Thread: Weapon

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Weapon

Just trying out my hunter alt & considering switching it to main in 6.0. Ive got to iLvl 509 but still have a blue weapon (a 463 from a dungeon). I could buy the timeless ilse 476 one for 20k coins but is there anything else I can get except for a lucky drop from raids? I'm doing at least 1/2 the LFRs a week plus the odd night of flex / norm but no luck yet. I cant find anything for tokens or crafted - am I missing something? ta

Deleted
    498 PvP weapon for 3.5k honor. Pretty sure you can still upgrade those as well.

An alternative is to spam LFR queue durumu and iron qon with mogu runes of fate (bought for 1000 timeless coins). ToT 3 and 4 are still relatively quick to queue and run since they both have a chance to drop all the legendary quest items. Fortunately as a hunter, ranged weapons drop from the first bosses of both of those. YMMV

Deleted
    Heroic Scenario also - Chance for a ilvl 516 weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    No upgrades for PvP Weapons but still a better one than the blue ilvl 463.

Quote Originally Posted by toasttemp View Post
    An alternative is to spam LFR queue durumu and iron qon with mogu runes of fate (bought for 1000 timeless coins). ToT 3 and 4 are still relatively quick to queue and run since they both have a chance to drop all the legendary quest items. Fortunately as a hunter, ranged weapons drop from the first bosses of both of those. YMMV
    This.

I'm doing exactly that on my hunter alt, I literally have like half 528 gear on it, and then....a 450 blue bow, it's ridiculous haha.

Transmogged to Golden Bow of Quel'thalas though so at least it looks better than it is from a distance lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    498 PvP weapon for 3.5k honor. Pretty sure you can still upgrade those as well.
    The problem here is that you need 7.5k honor to unlock these weapons and reaching this amount of honor can be painfull
    Most faster whay to obtain not bad weapon on first place is to grind some coins on timeless to obtain 476 one depending of the realm can be done really fast and meanwhile you can go ToT SoO for beter weapons

Deleted
    Wow, I wish I saw this post 3-2 weeks ago when gearing up my hunter >_<
    Now I know for the future when I'll be gearing up another alt atleast. Thanks for a good post!

Also ToT p2. First boss (Tortos) also drops a bow.

Best just to queue up for all 3 of them at the same time, kill first boss, then leave and requeue.

Deleted
    I am just disappointed that i can not upgrade hellscream warbow !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoba View Post
    I am just disappointed that i can not upgrade hellscream warbow !
    That's because it's alredy upgraded twice when dropped.

Flex items ilvl 540

Garrosh Heirloom weapons ilvl 548 - Upgraded twice

You saved 500 valor points. Spend it to upgrade other stuff