Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If GC is saying they are further along with WoD at this point than they were back for MoP, I would be inclined to believe him. Just a thought.

I am sure we will see a faster release regardless though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    Glad to hear WoD is moving along nicely, my only worry is that they wont have Tauren done by Launch T-T. Though I suppose this gives me time to level up a Pandaren monk since I have not played MoP yet.
    Tauren are in-dev so I'd say it's a safe bet they make launch. All the ones shown (even just in still form) at Blizzcon will likely make launch.

So Confirmed we have: Gnome, Dwarf, Orc, Tauren, Undead.

They'll probably have 1 more Alliance race as well, just to keep things balanced. My money is on Human due to their age and iconic status.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If it is, I don't really see it at all. This looks more on-par with the Cata reveal (if you remove the Old World Revamp).
    I don't think anyone is in a position to say how complete it is except Blizzard. They control what we see and how much is revealed to us. The new race models may not be done but we're already aware that every model might not be ready by launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    The demo was nothing but a small starting zone. A few quests. 3 updated character models to choose from. And that was it. You were level 90 and the numbers were squished.
    The demo was 3 character models the squish 2 zones and 1 dugeon. In comparison MoP only had the pandaren zone playable in 2011 blizzcon with the monk class half way done. It changed ALOT.

If it is, I don't really see it at all. This looks more on-par with the Cata reveal (if you remove the Old World Revamp).
    Not sure how what they've shown us relates to how far into development they are.

They obviously prepared the Blizzcon demo a long time before they were showed at the event, and that includes the character models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Isn't it great how the internet, which originally opened up a world of possibilities for gaming, has just become a crutch for developers to rush incomplete products to the shelf?
    I kinda agree, Blizzard is in a rough place when Bethesda can ship out a buggy pile of crap and still end up with GOTY awards.

Yeah, skyrim was an amazing game but the amount of bugs was so bad I felt like calling 1.800 lemon law

the trick to fixing this is just waiting till the "We fixed everything that should have been fixed with professional testers" patch is released to buy the game.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest concern is MoP had all the zones at least modeled at reveal. Nagrand and The-Pinensula-Formerly-Known-As-Hellfire are still highly unfinished it seems as there's no screenshots at all of them, just concept art.

EDIT: Just to clarify before someone jumps on this post. I don't think this will push back the start of beta or launch. But I do think people saying it's more finished than MoP are wrong. MoP had a fully-done starting area of a fully-done new race, Monk was in a much better shape than DK was at its reveal. Plus they clearly had most of Pandaria modeled out.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2013-11-14 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    the trick to fixing this is just waiting till the "We fixed everything that should have been fixed with professional testers" patch is released to buy the game.
    but i can't wait!
    it makes me all so hot and wiggly and itchy inside, must play now!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    but i can't wait!
    it makes me all so hot and wiggly and itchy inside, must play now!
    Not to mention some games (SimCity) can take 8 months to fix the obvious bugs!

Beta asap please!

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    GC has stated that WoD is more developed than MoP when the expansions were first announced

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...03652366893056

So maybe we can get it faster than we got MoP
    It probably feels further along in the same amount of time in the same way that when you make a shorter trip it doesn't seem as long as a long one.

In other words, maybe they're further along because they're not going as far in terms of content.

I'd imagine it's because they don't have to come up with a bunch of bullshit lore for a new race or balance a new class.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Might be that they are farther in the development but only choosed to not show that much to keep things less spoiling. Might be what we already saw was the intended stuff to show.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest concern is MoP had all the zones at least modeled at reveal. Nagrand and The-Pinensula-Formerly-Known-As-Hellfire are still highly unfinished it seems as there's no screenshots at all of them, just concept art.

EDIT: Just to clarify before someone jumps on this post. I don't think this will push back the start of beta or launch. But I do think people saying it's more finished than MoP are wrong. MoP had a fully-done starting area of a fully-done new race, Monk was in a much better shape than DK was at its reveal. Plus they clearly had most of Pandaria modeled out.
    You dont know whether or not it is modeled out or not. Omly blizzard does. The fact is 2013 blizzcon had much more to show in the demo than 2011 blizzcon. 2011 had pandaren, and only male pandaren at that. It also had the pandaren zone and a half way finished monk at best. 2013 had 2 zones 1 dungeon 3 new character models/new tier of 100 talents which im sure will change and the item squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    It probably feels further along in the same amount of time in the same way that when you make a shorter trip it doesn't seem as long as a long one.

In other words, maybe they're further along because they're not going as far in terms of content.
    "six of one half-dozen of the other."

the expansion cycle is being shortened, and more developers are being added to the WoW team make the shortening possible, so each expansion will have less material and be produced with more hands on deck.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

without a race and class to eat up large amounts of time they can focus more on the expansion content itself, raids, quests, areas, etc etc.

the models mostly eat up the art and animation teams time. But a class and race eat that and much more since you have to give them quests and balancing and mechanics and lore and etc etc ingame.