Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb Warcraft Inn - the wow hotel

So I'm working in a travel agency, got boring stuff to do, and I got caught by boss unfocused on work. Why?
    Because I was brainstorming about a world of warcraft-style hotel: Warcraft Inn

So the hotel would be like this:

Reception
    The reception employers are named abviously Innkeepers.
    The theme at the reception is neutral, so it's possible pandaria style.
    Inkeepers give you the keys of your rooms, named Hearthstones.

Rooming
    There are 2 sides of the tavern, the right one is Alliance style, the left one is for the Horde.
    Depending to the faction side of the rooms, there will be featured all the races style as the room design (example: orcish beds are Hammocks, undead windows are purple with recreated cobwebs).
    Free powerful Wi-Fi in rooms.

Food & Beverage
    Don't expect to eat vegetarian things, you are not a newbie and will eat lot of meat.
    The restaurant is in tavern style, like booty bay, neutral of course but the left side features mainly Horde design while the right one is for Alliance mainly. Banners everywhere.
    Cooking dishes take name from the Cooking profession and are mainly done with the same ingredients. But this must be obviously stay legal within the law.
    The restaurant is meant to host lot of chaotic shouts from various teams, and lot of bread wasted on throwing to other-faction-tables.

Manteinance Department
    Gnomes and Goblin style, to fix every technician issue.

Housekeeping Department
    The cleaning service is featured in various races style. Almost every item of the hotel must have a warcrat design.

Events
    Warcraft Inn focuses much on events, such as Arena Tournaments, Raid Runs, devs talking, serious talkshows, art contests, real life pvps, and so on. Lot of real life games are expected.

PS: Sorry all had to write this fast as collegue is on lunch time and can come back in minutes. Do you like this concept? Cheers
    PSS: Hello all, thank you ...many hotels just work for a very few periods on the year. There are enourmous structures just opened for less than a month a year, only because of an annual exhibition or a monthly event and so on.
    Blizzcon isn't enough with 2 days per year, something else game-related should be on on the city of the hotel, or at least close. ANyway Warcraft Inn may be reopened upon group request.
    Last edited by mmoc0b7825fa66; 2013-11-15 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    North Western England, Furness Peninsulas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    So I'm working in a travel agency, got boring stuff to do, and I got caught by boss unfocused on work. Why?

Reception
    The reception employers are named abviously Innkeepers.
    The theme at the reception is neutral, so it's possible pandaria style.
    Inkeepers give you the keys of your rooms, named Hearthstones.

Rooming
    There are 2 sides of the tavern, the right one is Alliance style, the left one is for the Horde.
    Depending to the faction side of the rooms, there will be featured all the races style as the room design (example: orcish beds are Hammocks, undead windows are purple with recreated cobwebs).
    Free powerful Wi-Fi in rooms.

Food & Beverage
    Don't expect to eat vegetarian things, you are not a newbie and will eat lot of meat.
    The restaurant is in tavern style, like booty bay, neutral of course but the left side features mainly Horde design while the right one is for Alliance mainly. Banners everywhere.
    Cooking dishes take name from the Cooking profession and are mainly done with the same ingredients. But this must be obviously stay legal within the law.
    The restaurant is meant to host lot of chaotic shouts from various teams, and lot of bread wasted on throwing to other-faction-tables.

Manteinance Department
    Gnomes and Goblin style, to fix every technician issue.

Housekeeping Department
    The cleaning service is featured in various races style. Almost every item of the hotel must have a warcrat design.

Events
    Warcraft Inn focuses much on events, such as Arena Tournaments, Raid Runs, devs talking, serious talkshows, art contests, real life pvps, and so on. Lot of real life games are expected.

PS: Sorry all had to write this fast as collegue is on lunch time and can come back in minutes. Do you like this concept? Cheers
    Yeah sounds cool keep thinking about it
    "You have no idea what you don't know."

Deleted
    On a business point of view I wouldn't

It's too niche...

10+ Year Old Account
    lol One Blood Elf-style room, please, their beds would be most comfy.

"Room service? I need more mana!"

Sounds like something which fits with Blizzcon as it's a 2 days event, why not stay at the WoW hotel for the night? Not sure I'd be interested in all of the food though; Boiled Silkworm Pupa, Spider Kabobs, Severed Sagefish Head etc. I'd love to try out some Grilled Dragon though

Deleted
    They made something similar with the diablo bar/restaurant (what ever it was) not sure how much attention that got as it was only mentioned once.

