Deleted

Why we have 5 pieces tier if the bonus is only for 4 pieces?

Hi,

I was just thinking about... Anyone have idea why we have 5 pieces tier if the bonus is only for 4 pieces? Maybe Aesthetics only? But if we have 5 pieces ( head, shoulders, hands, legs and pants) why not include the boots to complete the set?

15+ Year Old Account
    Because it gives you a little freedom for one of the slots (so perhaps your Best in Slot head is not tier, that's OK).

In classic the sets used to be 8 piece, with an 8 piece bonus, the Naxxramas 40man Tier 3 was a 9 piece set with an 8 piece bonus and only the 1/2 tier sets (Ahn'qiraj T2.5 for example) were 5 piece sets with a 4 piece bonus.

That meant that all none-tier items were basically trash fillers until you got your full set (at least if your set actually matched your role).
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    To make it easier to get that set bonus, and having the choice to wear a non tier piece in a slot where your tier isn't really all that great while still retaining your set bonus?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhrypthor View Post
    Hi,

I was just thinking about... Anyone have idea why we have 5 pieces tier if the bonus is only for 4 pieces? Maybe Aesthetics only? But if we have 5 pieces ( head, shoulders, hands, legs and pants) why not include the boots to complete the set?
    Choice. You can choose which 4 pieces to use, although that choice is an illusion as it's determined before hand which pieces are the best ones to use.

Deleted
    Fair responses.

Thanks for the feedback =)