Poll: Do you think world PvP should work in brackets like instanced PvP does?

Deleted

World PvP in brackets: good idea?

I recently rolled a new toon on a PvP server because my buddies from college play there (Sylvanas); I don't usually play on PvP servers because I have a few issues with the way level 90s can just fly around one-shotting low-level players from nowhere without any warning or defence, and after this happened to me for the 50th or so time I was honestly getting a bit annoyed. I had a rant in guild chat, but this isn't the place for it and I was just frustrated at the time; I understand that this is part of life on a PvP server and I'm not going to get butthurt because I chose to play somewhere that this is going to happen.

However, while thinking about the problem (that I personally face, it's obviously not a problem for everyone and some do enjoy this aspect of it, so it's all good) I had an idea: what if world PvP worked on the same brackets as Battlegrounds, Arenas etc.? That is to say, 1-10, 11-19, 20-29 etc. and players could only cause damage to players in their own bracket.

The thing with the way it works currently is that a high level player attacking a low level player is going to accomplish absolutely nothing for the low level except make whatever they were doing take slightly longer as they corpse run. There is nothing the low level player can do to avoid being cut down like cheap meat when they're attacked by someone substantially stronger than they are, and the higher level player doesn't get anything out of it besides a cheap kill that took no skill and gives them no reward.

It would be less realistic, sure, but it would also mean more PvP matchups are fair and if you die it's because you were outclassed by a better player, not because they were a higher level. Obviously there's still a fair difference between 20 and 29 but it's not as pronounced as a level 30 getting ganked by a 90.

Another idea I had (while writing this thread, actually) was giving players a stackable buff after another player kills them, which raises their stats in PvP for a time. Something like Vengeance I guess? Imagine being a level 90 player seeing a level 10, thinking they're easy pickings, and ending up having your ass handed to you because that player was ganked 100 times and has PvP stats through the roof.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know about my idea. It may be awesome, it may be terrible, but I appreciate any feedback/criticisms of the suggestion. Stay awesome everyone!

I think the big problem with your idea is it limits player freedom. I realize that it comes entirely at the expense of the low-level player, but taking something away from players is never going to be a popular idea. I'd rather see Blizzard's level scaling system put into use for this situation--a high-level player could still attack lowbies but would immediately be weakened to the same level as their target. Even if this were implemented though, class balance is actually so awful at low levels that fights would still never be fair. Griefers would just attack people on a prot pala, prot warrior, or hunter and you'd still have no chance.

With how fast it is to level nowadays, I think it's unrealistic to even hope for low-level pvp to improve at all. It's absolutely terrible, but it lasts for such a short time that we're not likely to see any development resources applied to it.