Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

So much no flying rage . . .

Is there anyone else out there who thinks the amount of uproar about this is pathetic?

I personally don't give a flying (pun intended) f*ck whether I can fly or not at the start of the xpac. In all the threads about this, I can't find an argument that actually makes sense. You're not going to be able to fly while leveling up anyways, and then you'll have to wait a couple months. Does that really warrant the bizarre outrage that's been seen over the last few days?

Before this was even announced, there was a fairly loud contingent of players who felt that flying had wrecked world pvp. So blizz decides to try out no flying for a couple months, and the flipside of that contingent just loses it. I applaud Blizzard for having the thick skin to deal with such a bipolar player base. That must be bloody aggravating.

Can someone explain to my, articulately, why this is such a big deal to them? Like, maybe you have to make a couple more corpse runs because you accidentally pulled an entire zone of mobs or something? Are you under the impression that flying cuts down on the time you spend questing that much, and that you're going to spend hours and hours of riding around insurmountable mountains to get to your questgivers? Or is it a power thing, like "I'm max level right now and I already paid for flying once. I'm not doing it again"?

Alternately, I'd like to hear from other people who don't think this is an issue at all. I'd like to think that the people losing their minds over this are a vocal minority.
    Last edited by Doomface; 2013-11-15 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure the lack of flying is such a big deal since we have zones which are no fly, and we will get it in 6.1. I think the biggest bark is 2 fold:

1) Tired of seeing people want to do away with flying altogether. It will never happen, so those people need to just STFU.

2) There will be a "quest" chain needed to complete to option to be able to fly, and people who prefer to Dungeon (God only knows why) rather than quest are rightfully upset about it. Most World firsters slamgrind dungeons and skip questing. So once the slamgrind is done, they will have to go back and quest anyway.

People have opinions. This is something that will never change. Something else that never changes: We all assume we are right and the rest of the world is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think there are too many topics on this.

So..did we really need another one when your opinion could well have fit into one of the existing threads?
    ^This.

Also, all the threads i've seen are about how glorious the world will be without flying mounts, how ganking will come to a new life. It's only normal if people retaliate to such stuff.

ppl who dont want to fly stay on your ground mount and ppl who want to fly use flying mount.

Solved.

Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    I think there are too many topics on this.

So..did we really need another one when your opinion could well have fit into one of the existing threads?
    Hey look, it's the inevitable "did we need another topic on this" guy. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    ppl who dont want to fly stay on your ground mount and ppl who want to fly use flying mount.

Solved.
    No thats not solved, you'll realize that is not how it will work when WoD hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    How is it not solved?

Seriously, unless you remember running the full length of felwood 1000 times, and questing in stranglethorn vale top to bottom pre-mount days...go cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Blizzard should stop removing features from there game and adding them later back in.

Who wants to fly should fly. Who wants to walk should walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidwerd View Post
    Seriously, unless you remember running the full length of felwood 1000 times, and questing in stranglethorn vale top to bottom pre-mount days...go cry me a river.
    I might be looking at this with rose-tinted glasses, but I remember having a ton of fun in Stranglethorn back in the day. There was a lot of people around. I was a rogue and so was my friend, and we spent a lot of time questing, running back and forth to Booty Baby, and stalking other players in the jungle. Again, all before flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squidwerd View Post
    I recall. And the walk from South Shore to SM everyday grinding to 40 just to get a mount. The long walk from Darkshire to Ravenswood Cemetery on foot (before streamlined quests) and getting fucked up by Stitches cause someone just finished the quest. Or the long walk from Ironforge, to Menethil, to Arathi Highlands. I've seen my share of walking. I am ok with it starting that way, but not STAYING that way.

Oh, and I can't tell you how many times I killed Samantha Swifthoof on that road in STV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomface View Post
    Is there anyone else out there who thinks the amount of uproar about this is pathetic?
    No. I dont think that the uproar is nearly loud enough to be honest. Only people that no flying till 6.1 appeals to are those interested in world PVP.
    Those of us who could not give a flying fuck about PVP are getting the short end of the stick yet again to appease those that PVP.

