Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So both the Cartel Market and then by extension the GTN sell Escrow Transfers. They allow you to take money out of your escrow and use it in the game. If you don't have enough for the specific amount, it will not consume the item. So you don't have to worry about wasting one. What I meant by 'service charge' is that you have to spend your credits or cartel coins to get to your additional credits.

To simplify and provide an example:

1) You have 350k credits, the preferred cap.

2) You have 2 Million credits in your escrow (unfortunately you cannot see your escrow total that I know of which is awkward)

3) You purchase a 600k Escrow Transfer from the GTN for 75k credits.

4) 600k credits are added to your current balance, minus the 75k you had to pay ('service charge') for the transfer. Your total credits will now show 875k. This can be repeated as many times as you like as long as you have the credits in escrow. Theoretically you are not locked out of any amount of purchases, but there will be a fee on each transfer. Think of it like using an ATM with fees.
    Thanks for the explanation.

Interesting. This may be a great way to potentially unlock nearly everything in the game. Unfortunately, some of the things seem to be completely unlockable, such, for example, as the reduced XP gain for non-subscribers, or operations limit per week...

I would forgive anything (Even cartel market and F2P) to SWTOR if only they'd introduce new Class Storylines (Not Makeb like but Vanila like). I have to say I had fun in this game as long as I had a class story to unfold.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation.

Interesting. This may be a great way to potentially unlock nearly everything in the game. Unfortunately, some of the things seem to be completely unlockable, such, for example, as the reduced XP gain for non-subscribers, or operations limit per week...
    Yes and to be fair I think that's where their model utterly fails. It's why I kinda argue against people complaining about other things, when there are real and important things that should be changed. In my eyes, the game needs a vastly higher credit cap (if they insist on having one, which they do primarily to combat gold sellers) and permanent content unlocks(no weekly passes for content, one time purchase and done). And their ideology of punishing non subscribers instead of simply rewarding subscribers is archaic. F2P should be the standard game and spending money should be adding to or enhancing that experience.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls191 View Post
    Making it so free to play players aren't being punished as much as they are right now.

For example, instead of reducing free to play experience, they should leave it normal and instead make subscribers experience doubled.
    For all you know that is what they did. You do understand it is the same if f2p gets half of norm or f2p gets norm and subs get x2 xp. It really just comes down to wording.

The f2p model isn't great but guess what it is free. I do not understand ppl getting something for nothing then being upset it isn't good enough.

OT A better tracking of buffs/procs would go a long way. More ways to skip the unnecessary load screens to get to some planets or faster movement from one planet to another. Going from your ship to a airlock hallway, which is super fun and neat to walk down, then a space station and finally the planet with a load screen at each stop is a bit much.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    For all you know that is what they did. You do understand it is the same if f2p gets half of norm or f2p gets norm and subs get x2 xp. It really just comes down to wording.
    You do realize this is completely, factually wrong? In one you have F2P leveling at a rate of 0.5 while subscribers get 1.0. In the other choice, you have F2P leveling at 1.0 and subscribers at 2.0. If you look at the amount of XP required to go from 1-50, that's a gigantic difference in numbers.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Remove all quality of life things you have to buy. Use TERA or GW2s f2p model, because SWOTRs f2p is downright offensive and makes you quit the moment you get an ugly headpiece, or too many abilities for your hotbar.
    You can easily get around those buying things from the GTN with ingame currency. In a few minutes of play you can unlock those things costing you nothing more then the time you were playing the game and doing other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You have 2 Million credits in your escrow (unfortunately you cannot see your escrow total that I know of which is awkward)
    Actually you can . Go into your inventory and click on the "currency" tab. Your escrow balance should be posted on the bottom if you're playing as nonsub.
    Last edited by catcommando; 2014-01-06 at 09:55 PM.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catcommando View Post
    Actually you can . Go into your inventory and click on the "currency" tab. Your escrow balance should be posted on the bottom.
    I couldn't remember how to do it because it has been a while since I was in game, which is why I said I couldn't remember. Thanks for the clarification. So there you go. You know exactly how much you have, so you know what unlocks would be the most bang for your credits so to speak.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I sorta enjoy the world design in that even when one gets through 2-3 loading screens and the needless transition spaces occasionally the game will throw something downright perverse at you.

Like the long elevator to the surface at Hoth.
    The travelling between stations in't what is bothering me, it's the loading screens that can take up to 2 mins. And that's on a new high end PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    The travelling between stations in't what is bothering me, it's the loading screens that can take up to 2 mins. And that's on a new high end PC.
    But you get to go from a loading screen to that super fun awesome hallway just to do another loading screen!

