Thread: Scarab Lord

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Scarab Lord

Hey,

I have a question regarding my character, I've come to a certain point in my life where it's time to "move on" from WoW.
    My main is a Scarab Lord that I earned back in Vanilla and I want to pass it on to my son. He has his own Battle.net account that he
    plays daily on and I'm wondering that if I transfer of my Scarab Lord character to his account will he get the achievement?

I do not want the Scarab Lord achievement on my account, but I want it to be on his. The character that I want to transfer of was
    the one who earned the achievement.

Best regards.

If they arent on the same battle.net account you cannot transfer it. Its a safeguard against selling accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that is is very unlikely. Ask a GM to be sure.

There's a good chance he'll get it if you move your character to his account. Since you have the same last name on file (I'm assuming) they basically will always approve the character transfer if you just do it like they're both your account. Do not tell them or send in a ticket about doing it because they'll likely say you aren't supposed to give characters away. My cousins used to trade around toons this way all the time.

Deleted
    you can fuse two battle.net accounts if the owners related to each other, afaik.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going to take a stab in the dark and say that your "son" is someone you know very little about and wanted to have a super cool mount for the low low price of however many dollars. Unless you merge both battlenet accounts this "son" will not get the mount, the achievement was made for the account and not for the character when they went with account wide achievements to prevent the selling of certain mounts.

So no he will not get the mount unless both accounts are merged, which last I checked blizz actually does not allow you to do so anymore because they know people are selling rare things.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-11-14 at 08:39 PM.

If you transferred the character that earned the achievement from one battle.net to anouther, (possible is the surnames match) then yes the achievment will follow. HOWEVER the mount will not. Unless your son has pets and mounts that are unique to his battle.net that he want to keep, it would be better to have him transfer his characters to your battle.net instead.

edit: don't listen to people about merging battle.nets, it doesn't work that way. they will strip the account from one battle.net and put it on anouther this will have the same effect as transfering characters. i.e. all mounts, pets will be lost. Achievements are still character bound a move with the character.
    Last edited by TheTaurenOrc; 2013-11-14 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the last names match up, you can trade it. Blizzard allows you to trade characters between family accounts... they just don't want you trading to friends or other people. I've traded characters plenty of times between my brother and I. About every expansion we'd trade characters based on what type of class we'd like to play for that expansion.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

To me it sounds like it would be easier to move his characters onto your account, rather than the other way around.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

What crakerjack said is true, last names just need to match up. It's also legal in the TOS for a minor to play their parent's account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Going to take a stab in the dark and say that your "son" is someone you know very little about and wanted to have a super cool mount for the low low price of however many dollars. Unless you merge both battlenet accounts this "son" will not get the mount, the achievement was made for the account and not for the character when they went with account wide achievements to prevent the selling of certain mounts.

So no he will not get the mount unless both accounts are merged, which last I checked blizz actually does not allow you to do so anymore because they know people are selling rare things.
    Not true, because you had to relog onto all your characters account-wide to "unlock" several achievements which were exclusive to the char you made them on. Also, people are buying very old accounts from the time before battle.net and add them on theirs to get the achieves.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-11-14 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Not true, because you had to relog onto all your characters account-wide to "unlock" several achievements which were exclusive to the char you made them on. Also, people are buying very old accounts from the time before battle.net and add them on theirs to get the achieves.
    I think you just took a stab in the dark here, and you are PROBABLY not right.

I had two diff b.net accounts, one with warcraft 3, and one with wow. I contacted customer service, and requested they move warcraft3 keys over to my "proper" bnet account, but they were unable to do so. I then made another request, this time for moving my WOW account from my main bnet account, into the bnet account with only warcraft on it (this scenario sounds like what the OP wants).

When the wow acc was successfully moved, all acievements were reset, and all progress on current achievements were also reset. (I got the acc transfere reverted because of the disasterous results)
    Last edited by Bzl; 2013-11-14 at 10:22 PM.
    ^ I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    I think you just took a stab in the dark here, and you are PROBABLY not right.

I had two diff b.net accounts, one with warcraft 3, and one with wow. I contacted customer service, and requested they move warcraft3 keys over to my "proper" bnet account, but they were unable to do so. I then made another request, this time for moving my WOW account from my main bnet account, into the bnet account with only warcraft on it (this scenario sounds like what the OP wants).

