Poll: Would you like these changes made to Arcane Orb

Suggestion: Arcane Orb 2.0 DBZ Deathball from above!!

Why do we need another Traveling Orb Spell? If we have to get Arcane Orb how about we "Freeza" up the idea a bit. Take this image of Arcweaver Jor'guva from the Thundering Isle Dailies and combine it with the suspense and Power of the Images next to it. Pure Win.

Visual Image

+

Visual Idea

See how the Orb Hovers just above his head While casting. now imagine holding down the cast button and having the Orb grow larger and more powerful until your ready to release it. For an Added Surprise (Just to show Arcane Mages are just as smart as they are deadly the Orb would not be hurled from the caster but teleported upon release immediately over the target and dropped like a real Bomb leaving a glowing crater and massive AoE Damage without drifting away from your Original target.

Full Spell Description

Falling Stars -
    Arcane - Arcane Orb
    Channeled Cast User Must have a Target

Arcane Energy is channeled into a sphere of pure Power for as long as the spell is being cast. The longer you channel the spell the larger and more powerful the Orb becomes up to a duration of 4 seconds; every 2 seconds will add 1 Arcane Charge. Orb will settle in power after 4 seconds. Upon release the Orb will teleport directly above the Target and Crash Down dealing massive damage to the Targets, Slowing all enemeies hit by for 2 Seconds as well as splash Damage to any enemies within 8 yards. If target dies before cast is completed the next target selected will instantly drop the bomb on their location. (You can target yourself)

Summation
    For periods where you must hold off your attack you can charge this while you wait similar to the rogue's "Marked for Death" talent that instantly adds 5 combo points on a target and then launch a Crimson Tempest. The Charge up time gives it the feeling you are "Charging My Attack" just like we have seen Ultraxion, Fend the Accursed and Arcweaver Jor'guva use this beautiful Arcane Orb Effect its about time we adopted it. Its the same spell with more flare and a dynamic mechanic that give the Mage more tactical control over where and when the spell will hit. Lets give Mages a REAL Bomb to Drop.

Tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-11-15 at 07:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I spell reflect this?

Only if you can spell Reflect Meteor or Frost Comet I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I like the idea of a semi-indefinite channel. Pressing buttons faster is more fun than pressing a button once and waiting. Might seem fun now because it's novel, but after a while I think it'd get old. I would like to have better visual effects on spells, but when you consider the fact that there are up to 25 people in a raid it gets tough to justify adding to the spell effects we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    I'm not sure I like the idea of a semi-indefinite channel. Pressing buttons faster is more fun than pressing a button once and waiting. Might seem fun now because it's novel, but after a while I think it'd get old. I would like to have better visual effects on spells, but when you consider the fact that there are up to 25 people in a raid it gets tough to justify adding to the spell effects we already have.
    They have the tech (and have even spoken about this) where they get the Low poly/texture/particle effect. you get the full blown awesome sauce effect.