Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
59
109
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Nice way of "asking" a "question", aka forcing your opinion as fact.

    I can do that too:
    When WoD launched, and you see many people out there on your travels, you form more groups to counter elites blocking your paths, you spend time exploring and finding routes, when you can't just go derp-mode fly to objective and gtfo asap, when the game actually will feel more immersive... Will you admit you are completely wrong, along with your brethren, who obviously are completely wrong?

    I give you 2 choices:
    - Yes
    - No I'm too ignorant
    Does that happen on Timeless Isle? Certainly doesn't on my server. You want to see what WoD is going to be like, go spend a couple of hours on TI, if you aren't suicidal by that point fair play to you

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    Does that happen on Timeless Isle? Certainly doesn't on my server. You want to see what WoD is going to be like, go spend a couple of hours on TI, if you aren't suicidal by that point fair play to you
    Seeing other characters in the world and people talking in /1? How horrible!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    Does that happen on Timeless Isle? Certainly doesn't on my server. You want to see what WoD is going to be like, go spend a couple of hours on TI, if you aren't suicidal by that point fair play to you
    There's actually communication yes. But please keep the following in mind:
    - TI is 1/3th of a zone for the entire bloody realm + connected ones
    - Most mobs are easy solo-able or else faction-tagged
    - There's alot of chat in /1, although most is for making celestial/ordos groups/raretimer

    I think the new zones will be a way better experience than TI.

  4. #164
    Mechagnome Xzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brno, Czech republic
    Posts
    598
    Well, not all that much will change actually... You'll get to see the world in the right perspective and enjoy the detail. But with LFD and LFR people are still gonna hang out in major cities and not travel all that much.
    There will be the occasional questing folk and farmers (which quickly will be replaced by invisible botters), but we probably won't get to gank people in front of instance entrances again. Or wipe people that are trying to do some nasty group quest (seriously, give us back group quests).

    With current mechanics in place I expect little improvement in liveliness of the "open world" regardless of mounts. Although admittedly it is way easier to catch and gank people on ground mounts, we need some objectives to be done outside of instances.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    Well, not all that much will change actually... You'll get to see the world in the right perspective and enjoy the detail. But with LFD and LFR people are still gonna hang out in major cities and not travel all that much.
    There will be the occasional questing folk and farmers (which quickly will be replaced by invisible botters), but we probably won't get to gank people in front of instance entrances again. Or wipe people that are trying to do some nasty group quest (seriously, give us back group quests).

    With current mechanics in place I expect little improvement in liveliness of the "open world" regardless of mounts. Although admittedly it is way easier to catch and gank people on ground mounts, we need some objectives to be done outside of instances.
    They addressed they are making zone-content more viable for endgame too, like better rewards(or a chance for). It's Blizzard, I'm sure they'll find something. They've gotten alot of feedback about end-game content and world-zones.

  6. #166
    Mechagnome Xzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brno, Czech republic
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    They addressed they are making zone-content more viable for endgame too, like better rewards(or a chance for). It's Blizzard, I'm sure they'll find something. They've gotten alot of feedback about end-game content and world-zones.
    I'll be glad if it is something reasonable. I'll remain skeptical (as usual) until I see it working with my own eyes though

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    I'll be glad if it is something reasonable. I'll remain skeptical (as usual) until I see it working with my own eyes though
    And you should be .

  8. #168
    If they give everyone the flight path to said dungeon/raid, then I don't see a reason why someone would ask for a summon. As a Warlock main, I refuse to summon people on the same continent I'm on (AKA Celestials when someone is chillin' in Shrine, or, better yet, when Sha of Anger was still cool and people wanted summons from SHRINE!)

    Either way, here's to hoping it's a great expansion.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Seeing other characters in the world and people talking in /1? How horrible!
    Seeing other people killing the mobs I want and spamming "raretime huolon" in /1 is all such engaging content

  10. #170
    Server community doesnt form because there are no "servers" any more. It's all cross server now. You still won't need others to do instances when you got LFG and you won't need to have a good reputation because you mostly just play with others from server x that you will most likely never see again.. and if all goes bad, just change your name or transfer.

    To bring back community, they would also have to remove LFG and LFR, disable all that cross-server stuff, remove name change and transfer characters and probably more.

    No flying is still a nice touch to make the world a slightly more dangerous place and hopefully revitalize world PvP a little. Still it won't bring back a tight-knit server community. I don't even see why it should.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    Seeing other people killing the mobs I want
    Didn't they fix this way back in Wrath with dynamic spawn rates?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    and spamming "raretime huolon" in /1
    Or "LFM this" or "LFM that". Fuck group content right? Let's just make this a single player game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Didn't they fix this way back in Wrath with dynamic spawn rates?



