Deleted

Challenge modes Frost?

I'm wanting to give Challenge modes a shot and am curious is Frost the best damage spec to play for them and is it preferable to be hit/exp capped (I'm assuming it is, but I havn't played for nearly 9 months) before reforging to mastery>haste>crit? if those are still the stat orders?

mastery>crit>haste now at current SoO gear... Not sure about challenge modes. Dual wield is the best to play for challenge modes I do believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    For CMs go DW frost Mastery > Crit > Haste
    to be honest you can play any spec you prefer just IMO DW frost has the best output for them.

Using this thread so that I don't make a new one: What trinkets are you using for CM? I've got galak + thok, but I've seen dks replacing Thok's with Relic of Xuen.
    Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    Using this thread so that I don't make a new one: What trinkets are you using for CM? I've got galak + thok, but I've seen dks replacing Thok's with Relic of Xuen.
    Opinions?
    Well, thok's stat increase scales with your stats and since CM's have lower stats, the value of the trinket is diminished. This is ontop of the actual reduction of the trinket. ( I think it goes from like 7% to 3%?).

Yes - that's why I was thinking of replacing it, but I wasn't totally sure since the 2pc makes it scale brutally (I think the +500 stacks are fixed, right?). Will sim and share results though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    Yes - that's why I was thinking of replacing it, but I wasn't totally sure since the 2pc makes it scale brutally (I think the +500 stacks are fixed, right?). Will sim and share results though.
    IIRC Tier does not proc or do anything in CMs. Last time I tried was T15 and the ghoul never proc'd.

"476/489 trinket from MSV and the DMF trinket"

"ICD trinkets >>>>>> RPPM trinkets"

"Your Legendary Meta Gem won't work, your tier set bonuses won't work, and your Legendary Cloak proc won't work. "

"The first time I did Challenge Modes, I went crazy doing perfect gemming, perfect enchants, finding gear with one extra socket...it's completely unnecessary for Gold times. Gold requires each person in your group being competent. A good leader with a planned strategy makes this content trivial."

etc.

via

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...bdkn?context=3
    Last edited by potatoe; 2013-12-10 at 08:09 PM.

Frost is pretty powerful for Challenge Modes, we one shot Siege and Shado-Pan gold with a Frost DK who had never done CM's before, just go dual wield, do the damage, call when you use your Remorseless Winter so you can chain aoe-stun if you have another DK or Shaman or whatever. Challenge Modes aren't as hard as people make them out to be, it's just a matter of communication. I wouldn't worry too much about gear since everything will get scaled down anyways, just go with what you raid with. It's not going to make or break your performance.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    Set bonus are disabled in challenge mode

Quote Originally Posted by potatoe View Post
    "476/489 trinket from MSV and the DMF trinket"

"ICD trinkets >>>>>> RPPM trinkets"

"Your Legendary Meta Gem won't work, your tier set bonuses won't work, and your Legendary Cloak proc won't work. "

"The first time I did Challenge Modes, I went crazy doing perfect gemming, perfect enchants, finding gear with one extra socket...it's completely unnecessary for Gold times. Gold requires each person in your group being competent. A good leader with a planned strategy makes this content trivial."

etc.

via

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...bdkn?context=3
    That's exactly what I wanted to read. Ty.

15+ Year Old Account
    DKs are great for CMs.

You have fantastic crowd control in the form of remorseless winter, Death Grip and, depending on the situation unglyphed, AotD. There's also an easy to apply snare in the form of Chillbains or a long range stun with Strangulate.

You can interrupt and you have excellent survivability. The only downside is: You're melee, which can handycap you in quite a few situations but is still not too bad.

Here's a link to my guide for Challenge Modes
    Keep in mind this guide is aimed towards Unholy, not DW Frost.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nge-Mode-Guide

If I'm not mistaken, your hit/expertise levels will be maintained while the rest of your stats scale down for Challenge Modes. So you can maintain your hit/expertise caps like you normally would. You could theoretically get by with a little less if you are exclusively doing CMs and not raids, since the level of the bosses and trash will be lower than raids (I believe one level lower).