Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Its just Blizzard Defense Brigade trying to make anyone that isn't Blizzard look bad. They show up in every thread on these forums that isn't praising Blizzard and kissing the ground they walk on.
    Partially, but it's also people who don't like ludicrous claims that aren't backed up by any concrete evidence.

it was a bad idea making it free in the first place, i refuse to play a free mmo...

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    it was a bad idea making it free in the first place, i refuse to play a free mmo...
    Then you're missing out on a number of fantastic MMO's. Your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Then you're missing out on a number of fantastic MMO's. Your loss.
    Almost all MMOs, in fact.

Tratra, I really suggest that you get over your F2Phobia.

It has done nothing but help swtor.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    I probably count as one of those 10mil players, but I just played the first month when the released, just like the other 2mil back then..

Deleted
    I actually just started playing again. The game still has minor issues (the engine with it's choppiness will never stop irritating me), but overall I'm finding myself having more fun than in WoW currently. Mostly because I can actually die while leveling, and there are interesting storylines and a lot of challenging group quests.

However, the ability bloat is even worse than WoW's. I'm level 6, I don't want ten abilities when I just barely learned to remember what the first three ones do!

Well, I guess some of those casual players are mostly like me. Aka:

1) Played pre-release due to pre-ordering
    2) Got to max level
    3) Tried to do some max level content, got bored pretty fast
    4) Quit
    5) Gave it a try after the game went F2P
    6) After a day went "NOPE! Still doesn't make me want to continue playing."
    7) Quit again.

Edit:
    Oh yeah, and I do wonder what they mean by "Occasionally". Once per week ? Once per month ? Once a quarter ? It isn't very clear.
    Last edited by rad586; 2013-12-16 at 01:37 PM.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Very dubious claim by Bioware about the 10M figure. What do they mean by "play occasionally"? Are they counting players who have quit a long time as part of that number? Or is it the total number of accounts created over the entire lifetime of SWTOR?

Anyways, without Bioware specifying, it's going to be a meaningless number, like the McDonald's "over 100 billion served!"

Also as a F2P game, it does not matter if you have 10 million, 100 million, or billions of players if they all don't pay at least something. As long as they have enough "whales" they should be fine.

Deleted
    This is the usual investor spin! Heavily misleading and deceptive.

Many will just try out the game once and never come back, but they are counted in the investor report, thus giving a false posetive estimation of # of total players.
    Blizzard counts it differentl by only counting reoccurring paid accounts ..for...uhmm ..was it a week or month ..been like ~9 years since I read it.

What I think he's saying is that 10 million people have played at some point since launch, if even for a minute. 1 million are active players (logging on at least once a month).

At least that's what I get from it.

SWTOR is still garbage. Elemental Shaman in WoW makes me feel more like a Sith than SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by hexhammer View Post
    this is the usual investor spin! Heavily misleading and deceptive.

Many will just try out the game once and never come back, but they are counted in the investor report, thus giving a false posetive estimation of # of total players.
    Blizzard counts it differentl by only counting reoccurring paid accounts ..for...uhmm ..was it a week or month ..been like ~9 years since i read it.
    holy-necro-batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    Good to know, honestly. SWTOR has lots of potential - the game has some of the best character development of any MMO, in my opinion. Game's fun.
    Agreed.

It's a fun game and the character stories and leveling is amazing about once on each story. After that it gets a little stale.

SWTOR has some problems but it does have potential and the longer it stays around with a supporting stable base, which it seems to have, the better it will get.

This thread is about a comment about the number of players that was made at an event almost a year ago; as such it's super outdated and not really relevant anymore.