Thread: Bonus rolls

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bonus rolls

So at Blizzcon there was a question in the Q&A about bonus rolls and they clearly stated that basically anyone saying they had 9+ rolls and no loot was a liar
    Also in the past blue posts have stated that there is no differentiation in the streak protection for the different coin types.

So anyway since last week I've used 4 coins on old world bosses and now an additional 7 warforged seals raiding and no loot.
    I don't know if maybe the blue posts I read from months back were wrong and different coins have different streaks or what but I'd like to know a bit more about how it works...

Now I don't want to coin on doing world bosses this week just in case it screws up rolling in next weeks raid by resetting this long no loot streak.

Meh...

Fairly sure he said on the same boss... See if I cant find it real quick.

"If you see somebody that posts like 'I used 15 bonus rolls in a row on this thing and I didn't win a single item' they're actually officially lying"

His use of the word "thing" there I guess could be considered a single boss, or a single raid. Hard to tell actually. I'd assume single boss though.
    Last edited by QwertySham; 2013-11-20 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    I'm on 9 coins without loot, 3 different bosses for 3 weeks, lets see what tomorrow brings :-/

He said 15 bonus rolls on the same boss, that is hardly the same thing as 3 different types of coins on 11 different bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bonus rolls are both great and terrible. You should just try not to get upset by them. Try and remember they're a bonus and we didnt even used to have them. I have rolled several items I dont need and gold in place of items I do and it sucks but f it. It's something I wouldnt have had if I didnt roll. Be it gold or a some crappy itemized piece.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

It sucked until 5.3 when you had to grind or do horrible dailies to get ta coins

now it feels really "bonus" as TI showers coins
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Hmm since patch 5.4 I think I got 4 items max 5 from bonus rolls. 3x same item. we are week 8? so that's 4 chances on 24 -> 1/6 to get an item that you can already have or don't need :P
    I find bonus roll a good idea but I'd prefer if we only have 1 per week but 100% chance.
    Or smart that doesn't give you an item you already have.
    Or better! make it possible to trade it! I mean I would rather give an item I rolled that I don't need to a guildie or even a perfect stranger from the group than making 5-25g.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It sucked until 5.3 when you had to grind or do horrible dailies to get ta coins

now it feels really "bonus" as TI showers coins
    I totally agree . 5.0-5.3 it felt like a freaking chore, like "wash the dishes, cook, clean the house, oh you forgot the groceries"
    While now it's more of a bonus type of thing . Like it's meant to be.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

I'm 5/5 on my last rolls. 3x on Siegecrafter (2x shoulder tokens and bracers....got everything but the thing I need, the trinket) and then 2x on Dark Shams, and got a belt and cape -_- also need a trinket from there that I can't get). So I mean - I guess I'm lucky, but in all the wrong ways. Have no use for any of the things I've rolled.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using my 3 Bonus Rolls a week I mostly think I'm unlucky and going dry with just Gold but something will pop up before you hit the 15th. I think that's what the guy at Blizzcon was trying to get across. You can't have had nothing within 15 Bonus Rolls total. Although they have said Bonus Rolls on one Boss shouldn't affect another Boss.

You might argue it sucks getting just Gold but it's still free Gold. Before MoP Bonus Rolls didn't even exist. Extra Loot into the Raid is always a good thing though.

I had a ridiculously bad streak recently.

8 coins all gold, 9th coin got myself a heroic belt to replace my 540. Let's see if I can hit 9 failed rolls in a row in the upcoming weeks.

Well I guess you answered your own question, you are obviously lying.

I hit warforged 14 fails before a success, although some of them were on celestials / 1 ordos. I believe I'm on 6 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

i would rather take the gold than twice in a raw heroic cloak of immerseus (one was wf)

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I understood the safe guard was per boss so say you roll week 1 on boss 1 and nothing then the next week you have a greater chance if you roll on that boss as well etc etc till you get a drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    1st loot got after 3 coins,2nd loot on 4th coin, 3th loot on 3th coin, 4th loot on 5th coin and this week loot after 7th coin

I thought this was totally random but chances increase with each failed roll.. but they never said what %

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 6 lootless coins on dark shaman and on malkorok as well. Spoils on the other hand, I coined the neck twice in consecutive weeks.

I'm starting to get excited (and I'll probably get stuff I absolutely have no use for as soon as my bad-luck-protection kicks in).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    i would rather take the gold than twice in a raw heroic cloak of immerseus (one was wf)
    that feel.....got that cloak on flex 2 weeks ina row or more pissed me off lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    From what I understood the safe guard was per boss so say you roll week 1 on boss 1 and nothing then the next week you have a greater chance if you roll on that boss as well etc etc till you get a drop.
    Do you know if it resets once you get loot from A boss, or will you keep having higher chance on the other bosses you'd rolled on ?
    I roll same 3 every week