Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Post your own spell and glyph ideas.

There was once a thread where you could post your ideas but it seems to have disappeared, so feel free to post your ideas here (Glyphs or Abilities, anything is welcome).

Here are my ideas:

Abilities

Spell Volley:
    6% of base mana.

Instant. 8 sec. cooldown.

Your next Arcane Blast, Fireball, Frostfire Bolt or Frostbolt will hit all targets within 15 yards of the target and deal 50% of its normal damage.

Place Rune:
    1% of base mana. 40 yd range.

Instant. 30 second cooldown.

You place a Frost, Fire or Arcane Rune on the target location within 40 yards which deals damage and causes different effects depending on its type.

A mage-ish version of Traps.

Dual Casting:

You are able to cast two spells at the same time, but their damage is reduced by 35%. In addition, silencing and interrupting effects are 30% less effective.

Lasts indefinitely.

Can be deactivated at any time.
    (Whether this would work or not, I'm not sure.)

Arcane Deceit:
    Instant. 30 sec. cooldown.

While the enemy target is afflicted by Arcane Deceit, the next spell cast against you will backfire. In addition, if the enemy uses a healing spell, the latter will deal damage instead of healing.

Lasts 6 seconds.

Fire Torrent:

2.0% of base mana.

Channelled. 20 sec. cooldown.

You burn all targets in front of you within 40 yards, dealing fire damage every second. Lasts 6 seconds.

In addition, enemies affected by Fire Torrent will be dazed and will have their attack speed reduced by 45% for 6 seconds.

Casting Cone of Cold while channelling this spell will cause Fire Torrent to deal Frostfire damage.

Spell Absorption(Possibly Arcane Only):
    Instant. 25 sec. cooldown.

When activated, the next spell cast against you will be absorbed and damage taken from that school will be reduced by 45% for 5 seconds.

Frost Blades:
    3.0% of base mana. 40 yd range.

1.5 cast time. 15 sec. cooldown.

You conjure three blades of ice and send them flying forward. Enemies that collide with the blades are damaged.

Arcane Ward:
    1% of base mana.

Any enemy that strikes you will be teleported to a random location 25 yards away from you. 1 charge. Lasts 30 seconds.

(I noticed that someone posted something like this on the official forums.)

Rune of Displacement:
    Instant. 40 yd range.

You gain the Rune of Displacement: Vortex and the Rune of Displacement: Exit spells, which you can place on the target location.

The first enemy to approach the Rune of Displacement: Vortex will trigger it, causing all enemies within 8 yards to be teleported to the Rune of Displacement: Exit that you've placed. Lasts 1 min.

Placing both of them will trigger a 30 sec. cooldown.

I think this would be fun to use. Place the Vortex rune at the flag near the lumbermill in Arathi Basin and the Exit rune near the ledge. Enemies trigger the rune and boom, they're all teleported to the ledge and eventually fall to their deaths.

Major Glyphs

Glyph of Continuum: After a successful Blink, you are able to cast Blink multiple times if within two seconds of your previous one, but the range is reduced by 5 yards every time you Blink. Blinks that follow the first one will not break stuns or bonds under the effect of Continuum.
    Glyph of Invisiblity (This would be a nice glyph if Greater Invisiblity was removed): Your Invisibility spell is now permanent, turns you instantly invisible and has a 10 sec. cooldown, but it can be used in combat only once every 3 minutes. In addition, enemies can now detect you.

It would basically turn Invisibility into a stealth-like ability.

