Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Updated Druid forms

Has anyone heard if moonkin cat and bear form will get new models as well as the old races. it would kind suck to get these badass new models and then shift to a 2004 moonkin form lol

Cat and bear forms were updated in Wrath of the lich king, so no, they won't be updated again anytime soon. And moonkins.. Sigh, they're gonna look horrible and creepy no matter what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    Cat and bear forms were updated in Wrath of the lich king, so no, they won't be updated again anytime soon. And moonkins.. Sigh, they're gonna look horrible and creepy no matter what.
    They were updated in pre-Cata... Moonkin however was ignored

Owlbears need some love, but the other forms look fine as is.

Quote Originally Posted by jjokubauskas View Post
    Has anyone heard if moonkin cat and bear form will get new models as well as the old races. it would kind suck to get these badass new models and then shift to a 2004 moonkin form lol
    Someone asked that question, and they said no plans for cat/bear because it was just updated. But they plan on Moonkin but no promises. Sometime like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tree form glyph could use higher res textures, but probably not since its just a glyph. Moonkin definitely needs new textures, but id prefer a brand new model.

- - - Updated - - -

Flight forms need higher res textures as well imo.

Still wish they'd add more replaced-forms. Like Wolf replacing cat for Worgen. Same abilities and such, just a different model. The others would require a bit of lore twisting, but so did Trolls being Druids "through the Loa" in the first place.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Glyph of Fake Boomkin exists for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    They were updated in pre-Cata... Moonkin however was ignored
    When this questioned was asked at Blizzcon they still said druids had just gotten an overhaul and wouldn't get anything else for a while.

I already made a thread on this! Answer is no.

i don't know, i just thought of this. i may be out in left field though.

Moonkin use the same dance as ogres, probably same skeleton.
    Ogres are going to play a MAJOR role in WoD.
    Ogres may get a retrofit model same as the PC races due to this role.
    Moonkin may get upgraded following the Ogre update.

just a passing thought
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    i don't know, i just thought of this. i may be out in left field though.

Moonkin use the same dance as ogres, probably same skeleton.
    Ogres are going to play a MAJOR role in WoD.
    Ogres may get a retrofit model same as the PC races due to this role.
    Moonkin may get upgraded following the Ogre update.

just a passing thought
    That makes sense.
    At most, I would have guessed that Moonkins would just be retextured. However, since Glyph of the Stars is available, Blizzard may use that as an excuse to postpone working on updating Moonkins for as long as they can. And to be fair, they probably have their hands full at the moment.

Deleted
    I think it'd be cool to have Troll Druids get a Hakkar like Flight Form.

Flight & Moonkin forms should definetly be updated.
    I wish they could add a glyph or something that lets you be in tree form permemantly (only look-wise, not neccesarily having the benefits permemantly).

There is a permanent tree form glyp (with the old tree form)
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=125047
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2013-11-14 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    forget druids, my shamans ghost wolf needs an update

10+ Year Old Account

Can they say no to that face?

I think Blizz mentioned they MIGHT try to update the boomkin model for WoD, but there were no promises.

The ONLY other form that needs an update is the REGULAR flight form. Epic flight forms are fine, imo. Maybe a slightly higher resolution texture update, but other than that I think it's on par for the most part with the other forms.

Signature by Shyama!

they need to make nelf bears look like druids of the claw in bear form from wow 3 but high rez

YES!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see an update to the Moonkins. It might even convince me to play my druid a little more.