Personally, I don't like travelling so I can't say if this would work or not from a customer point of view (just gimme a bed and cheap room, I'll sleep and move on to wherever I need to go the next day). If it was an actual "resort" type of thing where you develop the events stuff more with tournaments, add a real darkmoon fair in the back, etc... then it could work. You'll need attractions and events to bring people in to such a niche idea.

It would be a very niche market indeed. You couldn't not supply vegetarian options i don't think, there's probably some rule surrounding that. I don't think people would want to go to a Warcraft based hotel on Holiday as well. People go on holidays to get away from their normal lives, so idk if you'd have people willing to go to a hotel to play WoW when they can do it in the comfort of their own home. In saying that, it does sound very Disneyworld like, so it could be good if there is a lot of people interested in it. The reality of that happening though is slim i think, it would need some HUGE investment

I think a medieval/generic fantasy theme could work at least. Just have to make it comfortable and ease down on the geekiness to a level that the common folk don't feel like they're staying at a cosplay convention and that the the hotel seems professional.
    Mother pus bucket!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    10/10 would visit.

~Diss

Deleted
    Hello all, thank you ...many hotels just work for a very few periods on the year. There are enourmous structures just opened for less than a month a year, only because of an annual exhibition or a monthly event and so on.
    Blizzcon isn't enough with 2 days per year, something else game-related should be on on the city of the hotel, or at least close. ANyway Warcraft Inn may be reopened upon group request.

sry Bold, just to recognise the topic writer lol

Put in draenei maids and I'm in!

Deleted
    You would be bankrupt in 6 months...

WoW's biggest number was 13 million world wide in 2009. Divide that 13 million into people willing to stay at a WoW hotel then you'll probably get 6 million total, now that's your clientele that need to continue returning indefinitely

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

The geek-Inn or N(erd)-Inn!
    yea.. warcraft hotel sounds really to mcuh sorry..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    lol One Blood Elf-style room, please, their beds would be most comfy.

"Room service? I need more mana!"
    Heya, nice one, rooms should indeed feature at least 1 room for every playable race in wow. Except pandas because are neutrals and own the Reception

Quote Originally Posted by Peoh View Post
    Put in draenei maids and I'm in!
    Lol yes, maids are 99% women I think. Also there must be at least 1 maid featuring 1 race.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You would be bankrupt in 6 months...

WoW's biggest number was 13 million world wide in 2009. Divide that 13 million into people willing to stay at a WoW hotel then you'll probably get 6 million total, now that's your clientele that need to continue returning indefinitely
    Must offer something really cool. It is "too" niche as already said, I know it lol. But nothing is impossible. I think that lot of cash shoul be invested by Blizzard on this. Btw, just brainstorming

Deleted
    No investor would ever consider this... Too much unnecessary risk

Sounds like a plan however I'd like to address:

Food & Beverage
    Your hotel is already in a niche, you need to accommodate as many different people as possible to take full advantage of visitors. I would recommend familiar food with Warcraft names and possibly some interesting spin on the appearance; for instance a boiled silkworm pupa could just be a sausage wrapped in something. You should be able to accommodate vegetarians, intolerances, as well as people looking for less exotic fare (you will have people who just want a hamburger for instance.) This of all things is your most potential for downfall, even a non warcraft fan can appreciate good atmosphere, but people won't tolerate food they don't like.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

15+ Year Old Account
    As awesome as this sounds on paper, I doubt that it would be a viable business interest.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it Hunter pet friendly? Do the little minions stay for a discount? xD

Fitness room with treadmills, big LCD screen behind them with image and sound of giant WoW spiders chasing you.

Deleted
    You'd be better off diversifying. You'd already have to attract people to your location from around the world to keep business going; why limit your customer base to such a relatively tiny niche. Not to mention the fact that the majority of the wow playerbase is not in an age range for staying in an expensive hotel and travelling extensively, so you've already got a very small customer base of adults who have the time, money and inclination to travelling.

You could expand it perhaps into a "themed hotel", a lot of hotels have themed rooms, themed menus. You could have people book the world of warcraft room, and those people get a menu that serves the same food as others, but is named to match wow themes, and then add a bunch of other games, movies, franchises - that way you massively expand your customer base.

Your idea is pretty fun, but from a business point of view, would need a lot more to be profitable.

Deleted
    To all who does not believe on this possible project
    Investment = kickstarter project or other community crow funding + Blizzard's cash.
    Purpose = Blizzard/WoW game promotion, +subs and fan strenght increase (there is not direct income purpose, a money loss is even ok).
    Too restricted niche? = Don't worry, you know what makes success in this world? The originality/autenticity of the thing. Warcraft Inn would be unique. I expect that after a good marketing people from all over the world would say: "let's try it!"

sry bold, topic writer recognize :P