As someone on these forums said (sorry dont know who but it stuck with me) the introduction of flying is like opening Pandora's box.

Bashiok said they were trying to recreate the feeling of when you got your first flying mount. But the fact is you can't rehash a feeling!!!

It ends up feeling like a punishment (taking your flying away) then when you do get it its not the exhilaration of OMG i can fly wheeeee its FUCK finally I got my flying back!!
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

I might be looking at this with rose-tinted glasses, but I remember having a ton of fun in Stranglethorn back in the day. There was a lot of people around. I was a rogue and so was my friend, and we spent a lot of time questing, running back and forth to Booty Baby, and stalking other players in the jungle. Again, all before flying.
    Play a class that can't easily escape any gank or mob pull, then come back.
    The mobs near booty bay were about 45, the mobs at the top were about 30.
    So when the initial quests sent you down to BB you would aggro those mobs by the dozen.
    And while it was long, it was a bit small in each quest zone. Especially near the hunters camp.
    Have fun being camped for hours on end, you know, unless you can just vanish and run away.

I honestly don't care when I get my flying. If people are going to quit/not play the expansion just because you can't get flying right when you max out is beyond idiotic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Bashiok said they were trying to recreate the feeling of when you got your first flying mount.
    Rose tinted glasses? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    No. I dont think that the uproar is nearly loud enough to be honest. Only people that no flying till 6.1 appeals to are those interested in world PVP.
    Those of us who could not give a flying fuck about PVP are getting the short end of the stick yet again to appease those that PVP.

As someone on these forums said (sorry dont know who but it stuck with me) the introduction of flying is like opening Pandora's box.
    I play on a PVE server right now (transferred to raid with casual guild of friends), so I won't be getting any world PVP in on Draenor. Still not upset in the least about not being able to fly. Realize that's just my opinion, but I truly don't understand why this is such a big deal for you guys. Do you play on a PVP server? If so, why are you upset that there's going to be actual PVP? If I was on a PVP server right now, I would be anticipating this. If you don't play on a PVP server, is it really such a huge inconvenience that you'll have to use your ground mount? Why? Is it a time issue? What's the main sticking point here?

To preface, I played in Vanilla and BC, up until around BT patch, then quit. Just started playing again around eight months ago, and I was totally blown away by how far the game has come and how many quality-of-life improvements have been made. Speaking as someone who did quest in STV, and did run Felwood 1000 times, and did have to spam trade chat to find a group for 5-mans, I don't understand at all the massive amount of complaining that people do about WoW. Not just the current flying uproar, but the fact that Blizzard has come very close to being able to provide the best of both worlds to casuals and hardcores. Challenge modes and Heroic raids for hardcores, regular 5-mans, raid finder and flex for casuals. There are so many different options and so many different ways to play this game, and it often seems like people just like to find a pet complaint and scream about that one issue not living up to their idea of perfection.

Anyways, that's a bit off-topic, but I think it shows the context that I'm looking at the whole "no-flying issue" in. This is such a small part of the expansion, it looks to me like people are just gripping on to something to complain about.
    Last edited by Doomface; 2013-11-15 at 03:43 PM.

blizzard could also charge ppl for flying like 5$ a month :P
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I'm confused... how is having no flying after questing really going to impact the game other than to inconvenience people? Take timeless isle. I take a flight path there, I run an extra 100 yards to do the Celestials in an area completely surrounded by guards. I run up a hill, do Ordos on some random server with 0 of the opposite faction, I leave. With flying, the only difference would be I get from Point A => Point B faster.

There's 0 PvP... 0 monsters that can stop me from getting there...

Can someone explain to my, articulately, why this is such a big deal to them?
    You love cheese.

Now I say you can't eat cheese for the next 4 months.

Why? Because I think you eat too much cheese, and would be better off with a break from cheese. Maybe try a nice green salad.

Now I may be right-- you may be morbidly obese, sitting in a tub full of velveeta, basting your hair with gruyere, your skin erupting with zits, explosive diarrhea colored orange from the die in Kraft slices. But remember, you love cheese. Am I going to argue you out of that?

I love flying.