again does not feel like any accomplishment, all it does is frustrate me having lost it again, and finally getting flying again but more like my punishment is over and now I get to have my toy back.

Because that's what it feels like to me start of expansion (except Cata ofc). Here's a new expansion and oh yeah we're taking away something because we feel like it. After leveling we should be glad because we got something back you took away from us? Really? Sorry this has to be one of the dumbest excuses.
    I still get it that it is useful for them to streamline or gate content, but seriously just having to do it on main should be sufficient and reaching max level....

Anyway still not sure as to whether I will start playing at release or wait until 6.1....
    Yeah I think a quest line to unlock it is fine, they're trying to change it up from the "Gotta go buy another license" formula. The problem I have is with the fact we have to wait for 6.1 to finish it. He compared it to a legendary, but it's not the same, legendaries are special treats that we are not used to having, flying has become how we are used to moving about the world. This will change how we do everything in the world during endgame from gathering to exploring to questing is done.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2013-11-14 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    and this... really miss this. Now we can just queue and pop up in the dungeon, i think its wierd. when they first implemented this and people would die for the first time i saw a lot of people just running around in ghost asking where TF is the entrance, allways made me LMAO ^.^

Deleted
    Ignore a new expansions quests just cause I cant fly from the start? Are you kidding me?

These threads never cease to amaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Ignore a new expansions quests just cause I cant fly from the start? Are you kidding me?

These threads never cease to amaze.
    and posters like you dont cease to amaze me. what kind of attitude is that. geez..
    just because YOU want to quest dosent mean you oppinion is gods word sent. *sigh* interweb heroz

ill only quest to 100. then ill do the dungeons

I don't see a reason to level any other way than I've been doing for the rest of the game. I even leveled through most of the Cata zones on the ground, simply because I kept on forgetting I could actually fly before max level. So for me it's just a mix of questing and dungeons for the quests.

and btw, there never was an expension with a new continent where you could fly from the release date (other then Cata, but that was the allready excisting world revamped).

Deleted
    Im just going to quest on my rogue first. Stealth is better than flying and can pretty much make you gank proof.. and it will also be a lot of fun to gank all the pandas that have popped up recently. After my rogue is level capped and has some PvP gear, I'll just "park" it where I'm leveling my alts and if too many hordies or gankers show up, take a break and corpsecamp them till they go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do each dungeon once for the quests, rest questing, as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.