Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes, almost as childish as petulantly spam-creating threads that are based around removing a feature a lot of people like and enjoy, just because those people lack the self-control to just 'not use it', until Blizzard actually considers the stupid notion of disabling flying.

Or wait, it's not even half as childish as that.
    I'm not entirely sure this change is being made because of some vocal outcry to remove flying as you are suggesting. If anything, the vocal crowd is against it "petulantly spam-creating threads" about it.

The only point I was making is that being spiteful and refusing to enter Draenor isn't really gonna "stick it" to anyone but yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I'm not entirely sure this change is being made because of some vocal outcry to remove flying as you are suggesting. If anything, the vocal crowd is against it "petulantly spam-creating threads" about it.

The only point I was making is that being spiteful and refusing to enter Draenor isn't really gonna "stick it" to anyone but yourself.

The same way a year of vocal minority whining about how the heroics became too easy during WoTLK didn't influence their decision to make heroics harder in the expansion following WotLK?

And I hope people show their disdain. Maybe Blizzard will learn from it. We'll see what happens. In fact, I hope they disable flying. Either it goes fine and people live with it, or it goes awry and creates a huge backlash. I'm hoping for the latter, so we can put these anti-flying threads to rest forever after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    please summon me i dont have flight path
    please summon me im to lazy to walk
    please summon me
    summon
    random dude with common sense: warlocks arent here yet
    please summon
    another dude with even more common sense:we dont have any warlocks
    group disband

healthy game ... ye right
    Yep, right....
    A group that consists of people with such a lack of attention and lazy mindset likely fails at more serious tasks anyway. So yeah it is healthier...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Maybe, maybe not.

I won't purchase WoD until flying is back in the game. And I am not certain as to whether I will stay subscribed during that period.

If enough people do it, Blizzard may get the message.

Then again, it could very end up looking like this:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Yep, right....
    A group that consists of people with such a lack of attention and lazy mindset likely fails at more serious tasks anyway. So yeah it is healthier...
    You do know what he wrote happened alot back in vanilla. I think it was something like 8 in 10 of the grps that you got 1 or more spamming party chat with need a summon.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    If flying is restrict, I won't play, thank you
    I really needed motivation to leave wow for real
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    I won't purchase WoD until flying is back in the game. And I am not certain as to whether I will stay subscribed during that period.
    etc etc etc...

And thus my case is made for why expansion after expansion of appeasement to players who don't have investment in the title is ultimately a complete waste of dev cycles, as they'll simply drop sub the minute they see a single element they disagree with, and no level of convenience is ever enough for them

If no-flying causes a 2 million player purge, it'd be the best thing to ever happen to the game in the long run.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    When WoD comes out with flying restricted until 6.1 and a tight-knit server community DOESN'T spontaneously form, when nobody talks, when nobody really gives a shit, when it's still just a bunch of people collecting bear asses in silence or else idling at the bank waiting for queues to pop, will you admit that you were wrong?

Will you admit that restricting flying didn't really accomplish a damned thing?
    Methinks you miss the point. The point being that flying restrictions are intended to make the gameplay more immersive and therefore more fun.

From personal experience I have found that during the initial phase of an expansion being "forced" to stay on the ground does indeed make the experience a whole lot more fun. Once you have explored the content though, and the sense of newness with the zone wears off, travelling on land becomes tedious and eventually downrate frustrating.

Exactly how long this honeymoon period of flying restrictions remains fun is dependent I guess on the individual involved and the content.

The real question is: Are they going to be witholding flying for too long? And honestly, I reckon anyone who has already decided one way or another is a fool. There is no way at this stage to have any clue how long is optimal for these restrictions. So I intend to play the game and take it as it comes. And while I realise there is a possibility that I will indeed be annoyed by having to stay grounded for as long as I will, I have no reason to expect that to be the case.

Maybe, maybe not.

Then again, it could very end up looking like this:
    What are we, 12?

Boycotts? Strikes? What ya gonna do roll level 1s and protest? Seriously. They aren't going to change their stance on it. Just like they aren't with mythic. You aren't going to quit. The people QQing about mythic aren't going to either. It's business as usual. You WILL end up purchasing the expansion. You will purchase it at launch. Saying otherwise is silly.

I always laugh at these posts. Please provide screenies of you cancelling your sub. Or your account page AFTER WoD launches.

Why don't they just add an option for all those people who don't want to use their flying mount, let them tick a box. Those that chose to use their flying mount can.

Doubt all the people in here that thinks flying spoils the game would even contemplate turning off flying anyway.

Why do we keep doing this? With all the "this is going to happen" or "that's going to happen" threads.
    Why can't we just wait and see what actually happens as it happens?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    etc etc etc...

And thus my case is made for why expansion after expansion of appeasement to players who don't have investment in the title is ultimately a complete waste of dev cycles, as they'll simply drop sub the minute they see a single element they disagree with, and no level of convenience is ever enough for them

If no-flying causes a 2 million player purge, it'd be the best thing to ever happen to the game in the long run.
    We need a Like button ASAP.

I think I love you.

Maybe, maybe not.

Well, I suppose that a month or so after they realize that a lot of people are actually NOT buying WoD because of the lack of flying, they'll delete the questline they created, make flying available for purchase at 100, and then you and the others can return and level to 100 just in time for 6.1 to come out!

Boycotting will work, and I support your right to do so. More power to you, friend.

please summon me i dont have flight path
    please summon me im to lazy to walk
    please summon me
    summon
    random dude with common sense: warlocks arent here yet
    please summon
    another dude with even more common sense:we dont have any warlocks
    group disband

healthy game ... ye right
    Yeah becouse that never happens with flying mounts, a guy that is to lazy to get to a place and ask for a summon, guess what, he will still be to lazy even if he can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    Why do we keep doing this? With all the "this is going to happen" or "that's going to happen" threads.
    Why can't we just wait and see what actually happens as it happens?
    25 man raids in Cataclysm would like a word with you...

please summon me i'm too lazy
    yea just replace all fp's with portals

As long as the experience to gain D flying involves The Skyguard in some form or fashion, I'm okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes, almost as childish as petulantly spam-creating threads that are based around removing a feature a lot of people like and enjoy, just because those people lack the self-control to just 'not use it', until Blizzard actually considers the stupid notion of disabling flying.

Or wait, it's not even half as childish as that.
    Apparently you were unaware that, versus flying, ground mounts are at a severe disadvantage. Now you are aware and can therefore cease with the "don't like it, don't use it" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah becouse that never happens with flying mounts, a guy that is to lazy to get to a place and ask for a summon, guess what, he will still be to lazy even if he can fly.
    Dude, back in vanilla the warlocks wanted to summon people so the dungeon could start faster. Nobody wanted to stand in Scarlet Monadtery for 15 minutes while one party member runs from Stormwind...

Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    As long as the experience to gain D flying involves The Skyguard in some form or fashion, I'm okay with it.
    nice idea id be infavor of that

Well, I suppose that a month or so after they realize that a lot of people are actually NOT buying WoD because of the lack of flying, they'll delete the questline they created, make flying available for purchase at 100, and then you and the others can return and level to 100 just in time for 6.1 to come out!

Boycotting will work, and I support your right to do so. More power to you, friend.
    Not sure if srs.