Poll: Rbgs or arena?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As a Ret Pally myself i find RBGs to be wayyyyyyyyyyyy more fun and entertaining than arenas. my spec/class is hindering me from getting any higher than i am now (~1700) because of my lack of sustained damage and proper defensives, but in an RBG setting, where im 1650 and can fully utilize my toolkit, i shine and its more enjoyable. So, say what you want about Arenas being better than RBGs, I love RBGs wayyyy more

Deleted
    RBG is just as prestigious as arena, it is just matter of rating

arena gets harder earlier, but rbg gets very hard at the top rating and rbg is less about fotming and class imbalance is lesser factor in general, rbg also requires more strategic intelligence and skillsets than arena

RBGs are generally more entertaining. Arenas are far more prestigious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    As a Ret Pally myself i find RBGs to be wayyyyyyyyyyyy more fun and entertaining than arenas. my spec/class is hindering me from getting any higher than i am now (~1700) because of my lack of sustained damage and proper defensives, but in an RBG setting, where im 1650 and can fully utilize my toolkit, i shine and its more enjoyable. So, say what you want about Arenas being better than RBGs, I love RBGs wayyyy more
    Don't look at it like that, you aren't limited to 1700 by your class or spec. I know a few people who have that attitude, I have myself in the past, and it's the attitude that's actually limiting you not the class. You can get a high rating (2.2k+) with any class or spec once you work out how to exactly play it.

Just look at Vanguards, a Ret Paladin sat at 2.5k rating right now.

On topic though, I think that Arenas demonstrate a far higher individual skill level, which is to be expected. The less people in a group the more it comes down to individual skill. The only real exception is 2v2 which can be easily exploited through certain set-ups, hence the lack of Gladiator titles from it. I do however find RBGs fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find RBG's more fun

but Arenas are more serious and harder.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Arena focuses more on micro management.

Rbgs focus more on macro management.

Both need coordination obviously.

Arena ..of course. Any idiot can get high rating in RBGs. And people talking about the "strategy it takes", most teams have 1 targetcaller, that's it. Healers only play as if it's a freaking raid without boss mechanics. RBGs are a truly mindless activity. Partly because of how pvp was changed between wotlk/cata. That is, 100% health boost and healing overhaul. Turning pvp into a slow, boring experience.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-11-17 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikita View Post
    Don't look at it like that, you aren't limited to 1700 by your class or spec. I know a few people who have that attitude, I have myself in the past, and it's the attitude that's actually limiting you not the class. You can get a high rating (2.2k+) with any class or spec once you work out how to exactly play it.

Just look at Vanguards, a Ret Paladin sat at 2.5k rating right now.

On topic though, I think that Arenas demonstrate a far higher individual skill level, which is to be expected. The less people in a group the more it comes down to individual skill. The only real exception is 2v2 which can be easily exploited through certain set-ups, hence the lack of Gladiator titles from it. I do however find RBGs fun.
    Believe me, I have tried to have a positive outlook on being a Ret Pally in 5.4 but unfortunately, compared to a warrior i have to work 5 times as hard to put out the same amount of pressure and damage plus i have 1 defensive that can be dispelled by warriors and thats all me and my partners fight at 1700 in arena.

i have been watching vanguards for the last like 6 months trying to immitate his build, macros, and tactics, and he even switched to enhance shammy because its more viable, not to mention, he has access to rank 1 teammates himself, a luxury i dont have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arenas are more fun for me, especially 3v3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun: RBGs
    Prestigious: Arena

Coming from a 2.4k RBG player
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Arena ..of course. Any idiot can get high rating in RBGs. And people talking about the "strategy it takes", most teams have 1 targetcaller, that's it. Healers only play as if it's a freaking raid without boss mechanics. RBGs are a truly mindless activity. Partly because of how pvp was changed between wotlk/cata. That is, 100% health boost and healing overhaul. Turning pvp into a slow, boring experience.
    Your view of rbgs is very depressing. Healing rbgs is much harder than healing in pve. You never know who/what/where the damage is coming from, this has a certain rng that pve can never get, human rng. If you think rbgs are truely mindless you have never had 2 good teams agianst each toher. And how hell can rbgs be more mindless than arena? Arena is just about trying to kill each other, atleast rbgs have an objective.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Prestigious: in a perfect world RBG but as it stands I will say Arena. At least stacking AoE cd's isnt the primary objective of arena
    Entertaining: equal.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Because RBG's are flooded with boosters, it lost all its prestige