10 47.62%
  • No!

8 38.10%

Thread: Arcane Volley

Arcane Volley

I was thinking about a new arcane spell:

Arcane Volley
    1m cooldown, channeled 1-4sec

Launches bolts of Arcane energy at the enemy target, causing X arcane damage. Consumes all charges.

Arcane Volley damage is increased by 50% per Arcane Charge, hits one additional target per Arcane Charge, and launches an additional bolt per Arcane Charge.

It would be like a channeled Arcane Barrage. Maybe it could replace Arcane Orb on Falling Stars talent, making Arcane Orb a core spell for arcane.

So before people go all zerg mode and stuff.. remember to keep the comments contructive and friendly, explain what you don't and do like, etc..

Felt like this will be needed

Is this meant to replace Arcane Barrage? It just sounds like the same spell, but you can't use it while moving and with a cooldown...
    Not really very exciting if that's the case. Pressing a button that clears your stacks once per minute is not compelling gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    I was thinking about a new arcane spell:

Arcane Volley
    1m cooldown, channeled 1-4sec

Launches bolts of Arcane energy at the enemy target, causing X arcane damage. Consumes all charges.

Arcane Volley damage is increased by 50% per Arcane Charge, hits one additional target per Arcane Charge, and launches an additional bolt per Arcane Charge.

It would be like a channeled Arcane Barrage. Maybe it could replace Arcane Orb on Falling Stars talent, making Arcane Orb a core spell for arcane.
    The idea isn't bad at all and if Arcane Orb became baseline for Arcane it would be a good replacement.
    Channelling multiple Arcane Barrages at the enemy? Yes, please.
    Maybe it could be a sort of "Arcane Empowerment" ability that transforms your next Arcane Barrage into Arcane Volley and maybe empower other abilities (like Arcane Explosion, etc).

P.S.

Should we make a thread where people can post their spell and glyph (both major and minor) ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Is this meant to replace Arcane Barrage? It just sounds like the same spell, but you can't use it while moving and with a cooldown...
    Not really very exciting if that's the case. Pressing a button that clears your stacks once per minute is not compelling gameplay.
    My idea for Arcane Volley is to be a different spell, not a replacement for Arcane Barrage. Some kind of short cooldown, like Meteor, Comet Storm or Focusing Crystal. It would be the same graphic of Arcane Barrage, and it could be used with Ice Floes ofc.

Arcane Orb feels too necessary for arcane to be a talent, i feel that it should be a core spell. So Arcane Volley could take its place.

I wouldn't be averse to Arcane Orb becoming baseline but I don't think I would be very satisfied at my talented cooldown being "a spell you already have, multiple times in one cast"

Deleted
    This spell sounds cool i admit. However it will be way OP in the multitarget scenarios. Dont have general idea what would be beter but overall i think it is way too OP. Its the good 'ol arcane missles a la Arcane barage in its concept.
    On the point Arcane orb to be baseline... well... i personaly am not a fan of the orb concept, because its a dps cooldown witch give u tremendoues burst every time its offcooldown. Also missused it will hurt your dps alot again and even if used there are scenarios (i have seen then and expirienced them) where tank (or you for that matter) is forced to move and with him the target at wich you throwed your orb so its aggain dps loss.

My veiw of mage toolkit should be solely a single target cast nukes with buffs in cooldown etc. No orbs, no dots, not charged spells like that arcane crystal.
    Stable pure single target annihilator :P

give us archon as a cooldown
    make this replace arcane barrage