Minor Glyphs

Glyph of Brilliance Aura: Your Arcane Brilliance spell causes you to emanate an aura.
    Glyph of Magic Dust: Teaches you the ability Magic Dust. Your land mounts can now fly. Lasts 60 minutes.
    Glyph of Weapon Channeling: Your spells are now cast through your weapon.
    Glyph of Arcane Charges: When you have an Arcane Charge, you generate random arcs of arcane energy. This effect intesifies as the number of Arcane Charges increases.
    Glyph of Flame Charge: Replaces Blink. You become a living flame and charge forward.
    Glyph of Juggling Fireballs: Every now and then, while you are idle, your character will juggle with fireballs.
    Glyph of the Floating Tome: Every now and then, while you are idle, your character will summon a tome to read or one that will float around him.
    Glyph of Freezing Mist: Every now and then, while you are idle, freezing mist will swirl around your character, freezing any unfortunate critter nearby.
    Glyph of Fire Sphere: Your Ice Block will now appear as a sphere of fire.
    Glyph of Flame Wave: Teaches you the spell Flame Wave. A wave of fire will carry you across the landscape. The speed of this mount increases as you move, up to a speed of 100% and will reset if you stop moving.
    Glyph of Icy Tornado: Teaches you the spell Icy Tornado. An icy tornado will carry you across the landscape. The speed of this mount increases as you move, up to a speed of 100% and will reset if you stop moving.
    Glyph of Arcane Storm: Teaches you the spell Arcane Storm. An arcane storm will carry you across the landscape. The speed of this mount increases as you move, up to a speed of 100% and will reset if you stop moving.
    Glyph of Arcane Power: While Arcane Power is active, random debris will swirl around you and the ground close to you will appear as damaged.
    Glyph of Relentless Power: While Arcane Power is active, your eyes will glow a bright blue and you will levitate.
    Glyph of Arcane Lightning: While Arcane Power is active, your Arcane spells will appear as lightning.
    Glyph of Water Elemental Army: Your Mirror Image spell will now summon water elementals instead of copies of you.
    Glyph of Arcane Destruction: Killing an enemy with an Arcane spell will turn it into dust.
    Glyph of Fire Torrent: Your Fireball will look like a torrent of fire. (Similar to an artwork of Jaina Proudmoore using a fire spell.)

I'll update it every now and then.

Share your ideas and opinions but please, keep it civilised.
    Last edited by Alexand3r; 2013-11-14 at 06:45 PM.

I shall let this thread roll for now, but I do want to warn people, if the thread falls offtopic or any hostility towards anyone, this will be closed. Post constructively, be friendly, if you don't agree, explain why..

I love effects like Spell Volley but I'd like it more if Warlocks didn't already have a better version, I guess ours is free :P
    Dual Casting would create more problems than it would solve though (would it solve any problems?)

I'd definitely like a Brilliance Aura glyph.
    Arcane Dust sounds hilarious but probably too much to give one class with a glyph :P
    Weapon Channeling is cool but considering it'd need new animations for every class, probably not happening (will admit I've kind of wanted this too ever since seeing it with GW2's mesmer greatsword)
    Arcane Charges +++, Arcane Charges definitely need a spell effect. Only change I'd suggest would be: This needs to be a glyph to remove the effect not add it!
    Flame Charge would look cool but... you honestly don't want an animation on Blink, as of now it doesn't really have one and that would make it slower.

I'd like a glyph that made you summon multiple weak water elementals instead of one strong one but there's probably some limitation that stops this being as balanced as it sounds.
    It would be cool to have a spell "Arcane Focus" that casts your spells from a point you have chosen rather than you (or in addition to you?). I was originally going to say "Casts Arcane Explosion from a point you have chosen" but why limit it to just that? Have everything cast from here! It would probably get a bit weird with cone spells though...
    We definitely need one or more glyphs that add a spell effect to arcane charges... there are so many ways this could go. Floating orbs. Lightning. Arcane text...
    I want a water elemental that looks like immerseus. Let's be honest here, we deserve it.

I'd like an ability similar to Spell Volley that makes Fire spells explode when they hit the target, dealing something like 80% damage to the main target and 20% to all nearby targets, or something along those lines. Fireball should be explosive! That would be much more interesting.
    Perhaps also a spell that causes targets with Ignite to explode, but that might be too similar to how Enhancement Shaman AOE works...

I want a Glyph of Frozen Air that makes Ice Block stop you from falling like it used to, so I can play mage chicken again.

