Thread: tank macros

tank macros

Hi,

so i got just my tank warrior to level 90.

coming from paladin, rogue and moonkin, there are a lot of abilities to use....
    Now my question is, are there any good macros to use? like should i use recklnessness always with critbanner? bloodbath with engi tinkers (btw, i should use the dodge tinkers right?)
    berserker rage on cd? I'm a Orc, so into what should i bake boiling blood?
    Do you guys actually use intervene in a boss fight?

Do you guys use shattering throw at pull and on cd if the fight is long enough?

what spells can you actually reflect in SoO? and just to check if i got it right, it will actually reflect the damage right? (for example i know you can reflect the cast of the add in the norushen tank challenge and it also reflects the damage right? and galakras mass reflect is pretty convenient to reduce raid damage)

what to use in normal raid setting: mass reflect, vigilance or maybe even safeguard?

sorry for these noob questions (and my english), but i didn't find anything on these topics here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now my question is, are there any good macros to use?

I macro skull banner and recklessness together along with bloodbath and dragon roar.

Typically yes, berserker rage on cd unless rage capped. I tend to bank on always have a berserker rage to give my shield barrier an extra boost when I know big damage is about to come out.

Intervene I will sometimes use on the other tank when its about time for me to taunt off. Give myself a little extra vengeance and reduce his threat.

Most of the time I will start my pull with with a strength potion around 3-4 seconds out. Then use shattering throw and charge in followed by skull banner / reck macro and bloodbath dragon roar then demo shout.

what spells can you actually reflect in SoO? and just to check if i got it right, it will actually reflect the damage right? (for example i know you can reflect the cast of the add in the norushen tank challenge and it also reflects the damage right? and galakras mass reflect is pretty convenient to reduce raid damage)

Norushen adds, Im told you can mass spell reflect on Sha when he does his 30% ability but Ive never tried it. Galakras on the shaman. Dark Shaman the caster one who uses the frostbolt. Nazgrim Mage adds. There might be more, but thats all I can think of at the moment.

what to use in normal raid setting: mass reflect, vigilance or maybe even safeguard?

I use vigilance 95% of the time. Its a great cd to use when a healer is taking big damage, someone screws up or your other tank needs an external cd.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any good macros to use?
    I macro Dragon´s Roar, Bladestorm and Bloobath into one and Recklessness + Skullbanner into another. The reason for doing so is, that you sometimes want to delay Reck/Skullbanner but still use DR/BS. Also, I macro Berserkerrage to Enraged Regeneration to ensure it to be doubled.

Technically yes, it boosts your damage, ragegain and thus, mitigation. However, I found it to dangerous to be NOT enraged if I need those doubled ticks from Enraged Regeneration. If you run with Impending Victory (Which is an okay choice to my eyes). Therefore I bound it, as said above, to ER. If you have the necessairy management, you still can hit Berserkerrage on cd, since it has only half of the cd of ER. Just dont mess up.

Dude, YES. It helps you to maintaine your vengeance, to possibly activate Riposte AND lowers the damage on the other tank. It is just crucial, that you don´t intervene right before the tankdebuff, otherwise you will refresh yours, which is mostly fatal. Every boss with short windows between their application of debuffs are tricky to intervene. Malkorok for example is NEVER to be intervened, cause he applies a stack with every hit. And it happened more then once, that I fucked up at Iron Juggernaut cause his debuff is applied through a coneattack. Just be careful.

If I don´t pull, yes. If I pull, I either use it as soon as the boss is taunted or, if the fight is short, when Bloodlust is used. It stacks with dvestate debuff btw. If you want to use it to it´s full potential, apply three shatter armor first. Exept your tanking pal is a drood, that is.

The most important reflects are Norushen and Dark Shamans. I guess you could reflect something during Spoils or those addwave shamans during Galakras, but Norushen and Dark Shamans are those fight you actually want to skill Massspellreflection as well.
    With MSR you can reflect the first three bolts of the Sha during the Norushen encounter. Usually it is dead before the third, but just in case.
    To reflect the Froststormbolt during Dark Shamans is really great. I don´t remember the nhc dmg, but on hc you simply give her 600k to the face. Very often. Dont forget, that you always can intervene the other tank and use Spellreflect to reflect a spell cast on him. With MSR you don´t even need to intervene.

Massspellreflection during Norushen and Dark Shamans, Vigilance in all other fights. Safeguard is okay during Juggernaut and Blackfuse and Thok. Just don´t catch another debuff.
    Last edited by Valech; 2013-11-16 at 04:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I appreciate the help

helped me to understand the class much more.

thanks again

Deleted
    All banners on a single keybind, using CTRL & Shift Modifiers:

#showtooltip [modifier: ctrl] Demoralizing Banner; [modifier: shift] mocking banner; Skull Banner
    /cast [modifier: ctrl] Demoralizing Banner; [modifier: shift] mocking banner; Skull Banner

Zerka Rage + Enraged Regen

#showtooltip Enraged Regeneration
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Enraged Regeneration

(Why? Because the effect is doubled when enraged!

My favorite pull macro - burst threat, lots of rage to get an early active mitigation up:

#showtooltip Recklessness
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /stopcasting
    /cast Battle Shout
    /stopcasting
    /cast Recklessness
    /stopcasting
    /cast Avatar
    /stopcasting
    /cast Bloodbath
    /stopcasting
    /cast Charge
    /stopcasting
    /cast heroic leap

(yes you can heroic leap mid-charge. You'll want to position yourself in charge range of the boss and hover your mouse where you'd like to jump to. Hit the macro and left click to insta leap)

Interrupt your focus target, or current target if your focus does not exist or is dead

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,exists,harm,nodead] Pummel; [@target] Pummel

Safeguard target of target

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=targettarget,nodead] Safeguard

(I use this on CD when I'm not the current tank - you can also react quickly if some derper pulls the boss with bust on the pull - but with the pull macro above, that should not happen)

Set focus! - Sets your focus to your current target IF: a) you have no focus, b) your current focus is dead or c) if you hold CTRL (useful when you need to change focus). As a bonus, this also marks the target with skull. Because of the CTRL modifier you can safely use this to mark kill targets without losing your current focus

/focus [@focus, dead] [@focus, noexists] [modifier: ctrl]
    /script SetRaidTarget("target", 8);

Standard!

/cancelaura hand of protection

you can also add /cancelaura hand of salvation if you have some herpa derpa paladins who like to salv the tanks for a joke.

Pull timer

/pull 10 (BigWigs)
    /dbm pull 10 (dbm?!)

Charge/Safeguard

#showtooltip Charge
    /cast [harm] Charge; Intercept; [help] Safeguard

I only ever use this for safeguard when I'm trying to cross a room quickly or need to remove slowing effects. If you wanted, you could also make this an [@mouseover] macro.

There really is no reason to use Vigilance over Safeguard unless you cannot time it to not receive a debuff.

I use Vigilance on Malkorok and thats it. Every other fight is safeguard except Norsushen (Im in the room on shamans).