Thread: What if...

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

What if...

What if Blizzard were to make a new server type that is focused on World PvP and has no raids or High end PvE gear or flying. I personally do not care about world PvP nor do I find any fun in it but the sooner it can stop ruining the rest of the game the better. Keep it contained on one server type.

Edit: Because reading is apparently hard for PvP players to do I am going to add this. I do not currently play on a PvP server I never said I am so while you are right I did at one point none of this is coming from that. I was on a PvP server during Cata but it was never a problem because raid gear is/was superior in the open world as it should be. The only reason I ever ended up on a PvP server was my Guild transferred there and rather than look for a new guild on a dying server I stuck with the people I liked and had been raiding with for a few years. Now when said guild dies all your characters that are there are stuck on a server you might not want to be on. As for the usual PvP player response "Play on a PvE server" sure you got the money to transfer all those characters to a PvE server because I sure as hell don't. As for ruining the game they really need to restrict PvP game changes to PvP situations only WoW is and was made as a PvE game as much as you like PvP. Why do you think they care more about raiders than you?
    Last edited by Stolensouls; 2013-11-15 at 08:47 PM. Reason: PvP players are herp a derp

Deleted
    Give me your b-tag pls so I can camp you the whole xpac.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you understand the point of ganking for most gankers.
    It's not about honourable fantasy-bushido matches of two guys that meet in the world (of Warcraft) somewhere. It's about ruining the game for others. It's about ganking those PvE dudes that are interested in "just getting those dailies done" or "just entering that raid instance" or "just farming those mats for raid". There's no enjoyment from ganking without tears.
    So this idea of separating gankers from the rest of the playerbase is utopistic.

- - - Updated - - -

To this day I have to suppress occasional tear of joy from ganking alliance raids back in Wrath. You remember when you wiped in Naxx, you'd get ressed down below the raid instance near the statue that looked like Uther (? I don't know who's statue it was, not that it matters anyway...).
    So, I'd sit on top of the statue and wait for raids to wipe... You wouldn't believe how much hilarity was had when people started mass-respawning and by the time their loading screens were gone, they all got AoEd by little ol' me and my trusty Seed of Corruption...
    Last edited by Xzan; 2013-11-15 at 11:46 AM. Reason: typos...

Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    What if Blizzard were to make a new server type that is focused on World PvP and has no raids or High end PvE gear or flying. I personally do not care about world PvP nor do I find any fun in it but the sooner it can stop ruining the rest of the game the better. Keep it contained on one server type.
    No one would play it. It would be interesting for like a week but then people would realize it's really not enough content. Not even the gankers would play on it, because it's not fun trying to gank other gankers and getting your ass kicked because that other guy is not a noob with shit gear or a backpeddling slayer of dragons.

Err...ganking is when you kill low level players who cant fight back. When you corpse camp the same player over and over without him being able to heal up. Basically whenever you're in a such an advantage that the enemy cant do crap and you kill him more than once or twice (Once for me, twice for meaner people :P)

Or what Xzan did at Naxx.
    And all similar things. People are just mean/evil, however you want.
    Dont be angry, if anything, be sorry for them.

Ganking is NOT killing red enemy on sight if you're both 90.
    Last edited by Grishnaar; 2013-11-15 at 11:37 AM. Reason: wrong name, oops

They had an even better idea: they put raiding and world pvp on certain servers and called them PVP servers.

It would be an empty server.

I assume you were ganked/repeatedly killed and are now angry about it. The problem is that people who gank and repeatedly kill lesser opponents are weak and cowardly themselves, so they don't "gank" anyone if they don't have a near 100% chance of victory. Putting all the people with such a mindset on one server would do nothing because these people don't enjoy WPVP, then enjoy bullying people that can't fight back.

Just roll on a PVE server. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    It's about ruining the game for others.
    This sort of thing should get these people ejected out of life. Society suffers from them. Only positives should exist....eliminate all negatives.

