Poll: How do you deal with homework

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not doing homework is one of the great things about having left school long ago. Now I do work at home oftentimes, but at least it's something interesting/important instead of mindless busy work that serves no purpose.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    I did most of it on the train going to school.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always did my homework during the breaks at school, or on the bus going home (1 hour each way...)
    That said, I was never good at doing my homework..

Didn't matter anyway, all you needed to ace a test was to rehearse a bit before you took it. Since you where usually just required to remember things, and not actually know the subject.
    Which IMO is a huge flaw in the education system.

Of course that changes somewhat in higher education levels.

It's more of a question of what works for you? While High School is a bit of a joke once you get to University/College your current procrastinating will bit you in the ass trust me. Trust me I know what your going through but trust me in saying it's not fun when it's Sunday when you have 2 essays, 2 exams, and you have to do a presentation the next day.

My only advice is to try to do the homework as soon as possible.

Homework? What homework?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Me neither - then i entered university and holy crap am I catching up with a vengeance...
    This sounds about right. Last year I didn't really go to lectures either but I still passed very well. This year however I've been going and it terrified me, but I reckon I could still sit an exam on it and do somewhat well. Last few weeks I've done a LOT to try and make sure I get it all done to a first standard.

Edit: Reminds me that I got very lucky throughout school in terms of teachers. Every year I had at least 1 teacher that said they didn't believe in homework and instead told us to write down in our little form journals what we did in class and pretend it was homework, as our form tutors sometimes checked and there was always one parent who checked that and got upset when they didn't see homework set for their child and complained to the headmaster, which caused problems the teachers obviously didn't want to deal with.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I never do my homework i just pretend to be the serious and nice kid who tries but isnt that good so i get average grades hahahaha im a nice lier and actor yeah

imma litle sinner dude

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Garbage men have homework. :P

50% of HW I used to just not do, ever.
    45% of HW I used to do at school, during breaks, just before the lesson, right after they were given.
    ~5% of HW I used to do at home the night before.
    <1% of HW I used to do ahead of scedhule at home.

My exams always averaged above 90, in almost every field.
    Problem with my school was, that not doing your homework reaptidly could get your final grades lowered by upto 7 pts.
    My school also had rules about skipping school, if you didn't attend a class or an entire school-day without a doctors note, you could get upto 10 pts decrease in your final grades.

Needless to say, as someone who always skipped school and barely done his HW, I ended highschool with an average of about 87, when I should have gotten an average of roughly 96-97....
    Retarded school rules... but I expect to be doing alot better at uni, when I actually care for what I'm studying to do the assignments.
    Last edited by Falu; 2013-11-19 at 01:40 PM.

<Me> Oh well. It's getting late, I gotta get up early in the morning....time for bed.
    (15 minutes later)
    <Me> Oh shit. Homework.

That was usually how it went for me. I studied for tests the same way. I can think of one example where I had an entire month to work on a project, and I didn't start it until the night before it was due. I got an A on it though. I guess I work better under pressure.