Heroic Malkorok 10 man

So, we're almost reaching 100 wipes on this boss.... We had a few sub 10% wipes (one was down to 1%) but most of the time we're wiping to personal fuck ups in random parts of the fight: people missing soaking purple shit, people getting hit by the white orbs and losing shield, people standing on the breath, etc... Anyways, I'm wondering if you guys could share your strats, how you mark things, how you call things on vent, when do you have people soak orbs (and who can do it), etc.. PLEASE PLEASE HALP!

PS: this is how we are currently doing it: we 2 heal, we have someone doing a countdown for the purple soaking thingy, we have someone marking where the slams happen, we have then another marker (always green) and we call on vent to stack up on tanks/get to green so people don't die to breath. We have our tanks soaking the transitions, we have our rogue clearing orbs around the room (even before transition), we tell people to clear their assigned areas during the transition.

Our fail logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8ekbmrligh2b01sd/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/enzmytzhkfzh5642/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    So, we're almost reaching 100 wipes on this boss.... We had a few sub 10% wipes (one was down to 1%) but most of the time we're wiping to personal fuck ups in random parts of the fight: people missing soaking purple shit, people getting hit by the white orbs and losing shield, people standing on the breath, etc... Anyways, I'm wondering if you guys could share your strats, how you mark things, how you call things on vent, when do you have people soak orbs (and who can do it), etc.. PLEASE PLEASE HALP!

PS: this is how we are currently doing it: we 2 heal, we have someone doing a countdown for the purple soaking thingy, we have someone marking where the slams happen, we have then another marker (always green) and we call on vent to stack up on tanks/get to green so people don't die to breath. We have our tanks soaking the transitions, we have our rogue clearing orbs around the room (even before transition), we tell people to clear their assigned areas during the transition.

Our fail logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8ekbmrligh2b01sd/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/enzmytzhkfzh5642/
    Correct me if I am wrong but,

Whats the reason for soaking with 2 tanks? One will be debuff with 15~ odd stacks of the damage increase, making it harder to heal than bombing the same amount of incoming DPS on 1 tank with more CDs available to that one tank.

Most wipes will be personal mistakes, can't really get around it you have to do it right. We have a ranged dps doing raidmarkers for the breath and besides that it's just personal responsibility. Your warrior could take bladestorm as it removes the slow if he has trouble soaking the melee puddle, make sure ranged moves back to their original spot to soak after slam/breath.
    One tank should solosoak with personal cds followed by vigilance/hand of sacr and can do a rallying cry as well.

Thanks a lot for the help! And any other tips u guys could share?

Mark all Slams as they happen. Identify the pattern (there are 3: all one side, triangle, and "wishbone"; this helps some people in my raid... I just move far away from the markers). When the Breath is coming, call to soak the last puddles then get to safe spots so people have some warning if they aren't paying attention.

You don't have the best tanks to solo the Blood Rage phase, but it's possible with any of them in 10H. Using both is silly though. Just make sure the one who will be soloing the phase goes in with 0 stacks. Tanks should never have to swap during the phase. Dump externals into the the tank (set up a rotation and have the tank call it out) when personals are not available. I'd use your druid because the Vengeance will cause him to do a lot more damage than the DK, but the DK might have an easier time living.

Have your rogue do every melee puddle if he isn't already. BoS (which he is already using) immunes the slow from the add and Feint basically guarantees he'll always maintain a shield.

As far as soaking orbs, everyone with an immunity can soak them in p1 and everyone can soak them in p2. As a rogue, I usually run out with CoS+glyph Sprint after soaking the melee puddle. Your Moonkin can get Sym CoS and clear. Your DK can grab a few with AMS. Your hPal can Bubble+Speed of Light and soak a bunch. During p2, everyone can soak some as they only do damage at that point and it's not very much. A personal (but not immunity) should be used during this phase to stay alive while clearing. Stop clearing them near the end of the phase and use Tranq to heal everyone up just before the phase ends and give some shield.

We have everyone with an immunity soak orbs on cooldown or as needed during p1; this is mostly at their personal discretion unless someone says they need stuff cleared in their area. Ranged clear their area during p2 and melee just tunnel the boss.

Don't worry about soaking every single orb. This fight is still a DPS race and lots of unnecessary downtime to clear orbs will put you behind. Everyone will have to deal with some clutter, but if you look around and plan routes for upcoming situations, orbs should not be a problem until the area is basically completely full.

Go Korgath.

Personal responsibility fight. We have a similar setup with 2 melee/4 ranged. We have one person doing all the marking to keep it simple. The melee that isn't soaking the melee Implosion or a tank is the best candidate to do this. As Squirl said, your rogue should be taking every melee Implosion.

For Implosion soaking, just put your four ranged in each of the quarters as the main soakers, and have the healers as back up on each side as well. Remember that there is always an Implosion before the breath and after the 3rd smash, so even though all 3 markers are out, you still have to stay in positions to soak Implosions. We had someone call out a few seconds before every Implosion, and it cut down on the stupid wipes dramatically. Just split up the responsibility, one person cannot watch and call out everything.

We don't clear orbs at all during P1, but clear about 80%+ of them during the Blood Rage phase. It's not worth the DPS loss to do it during Phase 1. Each person is generally responsible of clearing their area, things like Rocket Boots and immunities help a ton. You do thoguh have the option of your H Pally clearing during each Phase 1 with Unbreakable Spirit.

Our logs for that if they help:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7094&e=7383

Deleted
    Firstly, I recommend getting Malkorok helper, if you remember Sha of Fear assist, that tells you where you can and can't stand to avoid dread spray. This is a similar addon that tells you where not to stand for the Breath. You're doing markers, which is good, if you feel you need a little extra help, this is a nice addon.

We didn't really call anything out, I personally only spoke to tell anyone who was too close to me to get out of my way and back into their respective spot.

This is how we did it:
    We have a monk solo tank phase 2, he also placed our markers.
    We have our shadow priest with Engineering Pop his nitro boost belt and dispersion in phase 2. Myself and the other warlock pop Shadow bulwark, unending resolve and glyph healthstones and run round like mad men soaking orbs with the priest and the second tank.
    We have demonic gateways to the middle of the room in case you can't escape the Breath.
    Make sure to deal with the add quickly so it doesn't hinder any of the dps for long.

We ignore all orbs in p2 to focus on the last part of the fight

Overall set up:
    BrM Monk
    Guardian Druid
    2x Destro Locks
    Shadow Priest
    Ele Shaman
    Fury Warrior
    Frost DK
    Holy Priest
    Resto Druid
    Last edited by mmoc39083b150b; 2013-11-16 at 01:52 AM.

we have then another marker (always green) and we call on vent to stack up on tanks/get to green so people don't die to breath
    So wait, for every breath you have the whole raid move to a single spot/quadrant? I feel like that's very inefficient and wouldn't be surprised if people furthest from the marked safe spot regularly die to breath while trying to dodge orbs or die to a puddle after hitting an orb on the way back.

We just have a mark for every slam and everyone figures out on their own where they need to go to be safe. For every third slam we call out on vocal that there's a puddle to soak immediately after and to get to a safe spot after that. That way movement is minimized.

Deleted
    Practice. I can understand your frustration, I spent nearly 100 wipes on it too (after having gotten it to 500k on 45th try). It's a fight that makes you frigging hate your teammates as you can always blame someone specifically for the wipe. Make sure you call out: "Soak and safe spot" during the third arcing smash. That should stop your deaths to breath at least. Dps is quite unimportant so don't take many risks. Soak orbs properly too (p2 and later if there's a cluster).