Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Game - "Trove" Livestream in a few minutes!

Nice copy of Cubeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Nice copy of Cubeworld.
    My thoughts exactly

:l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Nice copy of Cubeworld.
    Difference is I have never heard of Cubeworld until people started being mad about this being a clone. It seems in Cubeworld from what I am reading is the number of people on a map is limited, you cannot create or destroy, and the world does not change as is being proposed here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what to say weither Trion really think they actually created this game or It's a full blown ripoff of Cube World.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Difference is I have never heard of Cubeworld until people started being mad about this being a clone. It seems in Cubeworld from what I am reading is the number of people on a map is limited, you cannot create or destroy, and the world does not change as is being proposed here.
    Thats the thing Puremallace, Trion wants to make it seem like they are original, Not everyone knows about Cube World, even with the hype it had.

But it's the fact it looks exactly like Cube World w/ Building. Scott Hartmen basically said he loved Cube World.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-15 at 09:08 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/479995304 direct link.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah it seems very similiar to Cubeworld, which I have no problem with (iteration is what gives us good games). The problem with Cubeworld right now is that it's dev'd by 1-2 people, so hopefully Trion will be able to churn out content & patches quicker.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    And yeah it seems very similiar to Cubeworld, which I have no problem with (iteration is what gives us good games). The problem with Cubeworld right now is that it's dev'd by 1-2 people, so hopefully Trion will be able to churn out content & patches quicker.
    That's the thing though...I don't think Trion is looking to be releasing tons of content with this. It's following Hartsmans philosophy that the current design model of developers being the only ones to create content is functionally broken and not a financially sound model. So the game is being designed to allow for some emergent gameplay, and allow players to create their own content to shore up gaps in what the developers can provide.

Here's the sign-up page for alpha http://www.trovegame.com/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's the thing though...I don't think Trion is looking to be releasing tons of content with this. It's following Hartsmans philosophy that the current design model of developers being the only ones to create content is functionally broken and not a financially sound model. So the game is being designed to allow for some emergent gameplay, and allow players to create their own content to shore up gaps in what the developers can provide.
    Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of deep/complex crafting, character building and sandbox-tools.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The negative I have seen of Cubeworld is the game was created, sold, and never maintained. It is effectively been left to die from the impression a lot of people are getting. I am slightly confused why Trion never bought the rights to this game because with such comparisons doesn't this scream law suit in the making to people?

The negative I have seen of Cubeworld is the game was created, sold, and never maintained. It is effectively been left to die from the impression a lot of people are getting. I am slightly confused why Trion never bought the rights to this game because with such comparisons doesn't this scream law suit in the making to people?
    That's because it's made by 2 people who aren't working full time on the project as far as I remember...and because it's in alpha still. It's not a finished game by any means, and it doesn't have a proper team behind it. It's still being worked on (last month they posted an update of some of the the things they are working on), it's just a slow process.

New update soon, which is nice because the absence he was on was him hiring more employees/setting up a proper website.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    New update soon, which is nice because the absence he was on was him hiring more employees/setting up a proper website.
    Proof? He said he had a new update soon within the last month. The guy disappeared after his servers took a shit and he still has yet to let the forums back up on them.

Face it, the guy took the money and ran. If he cared about it he'd be alot more vocal. We get an update from the guy once every 2 months if we're lucky. I feel like a fool and anyone else expecting more than what they got from the game is as well.

As far as cubeworld clones, honestly let them come. As long as they are stable & continue to provide support anything is better than cubeworld. Cube world has a perfect model and anyone who copies it and supports it will make serious $$$. I saw one on steam too called vox I believe. Looked interesting, I may try it. I don't like trion anymore though tbh. To much scorn.

Cubeworld was seemingly left to rot, but it appears the dev has returned and is twittering a lot.

Deleted
    to be honest, i loved Cubeworld, really fun game, but the dev sort of abandoned the game it seemed, so a game like cubeworld + crafting, from a bigger studio seems pretty cool!

keeping an eye on this game!

Aren't they both just copies of minecraft, but with a few different mechanics? Personally im still playing minecraft off and on and its great. Not sure why people can't just create their own ideas and feel the need to copy someone just because they were successful at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Aren't they both just copies of minecraft, but with a few different mechanics? Personally im still playing minecraft off and on and its great. Not sure why people can't just create their own ideas and feel the need to copy someone just because they were successful at it.
    Because iteration is how genres are perfected and improved.

Trion...

What are you doing?

Rift is/was amazing but Defiance, warface, end of nations, and now this?

Shtap.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

They should have added these features to Rift.

/EverQuest Next

Couple of things. This was in development long before CubeWorld and EQ Next were even out/talked about. If anything the inspiration according to the devs was more a mash up of Rift, Terraria and Minecraft. What sets this apart from those games, if people cared to read a little about it before bashing it, is that its more of an actual MMO. It will have levels, it will have classes, dungeons, bosses, gear progression etc. They also lifed Rift's idea of Dimensions and popped it into Trove with the whole Cornerstone thing, which is an awesome idea. Of course it will have traditional building and creation/destruction of other voxel games. Will it be any good? No idea but its Trion so its certainly work checking out. It looks pretty cool.
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2013-11-18 at 04:32 AM.

The number of people limited on a map is the same in Cube World and Trove. Right now in Trove the limit is 40 people. The limit in Cube World is about 40-60 people. Cube World always had plans to build/destroy in their game.

http://wollay.blogspot.com/2012/01/c...hitecture.html

Trove is pretty much a complete Cube World, rip off. And it is completely shameful for Trion to do it. I like Trion but they dropped the ball on this one, especially since Cube World is the work of one man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    Couple of things. This was in development long before CubeWorld and EQ Next were even out/talked about.
    That is complete BS. And I would like a source other than a Dev stating this last week.