It's not about honourable fantasy-bushido matches of two guys that meet in the world (of Warcraft) somewhere. It's about ruining the game for others. It's about ganking those PvE dudes that are interested in "just getting those dailies done" or "just entering that raid instance" or "just farming those mats for raid". There's no enjoyment from ganking without tears.
    So this idea of separating gankers from the rest of the playerbase is utopistic.

- - - Updated - - -

To this day I have to suppress occasional tear of joy from ganking alliance raids back in Wrath. You remember when you wiped in Naxx, you'd get ressed down below the raid instance near the statue that looked like Uther (? I don't know who's statue it was, not that it matters anyway...).
    So, I'd sit on top of the statue and wait for raids to wipe... You wouldn't believe how much hilarity was had when people started mass-respawning and by the time their loading screens were gone, they all got AoEd by little ol' me and my trusty Seed of Corruption...
    I assume you prefer this because you won;t stand a chance against a player with full health and all and no loading screen?
    What is wrong? You're afraid you'll learn that your skills doesn't match up or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ganking is generally synonymous with cowardly. This place would be a ghost town because they wouldn't have easy marks to "gank".
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't aware you were friendly enough with every ganker in the world to know their reasons for ganking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I assume you prefer this because you won;t stand a chance against a player with full health and all and no loading screen?
    What is wrong? You're afraid you'll learn that your skills doesn't match up or what?
    I assume you are talking out of your ass

Deleted
    then why aren't you on a PvE server? there is a very clear solution to your problems, now leave us who want fun on a PvP server alone

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    It would be an empty server.

I assume you were ganked/repeatedly killed and are now angry about it. The problem is that people who gank and repeatedly kill lesser opponents are weak and cowardly themselves, so they don't "gank" anyone if they don't have a near 100% chance of victory. Putting all the people with such a mindset on one server would do nothing because these people don't enjoy WPVP, then enjoy bullying people that can't fight back.
    I wasn't aware you were the psychologist for every ganker in the world. Thanks for letting me in on their emotional state that leads them to gank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    This sort of thing should get these people ejected out of life. Society suffers from them. Only positives should exist....eliminate all negatives.
    Positive and negative are subjective.

Make it even better in my opinion, make it a perma-death server.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    Err...ganking is when you kill low level players who cant fight back. When you corpse camp the same player over and over without him being able to heal up. Basically whenever you're in a such an advantage that the enemy cant do crap and you kill him more than once or twice (Once for me, twice for meaner people :P)

Or what Xzan did at Naxx.
    And all similar things. People are just mean/evil, however you want.
    Dont be angry, if anything, be sorry for them.

Ganking is NOT killing red enemy on sight if you're both 90.
    Ambushes fall under the term "ganking", so yes if your both 90 it is still ganking.

Clearly you are the incarnation of evil if you find enjoyment out of killing pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    The problem is that people who gank and repeatedly kill lesser opponents are weak and cowardly themselves, so they don't "gank" anyone if they don't have a near 100% chance of victory. Putting all the people with such a mindset on one server would do nothing because these people don't enjoy WPVP, then enjoy bullying people that can't fight back.
    Truer words have not been written in this forum.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    what every one in this whole thing fails to realise....it isnt ganking is the problem its the fucking trash that is CRZ that was added.....aka LFD for the world.....why be nice youll never see that person agian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    Truer words have not been written in this forum.
    If by true you mean completely ignorant then yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    what every one in this whole thing fails to realise....it isnt ganking is the problem its the fucking trash that is CRZ that was added.....aka LFD for the world.....why be nice youll never see that person agian
    Ganking existed befor CRZ and LFD

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Ganking existed befor CRZ and LFD
    yea but not in the calliber and assholeish manner it is now.....ive sat in hellfire n watched one cocksucker sit there for 14...FOURTEEN FUCKING HOURS how sad do you have to be to kill 58-62s for 14 hrs? youd think after like 20 min of not seeing any one youd prolly fuck off.....but i assume most of these pleebs are aweful at every hting and this is their last grasp for enjoyment
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.