Deleted
    How about passives? :P

Arcane Vortex
    X% of the damage done by your Arcane blast is stored on the target. This effect stack. After reaching 5 stacks the vortex will implode dealing 100% of the stored dmg on the main target and X% of the damage stored to all other targets within 5 yards radius. Also this effect can be triggered by your Arcane barrage no matter of the stacks.If the effect is trigered by Arcane barage the effect is reversed (it will deal X% of the dmg stored to the main target and 100% of it to all targets within the radius). Last 10 seconds
    Replace Nether Tempest.

Hungering cold
    Your frostbolt and frostfire bolts consume the heat of its victum. After reaching 5 stacks the area around the target is purged from any heat and all enemy within 5 yards freeze into a solid cube of ice. (Wotlk Frost dk spell :P ) Ice Lances cast near the affectet targets cause them to also be damaged by it (not sure how exactly to formulate this its basicaly next Ice lances will hit all the freezed targets) for 50% of its damage. Last 10 seconds
    Replaces Frost bomb.

next one is a bit unpolished. I dont want it to look exactly like the arcane version. It will be weak on low ilvl and OP with higher ilvl. Unless they change something about fire mechnics
    Firestarter
    X% of the damage of your Fireballs, Inferno Blasts and Pyroblast(maybe?!?) hits are stored on your target (its not like ignite or maybe it is in a way :P ). After reaching 5 stacks your next Pyroblast will get a bonus dmg equal to the damage stored and will cause your target to explode dealing same dmg on the main target and X% of it to all other targets within 5 yards radius and knock them down. Inferno blast cast within 3 seconds after the explosion spread the current Ignite or Combustion, witchever is highest, to all targets within 5 yards. Last 10 seconds=
    Replace Fire bomb.
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2013-11-14 at 02:26 PM.

Glyph of Warcraft 1 - Replaces your water elemental muscleman for a WC1 female-shaped water elemental, which is obviously much prettier
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Major Glyph:
    Glyph of Mirror Mirror

Mirror Image can now be cancelled; doing so causes caster to return to the spot where the Mirror Images were summoned
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-11-14 at 02:39 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Oh oh i forgot glyphs

Major Glyphs:
    Glyph of Blured lines - after using blink your body shapes blur in the air making you harder to hit. Gives 15% dodge chance for 5 seconds.
    Minor Glyphs:
    Glyph of Ice Flows - using charge of Ice Flows will leave ice copy of yourself on your location. Enemies passing near the copy wil be slowed by 25% for 2.5 seconds.
    Glyph of Blazing Speed - using Blazing speed will leave a trail of fire in your wake. Enemies steping in the fire will get theyr feet burned and will try to move out of it at all cost.
    Mini disorient, it will just cause your char to move out of the fire by it own thus changing its direction :P
    Glyph of Pressence of mind - using Pressence of Mind will leave an invisible arcane trap in yor feet. Enemies steping onthe trap will get knocked back by 2 yards of it in random direction, but never in the direction they were initialy moving

none of those would be minor glyphs unless they didn't affect players

Here's some glyphs!

[Major] Glyph of Improved Blink: Brings back the old Arcane Talent, "Improved Blink". Increases your movement speed by 70% for 3 seconds after using Blink.
    (Because it was the best talent in the game and I miss it greatly ;_; Also, we were teased with this ability as baseline for MoP just to have it removed from us during beta...)

[Major] Glyph of Quick Mana: Your Rune of Power and Evocate spells may now be cast while moving. (Alternative for Rune: Your Rune of Power no longer has a cast time)
    (How to make them both a lot less annoying)

[Major] Glyph of Freezing Protection: Transforms your Level 45 Talents into a defensive cooldown, based on what you choose:
    - Ring of Frost: Creates an icy barrier around the ring, reducing the damage taken of all allies in the ring by 20%. Lasts 8s. (Similar to Power Word: Barrier)
    - Ice Ward: Marks an ally with a protective ward, decreasing all damage they take by 30% for 8s. (Similar to Pain Suppression)
    - Frostjaw: Freezes (and consequently locks) the target's jaw, interrupting the focus on their attacks, causing them to deal 25% less damage for 10s. Only attacks and abilities used directly by the target will be affected.
    (Making the L45 talents have SOME bearing on raids)

[Major] (Arcane Only) Glyph of Mana Inept: You deal up to X% increased spell damage based on how much mana you are missing.
    Replaces Mastery: Mana Adept.
    (Had an idea for this one that basically would make an interesting way to play Hastevocation; X would be exactly the same scaling as it is on live, or slightly higher because it's harder to stay near minimal mana than maximum mana. Also, would be cool if there were glyphs that affected/changed what our Mastery is)

[Major] (Fire Only) Glyph of Wildfire: Your Fireball spell deals X% increased damage and you have a Y% chance to proc a Hot Streak ("Pyroblast!") from casting Fireball. In addition, your Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Inferno Blast, Scorch, and Pyroblast spells burn the target for an additional 15% of the direct damage dealt over 4 seconds.
    Replaces Mastery: Ignite.
    (Hey look, a mandatory glyph that fixes issues with Fire! X would be pretty high [4% per point or so] and Y would be pretty low [about 50% or 25% of what X is])

[Major] (Frost Only) Glyph of Icicles: Your Icicles now proc off of Ice Lance instead of Frostfire Bolt and the automatic firing trigger is now Frostfire Bolt instead of Ice Lance.
    (Probably a little too good that it would be made mandatory, but hey, we already have mandatory glyphs anyways, amirite?)

[Major] (Arcane and Frost Only) Glyph of Fire Blast: Triples the cooldown of Fire Blast, but when cast, now grants you one charge of Arcane Missiles or Brain Freeze.
    (Fire Blast is a worthless spell as Arcane/Frost. It needs some level of use... Granted, this could be a baseline thing, not a glyph)

[Minor] Glyph of Runes: Drops your Rune of Power at your feet, rather than a targeted location.
    (Because Wynaut)

[Minor] Glyph of Molgeim: Your Rune of Power now resembles its original form, as cast by Runemaster Molgeim. In addition, Rune of Power will grow to its correct size, rather than having a pulse effect show the 'true' range.
    (Live rune looks like shit. Molgeim's looks WAY better. Also, what the hell with the pulse effect; wtb a stretched version)

[Minor] Glyph of Random Animals: Regardless of which version of Polymorph you cast, you will always cast one of the Polymorph spells you have learned at random. If you have other Polymorph (Minor) Glyphs activated, they will be included and chosen at random as well, and will no longer prevent the Sheep model from being used.
    (Sucks /castrandom was removed so my macro got deleted)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-11-14 at 05:13 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Fantastic ideas people! Keep them coming.

I came up with a few more ideas (I added them to the original post), here they are:

Abilities

Frost Blades:
    3.0% of base mana. 40 yd range.

1.5 cast time. 15 sec. cooldown.

You conjure three blades of ice and send them flying forward. Enemies that collide with the blades are damaged.

Arcane Ward:
    1% of base mana.

Any enemy that strikes you will be teleported to a random location 25 yards away from you. 1 charge. Lasts 30 seconds.

(I noticed that someone posted something like this on the official forums.)

Rune of Displacement:
    Instant. 40 yd range.

You gain the Rune of Displacement: Vortex and the Rune of Displacement: Exit spells, which you can place on the target location.

The first enemy to approach the Rune of Displacement: Vortex will trigger it, causing all enemies within 8 yards to be teleported to the Rune of Displacement: Exit that you've placed. Lasts 1 min.

Placing both of them will trigger a 30 sec. cooldown.

I think this would be fun to use. Place the Vortex rune at the flag near the lumbermill in Arathi Basin and the Exit rune near the ledge. Enemies trigger the rune and boom, they're all teleported to the ledge and eventually fall to their deaths.

Major Glyphs

Glyph of Continuum: After a successful Blink, you are able to cast Blink multiple times if within two seconds of your previous one, but the range is reduced by 5 yards every time you Blink. Blinks that follow the first one will not break stuns or bonds under the effect of Continuum.

Glyph of Invisibility (This would be a nice glyph if Greater Invisibility was removed): Your Invisibility spell is now permanent, turns you instantly invisible and has a 10 sec. cooldown, but it can be used in combat only once every 3 minutes. In addition, enemies can now detect you.

It would basically turn Invisibility into a stealth-like ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going with my Empowered Armors idea that I had in the 6.0 speculation thread earlier, that can also introduce the new tertiary stats:

Part of the boosts we get between levels 90-100

Molten Armor -> Lava Armor -> Increases Critical Strike Chance by 5% and Critical Strike Damage by 5%

Frost Armor -> Ice Armor -> Increases Haste by 7% and Movement Speed by 5%

Mage Armor -> Arcane Armor -> Increases Mastery by 5% and CD Reduction by 5%

(Anything that gives mages unique raid utility)
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    (Anything that gives mages unique raid utility)
    No idea why we can't get a Mana Stone thing like Warlock Healthstone for raid. Restores 10% Mana, Energy, Focus, Rage, or Runic Power. Stacks up to 3, 2min CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, cosmetic minor glyphs should be separated into their own thing with no limit on how many you can use at a single time.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Going with my Empowered Armors idea that I had in the 6.0 speculation thread earlier, that can also introduce the new tertiary stats:

Molten Armor -> Lava Armor -> Increases Critical Strike Chance by 5% and Critical Strike Damage by 5%

That sorta gives Frost the short end of the stick though, doesn't it? :P

No idea why we can't get a Mana Stone thing like Warlock Healthstone for raid. Restores 10% Mana, Energy, Focus, Rage, or Runic Power. Stacks up to 3, 2min CD.
    Yeah, I even had this idea back in the day, but, y'know, giving Mages ANY level of unique raid utility would obviously be too much... *rolls eyes*
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

i have always thought mirror image should provide us with a dmg reduction, something like when you have images active(once every 3 minutes) you take 30% less dmg per image alive, and give the images blink if they get hit by direct attacks.

for the "mage stones" i think it would be a nice idea to make them like "gives you 10% of main stat for 30s" 3 charges, 2min cd. noone really uses mana anymore in the long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    i have always thought mirror image should provide us with a dmg reduction, something like when you have images active(once every 3 minutes) you take 30% less dmg per image alive, and give the images blink if they get hit by direct attacks.

for the "mage stones" i think it would be a nice idea to make them like "gives you 10% of main stat for 30s" 3 charges, 2min cd. noone really uses mana anymore in the long-term.
    You DO realize that would give us 90% damage reduction for 30s, right? The images take very little in the ways of AoE (pretty sure they have avoidance), so they won't die unless you somehow have aggro on a boss, and if that happens, your tank is doing very bad.

Impregnate:
    Instant. 9 minute cooldown (kind of like 9 months)

While the enemy target is afflicted by Impregnate, they will expand and slow down and occasionally vomit. At the end of 90 seconds the target will give birth to a 1/4 sized clone mixing both the caster's features and the targets. The Target has a 1% chance to die.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    That sorta gives Frost the short end of the stick though, doesn't it? :P
    Frost Armor -> Ice Armor -> Increases Haste by 7% and Critical Strike Chance by 100%.

But really you have a point. Increase Movement Speed bonus to 20%, no longer stacks with Boot enchants however.

Aren't Amplification (crit damage), Readiness (cd reduction) and Multistrike the new, rumoured secondary stats, akin to haste/crit/mastery and not tertiary stats? After all we lose quite a bit of secondary stats so some new ones could fill the void.

So Frost would get multistrike I guess. But it's an interesting idea and it would definitely fit as part of the leveling spell upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.