Deleted

Could the next expansion be about an alternative Azeroth

So in WoD we're visiting an alternative Draenor where orcs never invaded Azeroth and caused WC1-3. So could this open up another expansion involving us visiting an Azeroth where orcs never invaded? Think about the possibilities! Arthas would be King of Lordeaon, Scourge never exisited, etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would make for a good Caverns of Time dungeon, or maybe even a series of raids, but not an entire expansion. To be honest, even though I'm pumped for the new expansion, the entire "go back to pre-historic Draenor and kill Garrosh again" angle is kind of a cop-out so they can focus more on new raids, gear, character models, and other systems instead of putting a lot of thought and time into lore.

So the idea of another version of Azeroth (we've already had two...) doesn't really excite me, to be honest. I'd rather have something new, fresh, never done before with new characters and new lore and new new new.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what would we do exactly? Cause it wouldn't be a "war" to Warcraft in.

Deleted
    Not much to do for the horde, considering it wouldn't even exist in it's current form.

And no, not trying to start a horde vs alliance bias flamewar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    So what would we do exactly? Cause it wouldn't be a "war" to Warcraft in.
    Various reasons - Burning Legion, Old Gods, Dragons, Titans

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    Not much to do for the horde, considering it wouldn't even exist in it's current form.

And no, not trying to start a horde vs alliance bias flamewar.
    The Alliance doesn't exist in WoD either

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    During the Opening of the Dark Portal, it's stated the Burning Legion would have an easier time invading the planet. So unless you want to visit Azeroth B that's populated with demons, Aqir and their sub-races and Naga all over the place, stay where you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flavourcat54 View Post
    During the Opening of the Dark Portal, it's stated the Burning Legion would have an easier time invading the planet. So unless you want to visit Azeroth B that's populated with demons, Aqir and their sub-races and Naga all over the place, stay where you are.
    Which could involve Azeroth B invading Azeroth A

Deleted
    Metzen's comments that this expansion will lead directly onto the next leads me to believe that 7.0 will be about AzerothB. Without being able to use the Orcs as a proxy invasion, I believe that the Legion will invade Azeroth outright, drawing the attention of the Naaru and their alies. The invasion has also caused a mini-shattering, so they can create brand new zones based on the old ones.