Poll: Leveling from 90-100

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

NO flying - Dungeon leveling - 90-100

So i was just wondering how many of you guys who are gonna stick to spamming dungeons to level now that we know we got no flying for quite a while.
    i personally dont think i will. as i am on a low pop server so everyone being grounded wouldent really clusterfuck it.

but im curious about you guys.
    are you gonna stick with it and just quest away and hope not to get ganked?

Just to clear something up.
    Yes we got NO clue as to how much exp a dungeon run gives.
    but lets just assume as blizzard wont fuck it over too badly.
    this is more of a prefernece question as in, no flying (yet again) so no questing / no way to get ganked
    Last edited by Unproven; 2013-11-14 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    Spamming all 4 dungeons? No thanks. Ill quest.

Deleted
    How would I know before the beta is out? The XP from dungeons could be amazing or it could be horrible compared to questing - before we know what it'll be like - both xp wise and gameplay wise - can't really tell.

gl doing it in same dungeon 5 times in row, coz there is only 4 for leveling for 10lvls

Did you spam dungeons to level in TBC, Wrath and MoP too?

I'm a carebear on a PVE server. I see no reason why I would do anything different to the other 4 expansions. Questing, with the dungeons completed at least once each to complete the quests. Multiple dungeon runs possible if the group is good.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

I'll probably do a bit of both, depending largely on what I decide to level first.

If I level anything with a tanking/healing spec I'll probably do a lot of dungeons. There's little to no reason to quest when doing dungeons with instant queues is going to be faster (and it's always been faster than questing since they added the LFD tool) especially if I run with some people from my 10man group. Can't see any reason why I'd waste my time questing when I can level faster and easier by just doing dungeons.

That being said, on pure DPS classes I'll probably do both, because queues will be long and waiting for queues without questing is dumb and a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Did you spam dungeons to level in TBC, Wrath and MoP too?
    i did yes. but thats only because i freaking hate questing and i was on a high pop server (:
    id rather mindlessly grind a dungeon with music in my ears, some food, and not having to worry about being ganked
    for this exp. ill probably be questing. low pop servers ftw

Do each dungeon once for the quest, then quest the rest of the way.

But I actually like questing, so I may be out of the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Unproven View Post
    i did yes. but thats only because i freaking hate questing and i was on a high pop server (:
    id rather mindlessly grind a dungeon with music in my ears, some food, and not having to worry about being ganked
    for this exp. ill probably be questing. low pop servers ftw
    Exactly! I´d rather kill Mobs for 5 hours than doing a quest.

Deleted
    Meh i am on a PvP realm, i'll take my chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Questing is what RPG is about. So here we have Massive Multiplayer Online Questing.
    After quests are completed - log out.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Exactly! I´d rather kill Mobs for 5 hours than doing a quest.
    Perhaps an RPG may not be for you then.

Isn't questing sorta implied in the genre?

10+ Year Old Account
    No flight until 100? That always sucks but it seems to be the norm- I would bitch and moan but deal with it. All the while destroying the front page blue post by controlling where and when I enter combat while on the ground. If an unwanted mob aggros I don't fight it, I run until its out of range.

But no flight until the first big patch? that screams of BS, blizzard is again listening to the absolute worst players- pvpers and taking advice from there
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my main I only do questing (I do the dungeons only when I get a quest telling me to do it.), because I want to experience everything that first time though. My alts is when I want to get through the content as quickly as possible. But I get not everyone is the same, some people would rather rush to 100 and get to endgame and worry about that other stuff at their own pace if at all, which is fine.

Now I don't really like the "No flying till 6.1" bit. If they want to do an epic quest line to let us unlock Draenor flying that's fine, but let us complete the chain in 6.0. Why is it necessary to artificially gate it by having us wait 3 or 4 months for a patch to finish the quest line. This isn't a legendary item, this is the mode of transportation that we have become used to using for endgame.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2013-11-14 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post

to be fair i get the point.
    but no. i dont play it for the questing. i play for pretty much everything else than that!
    PVPing. Raids. Professions. Moneymaking. Everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post

MMOs typically before wow did not have much if any questing.

I hate leveling (odd for an RPG I know) doing it once is fine on my main but the desire to do alts is almost non existent for me. I will certainly use the instant ding to 90 for a MAGE/Warlock as i've never done either class at high level. Then its just doing 10 more levels XD

Yes, I'll likely be chain running dungeons with guildies to level in 6.0. The clusterfuck of questing on the first couple days does not appeal to me.

You gonna feel like a target dummy, especially playing in a pvp server with a class that is nerfed to the ground.