Poll: Did you love or hate MoP, do you expect to love or hate WoD

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Polarizing views on MoP and WoD, do they correspond or not?

MoP was rather polarizing, many people hated it and many people loved it
    WoD also appears to be polarizing

I want to know:

what proportion of people who despise MoP expect to love WoD.
    what proportion of people who despise MoP expect to also despise WoD.
    what proportion of people who love MoP expect to also love WoD.
    what proportion of people who love MoP expect to despise WoD.

if your opinions of either of these expansions are lukewarm, well this poll is not for the apathetic.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-11-14 at 05:13 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I didn't love any expansion but I liked all of them

So I expect to like WoD to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I didn't love any expansion but I liked all of them

So I expect to like WoD to.
    that's close enough for a love/love vote in my estimation!

The no daily thing sucks for WoD too be honest .

Deleted
    Kinda hard for me to answer. I liked some things of mop, hated others.

I didn't love MoP, but I really liked it a lot...I belive I loved only one expansion. Pre-DS Cataclysm and very possibly WotLK.... I belive i will either love or srsly dig Warlords of Draenor....I can't fucking wait to get my hands on it. I didn't have this feeling about Pandaria.

I loved BC for all the improvements it made over Vanilla. I liked WotLK for the immersion into the story of the frozen throne and the scourge (best story expansion by far). I was extremely indifferent about Cataclysm -- especially since dragons already had a huge spotlight in Wrath. MoP was just not up my alley -- the story felt "all over the place" concerning Panda-land and eventually ending up in Orc-town. Being much of the eastern culture/art just felt too far removed from Azeroth.

I'm not sure about returning to "outland", but I'm certainly not interested in this time travel/alternate universe plot. It would have been nice if WoW continued with a linear storyline that possibly involved the war between the Titans and the Old Gods (I felt like the Old Gods were getting very close, but not now with the return to Outland).

edit: I'm also disappointed that Kalimdor hasn't been a central spotlight yet for the Alliance. The Night Elves and Draenei are tucked away in their lonely corners, with much of Kalimdor centrally being Horde-controlled.
    Last edited by Gangplank; 2013-11-14 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i certainly recognize that this poll over simplifies the issue

i would expect in reality the majority of players have mixed opinions about any expansion.

for example i loved how alt-friendly cata was even if i found its linear zone progression and disjointed zones frustrating
    and i found MoP to be frustratingly alt-unfriendly even though i loved the new class and race that were added (my main is now a Pandaren Brewmaster)

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved MoP, but I expect I will hate WoD.

But hate is such a strong word. More like, I'll stomp around Draenor, constantly aware that back in the normal timeline nothing is advancing, and that all the people I meet in Draenor don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Yay filler!

10+ Year Old Account
    "Love" is such a strong word. I didn't particularly despise MoP but it still was the first expansion where I quit the game for a couple of weeks. There were too many things that keep me from saying MoP was great. It still is the worst expansion in my opinion.

I expect a lot from WoD. It has so much potential to be the best expansion to date with 20man Raids and the Item Squish.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to answer just yet.

I didn't like MoP at all.

There are some things I like about WoD, new models and possibly Garrisons. However, there are a bunch of things I dislike too like story and the no flying till an imaginary patch date is reached.

It's just to early for me to tell if it's worth my money or not. $40 plus $15 a month is not really cheap but it's not what I would call expansive either.

If I had to buy the expansion now - I would say - Hell no.

Maybe that changes in 6 - 8 months when we finally get a launch date and I can see it's worth.
    Last edited by quras; 2013-11-14 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthoric View Post
    But hate is such a strong word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post
    "Love" is such a strong word.
    your respective point are perfectly fair,

i chose 'strong' words because i am most interested in seeing how polarized thinkers think, but ultimately i think you can tone done the emotional assumption of the poll to 'i generally liked' or 'i generally did not like'

Hate is too strong a word for MOP. I disliked the setting and environment of Pandaria, but I loved the actual expansion content and the story themes. I don't really think you can polarize an expansion as hate/love just based on the fact that there are so many factors that go into what someone enjoys. Like/dislike are probably more appropriate, since I really doubt anyone who actually plays WoW HATES it. That doesn't make sense, why would they play an xpac they hate? Disagree/disillusioned/dislike etc are all far better and more accurate descriptors.

love and hate... I can't take this seriously at all...

I liked Mop (it was ok) and am looking forward to WoD.

Only loved Wotlk. Only hated Cata.

Deleted
    Haters will hate...

A lot of ppl are angry they did not get their Burning Crusade or Deep Whatever expansions - so the number of "haters" is higher, but even so we can clearly see people are hugely loving WoD.

Also a lot of people are saying "omg, no new races OR classes" which, honestly, is just not true as far as races go - we get ALL old races updated to look good for year 2014, and that is indisputably more worth than just getting ONE new race while letting the old ones look so bad...

Love and hate are very strong words. But MoP was easily my least favorite expansion, especially as a Horde player. For an expansion talked up to be focused on the faction war, I expected to be doing a lot of fighting against the Alliance, not fighting alongside them against my leader who I happened to like. I think WoD looks far superior, but I am trying to reserve judgement, since so far every expansion has been less enjoyable to me than the previous one, with the possible exception of BC to WotLK. Based on initial impressions so far, I would say:

BC/WotLK > WoD/Cataclysm > MoP (started too late in Vanilla to have a valid opinion on it.)

Too early to decide.

I'm reserving judgement till it's at least in beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    love and hate... I can't take this seriously at all...

I liked Mop (it was ok) and am looking forward to WoD.

Only loved Wotlk. Only hated Cata.
    it's fair that you did not either love or hate MoP, but it also true and a fact that there are players who do indeed Love or Hate MoP, and it is at those people whom I am directing this poll.

Deleted
    Love and Love