Thread: Burst on demand

Burst on demand

I know all lol burst abilities are there for PVE and PVP just has to suffer from it.

But it really sux that some classes can jump into the arena and just lol burst while other need like 30 sec to even build some potential burst that can additionaly be shut down very easy.

Today i (SP) played with Enh Shaman (XP 1900 and 2.2k) and he accidently popped his Ascendance while we were in the arena wating room.
    We managed to win the game anyway

His comment to this was (and heard it before also form other classes) : "LOL, won even without oneshot macro"

Thats also the way many arena games actually feel like atm

On the other hand when we lose a game in like 25 sec then i hear "Dude, wtf. Where was your burst/dmg, omg you suck!"

Well...im sorry, i tried to setup a kill .........

It was always a little like that but still, this season i really feel ashamed sometimes to /w someone for 2s when i have a class that just not godlike, because it will be so much pain for the other person...........

Wait so because a spec that relies on burst won without the burst... no I don't get your point.

Spriests are weak? You can't coordinate with your partner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Spriest have amazing burst, it takes a little bit to build up but it's worth it, you can destroy healers soo quick too. The real problem with spriests are their survivability, it sucks. I'm sure you went against rogue hunter already and they probably made you pop disperse right when the gates open. A lot of melee classes just destroy spriests, and there is nothing you can do about it. Really if they decide to cc your partner then it's over with, in 3v3 it's a little better from what I've watched on stream. I think you are right that most classes do have ready burst, your class also requires to cast mind blast to build orbs, sure you can dot and maybe get an instant one day but you will be dead before that happens. I've played with a shadow priest on both my fire mage and rogue, I loved it as long as I control and peel correctly. When my spriests was ready to burst she just melts the targets health, and of course both my mage and rogue had instant burst ready.. I've played a spriests and it's a lot of fun, but once you get a warrior on you and he knows what he's doing it's over with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel your pain. Playing Warrior/WW Monk/Rdruid they're A LOT better off replacing me with a mage. My warrior usually storms in to force early pressure, but because I'm a monk with no early CDs, usually nothing really happens if the DPS peel off my warrior. The only solution is for me to play with Chi Brew (usually nets me with 4-6 tigereye brew stacks at the start) or else we don't have any real early pressure going on.

I must say, playing a spriest as well, that spriests are probably the WORST class in 2s atm simply due to warriors being overpopulated right now. Heck, even in BGs I just give up fighting a warrior because by the time I got through double reflect and double interrupt (faking all of them) I'm forced to go defensive, which btw, is extremely weak as well.

You should try playing with a WW Monk and get an rdruid to play 3s. It'll feel a lot smoother because you both have to build up your burst in order to set up a kill.