Thread: 120hz on WoW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    The whole "what the eye can see" debate is pointless I agree but also if you already bought something just wait and test it for yourself. If you're just looking for someone to agree with you and confirm your purchase then the topic is kinda pointless in my opinion and usually (unfortunately) ends in people debating silly stuff. If you're truly worried/concerned how something will perform in x conditions then you should have asked BEFORE buying it.

Don't take it to heart, just my 2 cents and congrats on the new monitor.
    I think I'm not explaining myself properly.

I've played on this monitor as I've already mentioned and seen a huge difference in fps games (majority of what I play), I played on it a mate's house who doesn't play WoW and therefore can't tell me if he's noticed a big difference in WoW as well. It's easier to see in fps games because you get more pixel tearing and so on, I don't seem to get that on WoW. Therefore the basis of my question is if I will notice a big difference in WoW, if any at all. I'm not looking for someone to congratulate me on my purchase or to agree that I made a good decision.

The topic is just "Does 120hz make a big difference to WoW over 60hz?"

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    The topic is just "Does 120hz make a big difference to WoW over 60hz?"
    What is the average FPS you are getting in WoW currently? If you are running at sub 50 FPS always (without v-sync on) you will probably not notice a difference between a 60Hz and a 120Hz monitor. It will come down to the hardware you are using. If your computer is able to push a game beyond 60FPS then you will see a difference. If your computer can't push a game past 60 FPS, then you wont see anything. Do not get that confused with what other people are saying, about how wiht a 120Hz monitor the desktop looks better. All they are seeing is the refresh rate of the monitor (the frequency the display is running at). A higher frequency will make the image look crisper. If that is what you are looking for, then you will see a difference regardless of FPS. But if you are asking if you will see an increase in FPS by having a 120Hz monitor, then that is solely dependent on the rest of your hardware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monitor came today and it's absolutely amazing. People saying you can't notice a difference, not to sound offensive, but I think you should get your eyes checked. The difference is as clear as day.