Resto - Trinket question (10 man)

Hi guys, I know this subject has been discussed previously but I was looking for information regarding purely 10 man raiding as all the info I've managed to find relates to 25 man raiding.

Which Trinkets are best for a resto Shaman in a 10 man environment?

As far as I'm aware 'Prismatic Prison of Pride' is BiS but what follows that?

On Wednesday I managed to get my hands on both 'Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia' and 'Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth' (Both 553). We've not managed to kill Siegecrafter yet so I have no access to 'Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity' (which I believe is BiS next to 'Prismatic Prison of Pride'?)

Is 'Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth' good for 10 man? Or is the proc lacklustre outside of 25 man? Is 'Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia' noticeably better for 10 man? Should I not bother upgrading either and just wait for a 'Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity'?

Thanks in advance and sorry for asking a question that has been asked previously.

Deleted
    If you dont have access to Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity, go for horridons trinket. Even the lfr version gives pretty crazy regen. If you're fine on regen I like the cleave trinket, usually puts out 3-4% of total heals which isn't too bad.

I have already got the trinket from Horridon (522 2/2) but as I have zero regen issues (running with 11k spirit) I thought it would be worth changing to one of my new ones. 'Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia' was showing as 5%+ of my total healing on the one fight I tried it on (I guess I need to test it a bit more to get better info) which I thought was pretty good TBH. I just wanted to get some clearer advise from a purely 10 man perspective as all the guides/info I've seen seems to be based on 25 man raiding. I know I'm loosing some static INT dropping Horridons but as the mana regen is pretty much wasted I thought it was worth dropping out.

Deleted
    IMO Pride/Nazgrim is BIS in 10 men.
    Thok is really good if your raid stacks a lot. Depends on the playstyle of the raid, really.

Rule of thumb: Healing throughput of nazgrim or thok should be >= 3.5% for them to be better then pride. (napkin maths)

You should definitly be swapping to the 2 new trinkets instead of horridon. I don't think Siegecrafter trinket is that good because you shouldn't have mana issues whatsover either because of spirit or, which i prefer because of a high critchance (Crit is #1 throughput stat, better than int according to my RSS)

Quote Originally Posted by schabs View Post
    IMO Pride/Nazgrim is BIS in 10 men.
    Thok is really good if your raid stacks a lot. Depends on the playstyle of the raid, really.

Rule of thumb: Healing throughput of nazgrim or thok should be >= 3.5% for them to be better then pride. (napkin maths)

You should definitly be swapping to the 2 new trinkets instead of horridon. I don't think Siegecrafter trinket is that good because you shouldn't have mana issues whatsover either because of spirit or, which i prefer because of a high critchance (Crit is #1 throughput stat, better than int according to my RSS)
    My other trinket is Pride (540 2/2) which I'm pretty sure is still my first choice (until a 553 one finally drops) so I'll go with that and nazgrim based on your recommendation (unless Nazgrim (553 2/2) and Thok (553 2/2) is better than Pride (540 2/2) and Nazgrim (553 2/2) which I doubt.)

Also; what's an RSS?

I have Thok's but I'm really not impressed by it at all. It only shines on significantly stacked fights and even then doesn't contribute a whole lot. I have Pride, hoping to pair it with Nazgrim's. The Samophlange would allow some forging off of Spirit which would be ok, but I think I'd rather go with Nazgrim's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Deleted
    Cleave was 1% to 6% of my healing in 10mans. Now as i do 25s its more like 5% to 10% in some fights. So yea its good in a fight like Norushen / Thok where you stack, otherwise not so great in 10man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Also; what's an RSS?
    There you go buddy:
    curse.com/addons/wow/restoshamanstats

Deleted
    The dps +x% to secondary stats trinkets also deserve a consideration for the 2nd trinket slot. You don't get the benefit of the proc, but those trinkets scale with your overall iLvl so maybe at some point they overtake proper healing trinkets? Of course, almost every trinket scales with gear to some extent, but it seems to me that these trinkets scale up much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    (unless Nazgrim (553 2/2) and Thok (553 2/2) is better than Pride (540 2/2) and Nazgrim (553 2/2) which I doubt.)
    thok's is a great 3rd trinket to have because its value varies based on the fight. i have horrible luck on trinkets, so i only have the flex (548) version and it can range from 0.5% of my healing on blackfuse, to 6.5% of my healing on norushen.

to put a number on that, 6.5% was 2.7M healing, or 10k hps just from the trinket proc. it's pretty amazing for stacked fights and pretty awful for spread fights (hey, kind of like shaman!)

Quote Originally Posted by xor7486 View Post
    The dps +x% to secondary stats trinkets also deserve a consideration for the 2nd trinket slot. You don't get the benefit of the proc, but those trinkets scale with your overall iLvl so maybe at some point they overtake proper healing trinkets? Of course, almost every trinket scales with gear to some extent, but it seems to me that these trinkets scale up much faster.
    The DPS one you can get some benefit of the proc, but requires some meleeing the boss to do(If you find yourself capable). In some ways this can be a "favorable" thing as it allows you on demand use of when you want that int proc(Though, obviously there is that downside of meleeing the boss and not healing)

My experience with the Nazgrim trinket is very lackluster. Simply does not do enough to make me want to use it.