When the wow acc was successfully moved, all acievements were reset, and all progress on current achievements were also reset. (I got the acc transfere reverted because of the disasterous results)
    Your both right sort off...

UcanDOSht is correct in saying that you can buy an old wow account pre battle.net, and put it on your battle.net account. Then when you login the achieves and pet/mounts will be populated to the battle.net.

What happened to you was basically the same as transferring the individual characters, but as whole account, which now wipes the characters of mount and pets.

Deleted
    I am not looking to "sell" the mount,why would I be hassling to make character transfers just to sell Scarab Lord? If I wanted to sell it, I would sell the whole account,jesus...

Anyways, I'm not going to go in on details on how my son is but he'll be bothered that the account will have my name on it,and all his friends will notice that aswell.
    So, once again...What I am asking for is,if I would transfer my Scarab Lord toon from my Battle.net account to his Battle.net account (we both have the same lastname obviously) will the achievement/mount & title transfer off from my account into his?

This isn't an unmerged account or anything that you guys are speaking of btw..

To my understanding, you can transfer the character, but the mount would not transfer
    I'm not sure about this mount, is it still an item to mount it? or like all mount the mount page?
    If it is on the mount page, I don't think it will transfer
    I would say to contact a GM and ask

Tried to do this with those special pets where you get in mail when you make a new char, back in the day when they were still an item in bag until you click them
    Transferred the new character to my cousin's account same last name, pets did not follow over

:') This is a beautiful idea!

If it is legit, and you really do want your son to have the Scarab Lord legacy, then Blizzard should make this an exception to any rule and allow it

Quote Originally Posted by Arwat View Post
    I am not looking to "sell" the mount,why would I be hassling to make character transfers just to sell Scarab Lord? If I wanted to sell it, I would sell the whole account,jesus...

Anyways, I'm not going to go in on details on how my son is but he'll be bothered that the account will have my name on it,and all his friends will notice that aswell.
    So, once again...What I am asking for is,if I would transfer my Scarab Lord toon from my Battle.net account to his Battle.net account (we both have the same lastname obviously) will the achievement/mount & title transfer off from my account into his?

No they wont. You never log in with credentials like first&last name. You log in with a email address that can even be changed at will. If you just have him change to a temp email address, and change the email address of YOUR b.net over to his current email, non will be any wiser the next time they see him logging in on his computer.

Oh, you might say; what about real ID? It has been "replaced" by battletag. I say "replaced"; it still exists, but you can easily maneuver around the old implementation where they got your full name; and you can now customize the name you share with players aka. your battle tag.

Also, the mount wont be transferred. I tried this earlier. Once the character has been logged in to whichever b.net account it has been associated with, the mount is "elevated" over into b.net acc level. There was supposedly a glitch the first few days that kept the mounts/pet/achi's on both bnet acc AND wow acc, which allowed for what you want, but it has been sealed for obvious reasons.
    ^ I agree with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arwat View Post

It is very likely that it will transfer, yes.

That's how every other achievement/mount is transfered, so I don't see why it wouldn't work in this case.

Well at least I know that Blizzard can be pretty reasonable in such request given you send them the right paperwork.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    No they wont. You never log in with credentials like first&last name. You log in with a email address that can even be changed at will. If you just have him change to a temp email address, and change the email address of YOUR b.net over to his current email, non will be any wiser the next time they see him logging in on his computer.

Oh, you might say; what about real ID? It has been "replaced" by battletag. I say "replaced"; it still exists, but you can easily maneuver around the old implementation where they got your full name; and you can now customize the name you share with players aka. your battle tag.

Also, the mount wont be transferred. I tried this earlier. Once the character has been logged in to whichever b.net account it has been associated with, the mount is "elevated" over into b.net acc level. There was supposedly a glitch the first few days that kept the mounts/pet/achi's on both bnet acc AND wow acc, which allowed for what you want, but it has been sealed for obvious reasons.
    Yes, they will...My btag can no longer be changed and it's a nickname to my real name...I know well enough how the login works and I was referring
    to RealID and Btag.

Alright, what about the title and the achievement? Does that transfer?