Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    A more realistic WoW theme is to simply add a decent PC in every room with WoW installed - That's it

- - - Updated - - -

Why would Blizzard throw thousands of dollars at an investment with little to no return

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    On a business point of view I wouldn't

It's too niche...
    First thing I thought. Maybe if you got plenty of money left to spend ;p you can do this more for your self but if you really want to make a profit this is very risky. Thinking about it is fun though .

It would work if they made a World of Warcraft funpark or something. But then a WoW hotel is obvious.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-11-15 at 01:45 PM.

We have quite a few themed hotels/inns/bed & breakfasts around this way that do pretty good for themselves.

Even if people aren't familiar with WarCraft, a lot of people are familiar with Elves, Orcs, Dwarves and the like so it isn't a bad idea. I would stay there!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    We have quite a few themed hotels/inns/bed & breakfasts around this way that do pretty good for themselves.

Even if people aren't familiar with WarCraft, a lot of people are familiar with Elves, Orcs, Dwarves and the like so it isn't a bad idea. I would stay there!
    Then just do a fantasy theme near a LARP camp

15+ Year Old Account
    If I was ever in the area I'd definitely book a few nights there! =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    A more realistic WoW theme is to simply add a decent PC in every room with WoW installed - That's it

- - - Updated - - -

Why would Blizzard throw thousands of dollars at an investment with little to no return
    Yes I can't argue with that lol ...but you know, I was deep into this idea, and I was already enjoying the restaurant part when my boss woke me up
    So I said, why not creating this hotel in my mind, cost = 0 $ , but risk of being dismissed from work, so better quit Warcraft Inn!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    If I was ever in the area I'd definitely book a few nights there! =D
    This is one of the problems, if any Warcraft player "was ever in the area" they would likely jump at the opportunity to stay at a place like this, however the hard part is convincing people to specifically travel to experience it.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I don't think something like this would work. But don't let that hold you back, the idea sounds pretty cool !

btw. I'd like to book a room in your WoWtel :x?
    Not funny?! No? Really :<?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    This is one of the problems, if any Warcraft player "was ever in the area" they would likely jump at the opportunity to stay at a place like this, however the hard part is convincing people to specifically travel to experience it.
    Yes I thought excactly the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerr View Post
    I don't think something like this would work. But don't let that hold you back, the idea sounds pretty cool !

btw. I'd like to book a room in your WoWtel :x?
    Not funny?! No? Really :<?
    Hahahahaha!! <3

Sounds like a fantastic idea, not sure if it will work out well but it sure sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Yes I thought excactly the same!

Hahahahaha!! <3
    hihi <3

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The premier inn, and only inn, on the grounds of Blizzneyland.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    The hotel could work with the right business plan. Instead of a dedicated WoW hotel, create a base Fantasy hotel that pulls design ideas from across several MMO’s that share similarities such as Everquest, Skryim, Conan, Diablo and Dungeon & Dragons. You will attract the LARPer’s, the board game role players, TCGer’s, Comic fans, and the MMO online crowd.

Throughout the year you can schedule weekends specifically dedicated to each fan base and decoration accordingly. For the WoW weekends you can add the faction banners, have staff dress in appropriate costumes, change the menu names to the cooking achievements, have merchandise available for sale, and plan a multi-tier schedule of tournaments (both video and TCG).

The must haves for your hotel:
    Massively powerful WiFi
    Computers with MMO games preload
    On-site gaming/hobby store that host weekend tournaments for the TCG crowd
    Large screen monitors or TVs for customers to plug in laptops
    Large conference center for hosting conventions
    Good quality restaurant with broad menu and serving alcohol 
    Location, Location, Location. You need to be in a city that hosts one or more major anime, comic, or gaming conventions a year. Being near other tourist destinations would also be helpful.

The initial capital outlay will be double that of most hotels, but if you manage it right, you could turn a profit and have fun doing so.

"Real Life PvP" - okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    "Real Life PvP" - okay.
    Is your comment interesting? Thanks for bumped topic btw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    The hotel could work with the right business plan. Instead of a dedicated WoW hotel, create a base Fantasy hotel that pulls design ideas from across several MMO’s that share similarities such as Everquest, Skryim, Conan, Diablo and Dungeon & Dragons. You will attract the LARPer’s, the board game role players, TCGer’s, Comic fans, and the MMO online crowd.

Throughout the year you can schedule weekends specifically dedicated to each fan base and decoration accordingly. For the WoW weekends you can add the faction banners, have staff dress in appropriate costumes, change the menu names to the cooking achievements, have merchandise available for sale, and plan a multi-tier schedule of tournaments (both video and TCG).

The must haves for your hotel:
    Massively powerful WiFi
    Computers with MMO games preload
    On-site gaming/hobby store that host weekend tournaments for the TCG crowd
    Large screen monitors or TVs for customers to plug in laptops
    Large conference center for hosting conventions
    Good quality restaurant with broad menu and serving alcohol 
    Location, Location, Location. You need to be in a city that hosts one or more major anime, comic, or gaming conventions a year. Being near other tourist destinations would also be helpful.

The initial capital outlay will be double that of most hotels, but if you manage it right, you could turn a profit and have fun doing so.
    Yes I agree, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Is your comment interesting? Thanks for bumped topic btw
    Yes, it is because I'd like to see "Real Life PvP" in this hotel.

Yeah I would love to see this happen! Sounds awesome, 10/10!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Also, same here, 10/10 would visit!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yes, it is because I'd like to see "Real Life PvP" in this hotel.
    bawhahaha, real life pvp with WoW players, kakakakakaka

10+ Year Old Account
    Free -GOOD- Wi-Fi?? Will never happen.

"Real PVP" ?? That mean real fighting tournaments?