10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    Just putting the question out there.

When WoD comes out with flying restricted until 6.1 and a tight-knit server community DOESN'T spontaneously form, when nobody talks, when nobody really gives a shit, when it's still just a bunch of people collecting bear asses in silence or else idling at the bank waiting for queues to pop, will you admit that you were wrong?

Will you admit that restricting flying didn't really accomplish a damned thing?
    Seriously, when will people stop making threads like these? It is not the end of the world. Besides, it makes it look like you really, really fear that no flying mounts WILL succeed and become the new norm for expansions. Or perhaps that there will be no flying mounts at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Seriously, when will people stop making threads like these? It is not the end of the world. Besides, it makes it look like you really, really fear that no flying mounts WILL succeed and become the new norm for expansions. Or perhaps that there will be no flying mounts at all.
    In which case Blizzard will never get my money again. Not that big a deal to me to not play a game that refuses to offer what is fun for me. I think it's a stupid decision but if they stick with this design decision in the future I can just find other things to do with my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post

So in not so many word. No you won't admit to being wrong if this happens

Personally I think this is going to go down as a decision like the Cata Heroics and the Mop Dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

Personally I think this is going to go down as a decision like the Cata Heroics and the Mop Dailies.
    I hope it's unpopular enough that they just make a very easy way to get flying in 6.1 without gated questing. I'd settle for that at this point but my current life won't allow me to hardcore raid so skipping an entire patch isn't that big a deal to me....

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    In which case Blizzard will never get my money again. Not that big a deal to me to not play a game that refuses to offer what is fun for me. I think it's a stupid decision but if they stick with this design decision in the future I can just find other things to do with my time.
    Yeah right there with you, I have already started to explore other MMOs that are coming out in the near future (not that I am confident they will be any better then WoW), that being said though I don't need to be playing a MMO, usually when I have quit in the past I have just moved on to console games.

Even if nothing changes with the removal of flying mounts, it will still be a first step in taking the game into a good direction after 2 expansions of fail.

10+ Year Old Account

Both of which were really enjoyable. Just because some Wrath-Kiddies didn't like it doesn't mean those who did have to "admit they're wrong".

Yeah right there with you, I have already started to explore other MMOs that are coming out in the near future (not that I am confident they will be any better then WoW), that being said though I don't need to be playing a MMO, usually when I have quit in the past I have just moved on to console games.
    When I wasn't playing WoW for a year I did a lot of reading. I just can't get into a new game. It's such a huge time investment. If you saw my main WoW character you might see why I'd rather spend my time on things other than games, rather than start completely over in a new game...

Personally I am hoping that it doesn't even make it out of beta

Quote Originally Posted by blackone View Post
    Both of which were really enjoyable. Just because some Wrath-Kiddies didn't like it doesn't mean those who did have to "admit they're wrong".
    I played since vanilla so you can take your little Wrath-Kiddies comment and stick it where the sun don't shine.

As far as admitting you were wrong cause you enjoyed Cata Heroics, and MoP dailies? No one is saying you are wrong for enjoying them. Just the masses pretty much hated them. Just so you know the game is made for the masses not for you.

Cata Heroics although imo to long were fine if you were in a premade group. The problem came when you had to PUG, after a couple 4-5 hour heroic dungeons that was a significant factor as to why I quit during Cata. The masses spoke they didn't like punishing heroics and Blizzard first said suck it up noob and when subs started to plummet they couldn't reverse course fast enough.

As far as MoP dailies personally they didn't really bother me, beyond having dailies locked behind dailies. That being said the masses have spoken and have said they hated it. Blizzard is again reversing course.

I really hope this no flying bites them in the ass and they reverse course faster then the previous two.

Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    Even if nothing changes with the removal of flying mounts, it will still be a first step in taking the game into a good direction after 2 expansions of fail.
    That doesn't make much sense to be honest. Ok so you didn't like MoP (Personally I didn't mind it much), and you didn't like Cata ( I hated that expac so much), but you are saying flying was the problem?

I mean BC had flying at max level once you had the gold and WoTLK had flying at 78? and it really wasn't that expensive.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2013-12-20 at 01:13 PM. Reason: double quote

Yep, Cata heroics were okay with a premade (though not my favorite kind of content, I preferred challenging raids at the time), sucked with a PUG, but Blizz admitted that they just weren't popular with the general playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, Cata heroics were okay with a premade (though not my favorite kind of content, I preferred challenging raids at the time), sucked with a PUG, but Blizz admitted that they just weren't popular with the general playerbase.
    I did Cataclysm heroics with randoms and I liked it most of the time, challenging.

When I wasn't playing WoW for a year I did a lot of reading. I just can't get into a new game. It's such a huge time investment. If you saw my main WoW character you might see why I'd rather spend my time on things other than games, rather than start completely over in a new game...
    Yet you are able to throw that all away because dungeons are not an aoe fest and flying is being held off one patch?

And even so about all this is speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I did Cataclysm heroics with randoms and I liked it most of the time, challenging.
    You either were extremely lucky with your PUGs or it was near the end of the xpac.

Cause 4 hour Grim Batol wasn't terribly uncommon in a PUG before I quit the game.

Deleted
    lazy ppl.. wod is meant to be like vanilla was.. so stop bitching on it

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    They werent that difficult if ppl would just use proper cc and pull correctly. There was years of doing that before wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yet you are able to throw that all away because dungeons are not an aoe fest and flying is being held off one patch?

I don't care about the dungeons not being AOE fest, don't really care either way with dungeons honestly, flying is a deal breaker to me though. There are very few new dungeons, I won't be able to hardcore raid for the next year or two, and I'm not going to spend months doing world content without flying. So what is there for me to do? A couple dungeons, flex raid, and garrisons - nope, not enough.

Vanilla was only okay because the game was new. Looking back a lot of things sucked and I'd never tolerate it now and I imagine many others wouldn't either.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2013-12-20 at 01:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They werent that difficult if ppl would just use proper cc and pull correctly.
    I know, but a lot people were unable to CC or pull correctly, which made it more challenging to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelfpain View Post
    Lol

Just no.

I don't recall her ever saying anything about dungeons. Personally I think the increase of difficulty in heroics from MoP is needed as long as they don't go all the way to Cata level again. Everyone talks about how easy WoTLK heroics were, I have come to the conclusions gamers have short memories. I remember doing those before everyone out geared them and I remember wiping in the Violet Hold and Nexus those dungeons weren't AoE fests till everyone out geared them.

Flying is a big deal and affects how you do everything in game. I am sure Rebecca191 was planning to return come 6.1 (as I was) until she found out that flying is locked behind a epic (rolls eyes) quest chain. More then likely this quest will involve Battle ground wins or some other PVP BS (to really piss me off) and running raids for some RNG BS item.

WotLK heroics were just easier to outgear than Cata ones. I was pretty hardcore back then and my group went in as soon as we hit 80 with our Sunwell epics lol. I remember wiping on the gauntlet before AN first boss that was brutal. It was just easy to get past. Also anyone remember when Blizz had the most deadly mobs on the website and heroic Loken was #1 for weeks?

And yes, I originally planned to return in 6.1 until the gated quest was announced. I would still return later in the expac if they change their minds and make a quicker way for new 100s to get flying.