Voters
2563. This poll is closed
  • Started Old School Vanilla

2,033 79.32%
  • Came in the later days BCS or Later

530 20.68%
Page 1 of 42
... LastLast

Cool How many ACTUALLY played Vanilla????

Seriously how many actually played Vanilla? From what I see not alot. World of Warcraft was one of the most succesful MMO's to ever be released.....and it all started with NO FLYING, NO GROUP FINDER, it really started with a very bare minimum system. complaining about 20man raid instead of 25? we used to have to gather 40!!!! 40!!!!!!! players to do 1 raid. Everyone who came after vanilla had it easy from the start, when blizz makes a "challange" everyone has a fit, its a game its supposed to be challanging. I myself enjoyed the challange and experience of Vanilla and am very glad blizzard is thinking of our experiences in the old days and trying to bring them back in a form. Excited about this expansion and cant wait to hear more news!!

(and really complaing about flying?? WoW is one of the only MMO's that has a full proof flying mount system. stop complaining!)

I did.

/waves

Quote Originally Posted by achrius777 View Post
    Seriously how many actually played Vanilla? From what I see not alot. World of Warcraft was one of the most succesful MMO's to ever be released.....and it all started with NO FLYING, NO GROUP FINDER, it really started with a very bare minimum system. complaining about 20man raid instead of 25? we used to have to gather 40!!!! 40!!!!!!! players to do 1 raid. Everyone who came after vanilla had it easy from the start, when blizz makes a "challange" everyone has a fit, its a game its supposed to be challanging. I myself enjoyed the challange and experience of Vanilla and am very glad blizzard is thinking of our experiences in the old days and trying to bring them back in a form. Excited about this expansion and cant wait to hear more news!!

(and really complaing about flying?? WoW is one of the only MMO's that has a full proof flying mount system. stop complaining!)
    People are complaining about the fact that 25 man guilds have to kick 5 people and 10 mans have to find 10 more competent players. They aren't complaining about the size. They are complaining about the lack of options for Hardmodes. Don't be so dense about it. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by achrius777 View Post

Many of us still play but we have a house, job, kids, wife/husband, dog etc etc now that we did not when we had School, and free time. As such many of us that were around back then can look back and go "damn it was so epic back then" but then also realise "damn I don't have that much free time anymore and they gave me all these convinient features to keep enjoying hte game but now they want to take them away

Sure you didn't have flying back then but you also wasted shitons of time... remeber farming tubers? O yea soooo much fun! Farming Silver Mountain sage in azshara for healign pots? again not fun! Running around the silithus hives helping that guildie collect drops for the AQ quest chain? again not fun.... NOT having a mount in AQ yet and runnign back from a wipe?

"can't believe people actually use the internet to post there opinion..back in the good old days we had a journal we would use, what ever happened to that?"

Heck I trying to come up with the gold to get my first mount was my concern.

i did and i have the pvp title to prove it(well its only the general title but still)

Deleted
    I did I was a total noob ... well not much has changed xD

Deleted
    i did, and im looking forward to WoD!

I did and I have multiple PVP FOS titles to prove it. However, just because the game was different then doesn't mean we should blindly accept changes now. We have had flying far longer than Vanilla and early BC didn't. Honestly, your argument is merely the WoW equivalent of "in my day we had to walk uphill both ways, you youngins".

Deleted
    Everyone on this forum, if you believe them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I came in during the middle of Vanilla raided MC, and some BWL. I still have my Knight lieutenant rank from the old pvp rankings.

i started back in vanilla as a dwarf hunter, i played him till early cata and switched to my pally and shaman, for WoD hes coming back big time now that dwarves look good

10+ Year Old Account
    There was little 'good' about the good ole' days. The memories you have are epic, because back then you didn't have other options. Now you do.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saicam View Post
    the lvl 40 mount was rough enough, you kinda had to know what you were doing in order to save enough by then. I farmed my epic mount at 60 by farming Arcane crystals which sold for 20g a pop !

Quote Originally Posted by Captiosus View Post
    I did and I have multiple PVP FOS titles to prove it. However, just because the game was different then doesn't mean we should blindly accept changes now. We have had flying far longer than Vanilla and early BC didn't. Honestly, your argument is merely the WoW equivalent of "in my day we had to walk uphill both ways, you youngins".
    It meant a lot more back then, Epic mounts were a lot rarer, people used to try farm rank 9 (or 10?) to get the free pvp epic mount. Pallies and locks did long and expensive class quests to get theirs. Even in BC epic flyers were rare to see and a lot of people still used ground mounts as the basic flyer was only 60% speed. I remember finally getting epic flying on my main and then alt in BC, it took a couple of weeks of saving and farming to get it and I was one of very few in guild who actually had one. Looks like with WoD Blizz are going back to this system of earning it, which i think is awesome ! can't wait.
    Last edited by Splatter; 2013-11-14 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saicam View Post
    hehe, my first epic mount was the alterac epic mount, because it did only costs 640gold and not the ~900. Full raiding gear, but slow mount.
    Never been a rich guy.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the first raids were 10mans, and then a 15man after that. I played a holy priest, and getting dazed off my mount was a frustrating (i.e. not fun) thing. There's nothing "challenging" about trying to get somewhere and being slowed down by either running around mobs or getting dazed and having to kill them.

I started nov 2004. No, Vanilla was not better.

Deleted
    I did. Progressed through MC,BWL,AQ with AQ20 and ZG. Quit right before naxx tho and returned for tbc.
    Or well, I started in the open beta.

Oh and they removed the old honor rank system right before I got my next rank. So got stuck on centurion ;(

According to my account history, I started 11feb 2005.
    Last edited by mmoceb49e7900c; 2013-11-14 at 09:59 PM.

I did! Played in the Vanilla beta as well, I remember doing a massive raid on crossroads at level 30 and then taking refuge in northwatch hold or w/e it's called.

I started late 2006. This was my first time playing a game of this type so I had no idea what I was doing.