    Or "LFM this" or "LFM that". Fuck group content right? Let's just make this a single player game.
    Oddly you almost never see LFM anything on my main server, maybe for an hour on Wednesdays you'll get people LFM Celestials but the rest of the week it's just raretime spam.

    I know it isn't good for the game but I'd like WoW to be a single player game with multiplayer instances, it's why I roll lots of my alts on servers with populations approaching 0, I get the world to myself but can still group up for LFD/LFR

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    Oddly you almost never see LFM anything on my main server, maybe for an hour on Wednesdays you'll get people LFM Celestials but the rest of the week it's just raretime spam.

    I know it isn't good for the game but I'd like WoW to be a single player game with multiplayer instances, it's why I roll lots of my alts on servers with populations approaching 0, I get the world to myself but can still group up for LFD/LFR
    So you make toons on the lowest pop servers in existence yet you complain that nobody ever wants to group for world stuff? Sorry, but you're in the extreme minority and these changes weren't made with people like you in mind. Maybe you should find another game to play if you're so against the MMO philosophy of a shared world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    So you make toons on the lowest pop servers in existence yet you complain that nobody ever wants to group for world stuff? Sorry, but you're in the extreme minority and these changes weren't made with people like you in mind. Maybe you should find another game to play if you're so against the MMO philosophy of a shared world.
    If you read my post carefully you'll see I say there is no LFM on my MAIN server, which is a high population one and that I roll my ALTS on low population servers. I also didn't complain about the lack of groups, I simply pointed it out as being the case. Lack of flying does not create more interaction, TI, at least on my MAIN server proves that

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    If you read my post carefully you'll see I say there is no LFM on my MAIN server, which is a high population one and that I roll my ALTS on low population servers. I also didn't complain about the lack of groups, I simply pointed it out as being the case. Lack of flying does not create more interaction, TI, at least on my MAIN server proves that
    Doesn't change the fact that you think wow should be a single player game for some reason. Like I said maybe you should find something else to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that you think wow should be a single player game for some reason. Like I said maybe you should find something else to play.
    So because there is one aspect of the game I would like to change but know never will I should play something different?

    Does that also apply to everyone who wants LFR removed? or want Flying totally removed? No one other than a totally rabid fanboy is ever going to be happy with 100% of the things about a game. You take it as it is, enjoy the parts you enjoy and ignore the parts you don't. Or when the parts you don't outweigh the parts you do, you quit.

    My feelings about wow being single player or not are irrelevant to the discussion at hand, my point, that you so elegantly ignored, is that the removal of flying mounts does not in fact create player interaction, indeed the only affect it has is to make navigating the world take longer

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    And yet those important game design aspects do not mean anything at all 2 months later in 6.1 for absolutely no reason what so ever.
    But there are reasons, you just seem too upset to notice them. They want us to experience the world and the "harsh environments of draenor" as they intended questing and exploration to do. Sadly everything gets old after a while. The devs believe that after two months (or whenever first patch releases) this point has been reached. Imagine it: Enjoying Draenor from the ground in awe because of the scale of the place. Then flying releases and everyone is exited to fly once more. Quite a beautiful solution IMO.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    So because there is one aspect of the game I would like to change but know never will I should play something different?

    Does that also apply to everyone who wants LFR removed? or want Flying totally removed? No one other than a totally rabid fanboy is ever going to be happy with 100% of the things about a game. You take it as it is, enjoy the parts you enjoy and ignore the parts you don't. Or when the parts you don't outweigh the parts you do, you quit.

    My feelings about wow being single player or not are irrelevant to the discussion at hand, my point, that you so elegantly ignored, is that the removal of flying mounts does not in fact create player interaction, indeed the only affect it has is to make navigating the world take longer
    The fact that you want the #1 defining characteristic of wow removed means you should probably find a different game to play. If you don't like multiplayer games, don't play an MMO, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Hey guys for 6.0 we are going to have to control the way you interact with the game to give you a better gaming experience. 2 months later of course we don't care how you interact with your environment so you can have flying back. I know, I know it sounds like an arbitrary punishment for buying and playing the game at launch but the reason we are doing this is to arbitrarily punish you for buying and playing the game at launch even though EQII and wildstar will be out at the same time.
    Yeah, they're 'punishing' you. Don't buy the game, then. Go buy EQN (not II) or Wildstar.

    They won't have flying, either.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    The fact that you want the #1 defining characteristic of wow removed means you should probably find a different game to play. If you don't like multiplayer games, don't play an MMO, period.
    Where did I ever say I don't like multiplayer games? I like raids and dungeons are probably my favourite part of the game. Just because I don't want to see random people out in the world because they are a hindrance doesn't mean I don't like multiplayer games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •