Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pet Battles why do people hate them?

I don't understand why people want to see pet battles removed from the game? It's not like they hurt WoW in any way and actually add more incentive to collect all these companion pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because haters are under the mistaken belief that Pet Battles took away from their PVE/PVP experience. No new BG's or Dungeons, well if we didnt have pet battles...Classes unbalanced.. well if we didnt have pet battles.. LOL POKEMAN get rid of pet battles..

Bottom Line: Hey guys you didnt do Pet Battles this week so we are screwed said no RL/ RBG Leader ever.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want them removed but I don't really like them and I wouldn't be sad to see them gone. For me pet battles totally ruined the collection aspect of pets and that used to be something I really enjoyed about the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They dont understand they need to blame a team that is responsible for a pvp balance and not a team that does pet battles.....there are 2 diferent teams.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

They're usually the same people who enjoy the daily mail and look for reasons to be in uproar.

Honestly the amount of people who "hate" them is limited, Blizzard said they were very successful, more so than anticipated, and I made a poll asking whether people enjoy them, and I remember over 90% either enjoyed them or didn't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I don't want them removed but I don't really like them and I wouldn't be sad to see them gone. For me pet battles totally ruined the collection aspect of pets and that used to be something I really enjoyed about the game.
    I dunno. To me it kind of revitalized collecting pets. Not only are there gobs of cool pets to go out and find, now old raids drop boss-model pets, you can watch your pets level and grow into pint-sized badasses, and for some reason, I can't stop giggling at the image of a squirrel nibbling a fel reaver to death.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand why we have them except to appeal to the Pokemon crowd. I play WoW to kill bosses. Anything in the game that doesn't help me kill bosses better is useless to me. I don't have a single character that has trained for pet battles. However, rather than call for their removal I accept that some people really like them. I sell every pet that has dropped for me and I make loads of gold sometimes. Some of the people that really like them help me kill bosses better. Since they like them it doesn't bother me.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like them because they aren't fun and there's no other way to obtain a large chunk of pets now.

just the RNG, missing twice with 95% hit chance is just devastating, of course it's going to happen eventually but it really can just instantly lose you the battle.

I love pet battles. I do not like that you can't have complete collection without using $$$

Pokemon X/Y just came out, and I still rock the classic blue and red, so I'll play that. I play WoW to PvP with my character, not a pet.

because people give far too much of a care about what other people do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I dunno. To me it kind of revitalized collecting pets. Not only are there gobs of cool pets to go out and find, now old raids drop boss-model pets, you can watch your pets level and grow into pint-sized badasses, and for some reason, I can't stop giggling at the image of a squirrel nibbling a fel reaver to death.
    Let's admit that this is the best part of Pet Battles. We're all fun-loving adults here :P

On topic: I see no reason for hating them, really. They don't take anything away from other things, they are 100% optional, and they turn the collection aspect into something more engaging than "circle the lake while killing all the whelplings". And it made my engineering prof more profitable ^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    I used to love collecting pets but have somehow stopped since pet battles were introduced. It was fun to try and get that last pet you needed for the next achievement, but now you can just catch 150 rats and get the achievement so I have lost interest. Plus there are far too many pets to keep track of. I might farm the ones in the old raids. I don't like the battles so would have to be reaaaally bored until I start doing them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is like exactly people who want to remove flying from others, they don't like it

No one force you to play pet battle, no one force you to fly, if you hate flying, don't buy it simple
    If you hate mini pet don't even try it

No one force you with a gun in head that you "must" play pet battle as far i know, heck one of my real life friends who play since MoP start didn't buy pet battle ability even in first place

- - - Updated - - -

It is like exactly people who want to remove flying from others, they don't like it

No one force you to play pet battle, no one force you to fly, if you hate flying, don't buy it simple
    If you hate mini pet don't even try it

No one force you with a gun in head that you "must" play pet battle as far i know, heck one of my real life friends who play since MoP start didn't buy pet battle ability even in first place

I actually enjoyed the pet battles i fought, but in the long run it just wasn't for me.
    But one thing really annoyed me when they were introduced: I was quite close to get all the "normal" pets (excluding blizzcon/collector edition/blizzstore pets) now with all those new catchable pets.... it just isn't fun anymore.

All in all i don't want pet battles removed because they don't annoy me as long as they're not mandatory for raiding purposes (which won't happen ever)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    This is my take on it as well. I would have prefered if the original pet collection had been excluded from the whole pet battle thingy... It went from something very niche where you maybe bothered about getting a new pet a couple of months into a new patch or maybe checked the AH every 3rd week for a cheap disgusting oozeling or firefly to something very grindy and extremely overdone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Sure there are more pets to collect but now if they're not 25 and rare they're worthless. And also a lot of pets that used to be BoP are now able to be sold which tanks they're collectible value.

I like the pet battles. I find it adds a lot more depth to an aspect of the game that almost seemed like an afterthought originally. Yeah, I grinded endlessly for all of the different whelps red/black/green in classic, as well as the blue one that was added (I believe in the ZA patch in tbc), and I can honestly say I don't think it added a whole lot of depth to the game requiring me to grind them as a drop for weeks on end. Now I get to level them up and have battles against other pets. This is just a much deeper system that is pretty harmless when it comes to it's impact on the rest of the game, which is basically zero. Like someone else mentioned, those who go so far as to HATE them, obviously give too much of a damn about what other people do/like.
    Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea it is just how the battles go that make me angry as hell lol, 100% hit chance ability no debuffs...Miss 2 times in a row. Shit gets old real fast.

Can be 3 pets alive my side, 1 alive there side and I lose due to random misses. Happens far too often to be rng.