Deleted

Dealing with Gold Braggers

Greetings!

I've made this thread to get your opinion on whether or not it is viable to report these gold players in League who call people out on being bronze / silver and yet feed their lane. I'll give you a couple of examples: Yesterday, I was playing Fizz vs Katarina mid lane and she ended up going 0/8 in 20 mins against me but yet, she kept spouting this nonsense about: 'check your place silver scrub' and 'hahahaha I'm gold you aren't' except her elegant grammar style was as awful as a 4 year old's. Today, I went Vayne bot lane and proceeded to go 7/3 within 20 minutes and yet Lissandra in our team, who was gold went 5/3 and surrendered at 20 because one player on our team (Sion) was afk despite both teams being equal on kills. After we surrendered, I stated that if you had faith in me to carry it could of been a win if you just tried and yet she just responded with 'hahahahaha oke silver.'

What do you guys think? Do you get your share of these people now that the season is over and is it a reportable offence to proclaim your position which you were clearly carried to?

Deleted
    No, I don't believe someone should be reported for pointing out that they are X division, unless they're flaming, feeding on purpose, spamming the same shit over and over or anything of the sort that is actually reportable.

Deleted
    If they called you a scrub, then I think they should be reported - for the insults, not for pointing out they're gold. Just mute someone if they're being arrogant - but nothing against arrogance in the rules. On the other hand if they're spamming, harrassing, insulting, etc... then report them.

People have been using bronze as an insult forever. I've never seen someone use silver as an insult yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If they called you a scrub, then I think they should be reported - for the insults, not for pointing out they're gold. Just mute someone if they're being arrogant - but nothing against arrogance in the rules. On the other hand if they're spamming, harrassing, insulting, etc... then report them.

People have been using bronze as an insult forever. I've never seen someone use silver as an insult yet though.
    during all 4 of my gold 5 promo series I got grouped with plat 5 people, guess what they used to insult their team mates: "silver noobs" and "gold feeders". I kid you not.

How to deal with them? Just report for verbal abuse after the game and put them on ignore during the game.

Deleted
    If they are only pointing out you are in a lower division than them you can't report them. As far as I know being merely condescending toward others is not banable. The moment they start insulting you by calling names/racism/etc. you can report them of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    Greetings!

I've made this thread to get your opinion on whether or not it is viable to report these gold players in League who call people out on being bronze / silver and yet feed their lane. I'll give you a couple of examples: Yesterday, I was playing Fizz vs Katarina mid lane and she ended up going 0/8 in 20 mins against me but yet, she kept spouting this nonsense about: 'check your place silver scrub' and 'hahahaha I'm gold you aren't' except her elegant grammar style was as awful as a 4 year old's. Today, I went Vayne bot lane and proceeded to go 7/3 within 20 minutes and yet Lissandra in our team, who was gold went 5/3 and surrendered at 20 because one player on our team (Sion) was afk despite both teams being equal on kills. After we surrendered, I stated that if you had faith in me to carry it could of been a win if you just tried and yet she just responded with 'hahahahaha oke silver.'

What do you guys think? Do you get your share of these people now that the season is over and is it a reportable offence to proclaim your position which you were clearly carried to?
    It's the same as real life, if someone is feeling venerable in an argumentative situation, they'll simply point out something that makes you feel venerable as well, it's just a way to troll / comfort themselves for being trash, mute them and continue on, they won't get banned for calling your league out.

yea its not nice whne ppl calls me noob diamond when they are only bronze silver

but hey they can laugh all they want but wont still isnt diamond :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    it works the other way around too. I can't even count number of times people have flamed me for being a higher division after playing a bad game, trying a different lane or testing out something ridiculous and failing.

but really, who cares? people report everyone over such tiny things, it's making the game so childish. people just spam reports as retaliation for minuscule things. the only reportable actions in my mind are racism/extremely degoritary language, intentionally feeding and trolling. if you can't deal with a bit of banter just go play a single player game or something.

Division V is home to the worst players, doesn't matter if it's bronze/silver/gold/plat/diamond.

Just mute them if they're being a child.

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    it works the other way around too. I can't even count number of times people have flamed me for being a higher division after playing a bad game, trying a different lane or testing out something ridiculous and failing.

but really, who cares? people report everyone over such tiny things, it's making the game so childish. people just spam reports as retaliation for minuscule things. the only reportable actions in my mind are racism/extremely degoritary language, intentionally feeding and trolling. if you can't deal with a bit of banter just go play a single player game or something.
    i just got into the game a little while ago and group with my friend who is gold. Because this i always come across people who are 30 and above and play against a lot of silvers and golds. What i found out what that silver and below were usually normal level of skill and gold and above could do the more challenging aspects. (Riven wild dance around the turret to stay alive).

However despite gold players being able to do some more complicated moves, they would fall off later as the game progressed and it was usually my teammates that would give it up or tell me to do things i know would fail. At least in the games i lost.

Despite all this they were never that intimidating and i could always learn something off of how they move and how to juke them in return. Some i realized were a little bit of a lost cause (olaf vs a riven pre 6). Anyway what i want to say is that you shouldn't let them bother you because they aren't as good as they think they are. Try and learn as much from them as you can and practice.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    Greetings!

Report him/her for negative attitude, trolling, flaming, feeding and offensive language.

Yeah I see a lot of people with their heads up their arse who think they're Gods gift to gaming, yet all they've ever been is carried. They have no personal skill what so ever and blame everyone else for everything that happens. They think that an entire team should conform to their wishes and demands, which is probably ironicly what they need as they need a team to carry them to success.

A really good player doesn't need to brag, boast or insult. He/she just plays and his/her play speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    If they are only pointing out you are in a lower division than them you can't report them. As far as I know being merely condescending toward others is not banable. The moment they start insulting you by calling names/racism/etc. you can report them of course.
    Actually, tone and intent of being toxic is very reportable. Toxic behavior, as you know, is not acceptable by Riot's standards. If someone is being toxic, report them.

You may enjoy doing this rude behavior, so are defending it.

You are silver, so ... is clearly toxic. Diamond scrub get carried much? is toxic. Bronze scrub. is toxic.

Just learn to be a decent human being to each other, no matter what rank you or they are in. It is simple. I'll report anyone, any rank, for being toxic, so will the people I play with. We can joke and talk shit over voice chat with each other ... but leave that bullshit out of game chat. Show good sportsmanship and a healthy attitude.

They were just Bming like anyone else who goes "haha your a scrub" the only division is they believe been in gold actually makes you good at this game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    Actually, tone and intent of being toxic is very reportable. Toxic behavior, as you know, is not acceptable by Riot's standards. If someone is being toxic, report them.

You may enjoy doing this rude behavior, so are defending it.

You are silver, so ... is clearly toxic. Diamond scrub get carried much? is toxic. Bronze scrub. is toxic.

Just learn to be a decent human being to each other, no matter what rank you or they are in. It is simple. I'll report anyone, any rank, for being toxic, so will the people I play with. We can joke and talk shit over voice chat with each other ... but leave that bullshit out of game chat. Show good sportsmanship and a healthy attitude.
    I agree that douche bag behavior is bad but saying just "You are (only) silver, so..." isn't an offense as far as I know. Do I wish people being asshats would be an offense? Yes. But I don't think it is at the moment unless you add in insults and the like into the mix.