I wouldn't change much. I do agree with a lot of others about the power aura thing. With a game where for pretty much all classes is centered around procs, then they really need to do something ease that. It's terrible to have to watch for a lot of the procs on your your health bar, just bad design.

1. dps/hps/threat meter
    2. some way of changing advanced class, even if it's via cartel market....
    3. Macro's

Other than these 3, for me they have fixed most everything else that was wrong with the game. And you can get a dps/hps meter anyway so that's not even a real biggie anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't make the f2p restrictions so in your face. Swtor doesn't really have the subs to push the restrictions so hard. Do something about all the loading it was so annoying during the brief time I played it. Some instance I played was more loading than actually killing things.

- - - Updated - - -

But you get to go from a loading screen to that super fun awesome hallway just to do another loading screen!
    This so much. I just wanted to pull my hair out!

10+ Year Old Account
    But... You are forgetting an important part. Sometimes there is a mega fun flashpoint courier in the halfway, or a super memorable officer telling you how bad the things on the surface are going! How can you remove that essential part from the game?!

But... You are forgetting an important part. Sometimes there is a mega fun flashpoint courier in the halfway, or a super memorable officer telling you how bad the things on the surface are going! How can you remove that essential part from the game?!
    It's almost as essential as running to my ship on fleet, 900 times.

Deleted
    SWTOR has become a fucking Armor/Pet/Mount Simulator. The "Endgame" is about getting shiny **BlingBling** Armor + Pets and Mounts. The Content at Maxlevel is a fucking Joke. I would advice anyone to quit after finishing their Class-Story.

15+ Year Old Account
    However, I would really like to unlock some races (Mirialan and Miraluka, especially), to get artifact authorization and to be able to choose from all possible rewards for quests - and these unlocks on GTN on my server currently cost way beyond my credit cap, even as a preferred player.
    You could always sub for a month and make a bunch of non-F2P characters with the intent of leveling them at your own pace. That's what I did, once I'd decided I liked the game enough to keep playing it a bit. I've only got one character very far, but in the process I earned enough credits to buy account-wide unlocks for Artifact Authorization, Section X, Crew Skills, Unify Colors, Inventory space, GTN slots, and Server Slots.

My month is about up, but I've got a character ready or a lowby for all of the different Advanced classes, and I'm pretty sure with all those unlocks I won't be too inconvenienced by not being a sub. If I decide I want to do endgame stuff at some point I might re-sub; I've got no problem with giving them some more money because I feel like I'm ahead so far.

Know what I'd buy Cartel Coins for? Radio stations, like in GTA. It'd have to have more original content than GTA's, because it's a different universe, instead of a video game version of sections of the USA, but it would kick ass if done well. It's not a small change or a likeability thing, just something I was thinking about while spending hours mostly on my speeder doing the macrobinocular/seeker droid questlines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastila View Post
    SWTOR has become a fucking Armor/Pet/Mount Simulator. The "Endgame" is about getting shiny **BlingBling** Armor + Pets and Mounts. The Content at Maxlevel is a fucking Joke. I would advice anyone to quit after finishing their Class-Story.
    Same as WoW or Rift. They all have the same end game. SWTOR has the advantage of their cool class stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastila View Post
    SWTOR has become a fucking Armor/Pet/Mount Simulator. The "Endgame" is about getting shiny **BlingBling** Armor + Pets and Mounts.
    That is essentially the endgame of every bimodal 2nd era MMO. The progressive accumulation of stuff.

The Content at Maxlevel is a fucking Joke. I would advice anyone to quit after finishing their Class-Story.
    Some of the OPs are too easy or too basic, I feel. Though the newer OPs are not badly paced.

At launch, I would say TOR's endgame was lacking severely compared to other games on the market that offered the same strata of vertical progression minded design. Namely World of Warcraft, Everquest 2 and Rift.

Though now, after returning to the game since launch, I feel TOR's endgame [w/r/t OPs] is roughly on par with the average in the genre. It's not any worse than Tera or any better than World of Warcraft, for example. Just average.

Average hardly being an "f----ing joke". Natch, subjective qualifiers do not count for much to other players. So this is all rather pointless to discuss. Such as it is.

The ability to add focus points on your mini map and allow tracking to those focus points... More Revan storyline... more events like the raghoul event... Better focus on bug fixes... 16m queing for Group Finder... Less alacrity on all the gear and more main stat instead... Swoop bike racing... Optimize thier servers to reduce server lag... Other than all of the mentioned above I love Swtor and have been playing since beta and will probably continue to play it for years to come.