Question about the new lvl 100 talents.

So i saw the new lvl 100 talents for hunters, and the one that got me really excited was the With or Without You talent, wich makes you more of a "ranger".
    However i'm just curious if 30% more dmg actually can justify loosing a pet? wich from what i know, is atleast 30% of your dmg and extra utility.

(I'm well aware that these talents may/most likely will not make it to live as they are. The question is about it's current state )
    Last edited by Nhodjin; 2013-11-14 at 11:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would guess that they will tune the numbers so your damage is right on par with having the pet, otherwise, why bother making it in the first place?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    For surv (and probably MM), pet dmg ~15% of total.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I would guess that they will tune the numbers so your damage is right on par with having the pet, otherwise, why bother making it in the first place?
    Because pet "downtime" is a factor in any pets DPS contribution. Either the resulting total damage needs to be slightly less than your theoretical max with a pet, or you need to make a compromise somewhere else or nobody will want a pet anymore. They could just make Master's Call and pet provided buffs/debuffs (which will obviously just happen by default) not available for hunters using Lone Wolf, but that would be a fairly small compromise for PvE hunters. I can almost guarantee they will alter Blink Strikes and Lynx Rush to actually be options for a Lone Wolf spec'd hunter, so can't really have the compromise there. Either way whether it be not *fully* compensated damage or a loss of utility you can bet there will be some tradeoff for not having a pet.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The question will be is Bola/snipe + pet more/less/same dps than The 30% from LW. Ideally they would all be very close since LW is a playstyle choice that no one want's to be forced into or out of.

Deleted
    Don't forget the buff that having a pet brings. While I imagine it's relatively rare these days, you can foresee 10m groups that don't cover every buff meaning as a hunter lone wolf would be incredibly selfish and detrimental, higher dps for us or not.

Quote Originally Posted by trollsroyce View Post
    Don't forget the buff that having a pet brings. While I imagine it's relatively rare these days, you can foresee 10m groups that don't cover every buff meaning as a hunter lone wolf would be incredibly selfish and detrimental, higher dps for us or not.
    This is true and unless they change the lv75 talents, Lone Wolf will be forced to take AmoC.

Additionally, as others have pointed out... this seems a strictly PvE talent. Removing Pets from PvP removes a lot of the hunters CC ability, keeping a target in combat, defending flags..ect.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere