Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No flying until 6.1 means

... ore and herb prices go up since the bots can't bot as well or as quickly, with terrain to manage, mobs to kill or be killed by, etc., plus players themselves not able to do it as quickly, either.

which trickles down to all the crafting markets like blacksmithing, inscription, alchemy, jewelcrafting... less raw mats on the AH and the ones that are will cost more.

That was not the case in vanilla, and won't be the case in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Aerr View Post
    That was not the case in vanilla, and won't be the case in WoD
    I don't think you can compare the markets in vanilla to the markets now. There are many more crafting professions, easier ways to get better patterns, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    ... ore and herb prices go up since the bots can't bot as well or as quickly, with terrain to manage, mobs to kill or be killed by, etc., plus players themselves not able to do it as quickly, either.

which trickles down to all the crafting markets like blacksmithing, inscription, alchemy, jewelcrafting... less raw mats on the AH and the ones that are will cost more.
    you are forgetting that everyone will have a garrison that will provide them with free herbs, ores, etc. Everything will be expensive at first like it always is but that will fall of quickly as a player's garrisons grow.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    you are forgetting that everyone will have a garrison that will provide them with free herbs, ores, etc. Everything will be expensive at first like it always is but that will fall of quickly as a player's garrisons grow.
    Curious as to how long it will take for them to grow - if it takes until 6.1, then it won't matter anyway since the bots can now fly. What I'm saying is that things will start off more expensive than they usually start out, because there will be a lot less supply than there usually is at the start of an xpac until flying comes in and until garrisons get bigger.

I don't think you can compare the markets in vanilla to the markets now. There are many more crafting professions, easier ways to get better patterns, etc.
    By many more crafting professions you mean 1 more now than there was in vanilla. Are there even bots anymore? I haven't seen anybody post large numbers of ore or herbs in a while (at least not like the end of Cata when I would see somebody list 500 stacks of elementium ore).

We have no idea what no flying will mean for prices; for all we know they may triple the number of ore and herb spawns and you won't be able to do any questing without having to stop every 5 minutes to gather something. We also have no idea how many bars or herbs it will take to make something. They could easily make everything take 1/3 of the bars in WoD then it takes to make it in MoP.

People like to have knee jerk reactions to the simplest of things when they really have no information.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    By many more crafting professions you mean 1 more now than there was in vanilla.
    If you're going to make the passive aggressive reply, at least get your numbers right. There was no JC in Vanilla. There was no Inscription in Vanilla. And Engineering is much more useful now, so a lot more people have it. I'd make the argument you can include it on there as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Are there even bots anymore? I haven't seen anybody post large numbers of ore or herbs in a while (at least not like the end of Cata when I would see somebody list 500 stacks of elementium ore).
    The guy who posted 85 stacks of ore on my realm last night says yes, there are still bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Strike View Post
    If you're going to make the passive aggressive reply, at least get your numbers right. There was no JC in Vanilla. There was no Inscription in Vanilla. And Engineering is much more useful now, so a lot more people have it. I'd make the argument you can include it on there as well.

The guy who posted 85 stacks of ore on my realm last night says yes, there are still bots.
    85 stacks of ghost iron ore litteraly takes 2 hours to farm. Have you even been out in the world lately? Ore spawns are everywhere. I pick up at least that much just flying around farming warscouts and warbringers. Then there are the few stacks you can get from killing those along with the bag of goodies you can get while killing rare spawns while looking for warscouts and warbringers. It really isn't that hard to get 85 stacks in a relatively short period of time.

Okay, there are 2. I forgot about JC. That still isn't many more. You can't include engineering, just because something is more usefull doesn't make it new.
    Last edited by Marema; 2013-11-14 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Arent you stating the blindingly obvious? Ifc at the beginning prices are high because demand will be high and supply low. Be in no doubt the bots will be racing to 100 quite quickly. They dont suffer any more disadvantages than the players. The biggest change there was happened when they turn on or off the spawn rate multiplier.

85 stacks of ghost iron ore litteraly takes 2 hours to farm. Have you even been out in the world lately? Ore spawns are everywhere. I pick up at least that much just flying around farming warscouts and warbringers. Then there are the few stacks you can get from killing those along with the bag of goodies you can get while killing rare spawns while looking for warscouts and warbringers. It really isn't that hard to get 85 stacks in a relatively short period of time.

Okay, there are 2. I forgot about JC. That still isn't many more. You can't include engineering, just because something is more usefull doesn't make it new.
    Oh, forum posters... always trying to prove their awesomeness on technicalities. The point the OP is making is that there is more we can do with professions these days and they impact our WoW gaming more than they used to, so it's possible that for this expansion more than others, the supply might find it harder to keep up with the demand than we're used to or expecting.

Ore/herb Prices will skyrocket IMO. No flying=more time farming=increase in prices because ppl won't want to sell for cheap having farmed for hours and hours for 50 stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Strike View Post
    Not so much to do with the topic, but if I really sat down and set aside a few hours to mine ghost iron ores, 85 stacks is not too difficult to collect. Now, 85 stacks of fel iron ore on the other hand...

Deleted
    ... ore and herb prices go up since the bots can't bot as well or as quickly, with terrain to manage, mobs to kill or be killed by, etc.
    Tell that the level 85 bots in jade forest that fly through the air without flying skill - I don't think it will change much for the bots, except if they are heavily guarded.

I like that there is no flying at all before the patch, wrath kid myself and i still think that questing at the start should take time especially when we travel around. Also in a pvp server, don't enjoy pvp that much but would defo fight some hordies in the middle of exploring.
    Blizz made a good call and let the qq-ers qq.

Right, this is huge and you can expect exorbitant prices. The best solution and most effective one, actually, would be to reduce the raw materials needed for crafting things (for instance, things requiring mats that require an entire stack of ore each, etc.)

Will that actually happen? I mean, not hard to figure out that answer.

Having 11 characters at 90 I fully intend to capitalize as much as possible on 11 garrisons pumping out mats, especially if there's a supply problem.

mineing and herbing wasn't that bad before flying

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    You do realize that the mine in your garrison starts out at 2 ore/hour or one bar per hour ... PER HOUR

That is hardly a replacement for a farming profession.

Level 85 bots were doing that weird bounce flying thing in Pandaria when they were level 85. They could be the only ones "flying" before patch 6.1 hits.

With all the gold that was pumped into the system from dailies, higher prices are most likely going to be relative anyway.
    MoP felt ridiculous for how easy it was to accumulate large sums of gold...going to need something to spend it on and it may as well be mats
    "Too late, and to their sorrow, do those who misplace their trust in gods learn their fate" - Judge Bergan

The notion that nature can be calculated inevitably leads to the conclusion that humans too can be reduced to basic mechanical parts