Thread: PS4/Xbox One

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

PS4/Xbox One

I personally will get both consoles, because I like the console only games that both systems offer, however I will mostly play the Xbox just because I think it has more of a community feel to it, meaning I enjoy playing games online with others through Xbox live. The question is, what system will YOU choose, and why?

Mod Note: Please refrain from console bashing or starting PC vs. console related arguments in this thread. Thank you.
    Mod Note: Please refrain from comparing the two with PC's. This discussion is about the two consoles only.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-11-16 at 11:02 AM.

Neither. Well maybe PS4.

also wrong forum.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Il get the PS4. Simply cause il have online options without having to pay monthly for it.
    The hardware is better therefor the multiplatform games wil look better on the PS4.

But i wont get it on launch so there is still a small chance of me changing my mind but that chance is very slim.
    MS simply isnt doing it for me this time around and most of my m8s (that had a 360 and not a PS3) are going for the PS4 over the XboxOne.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS4 when I can afford it. It's a pretty easy decision since I've never owned an Xbox lol
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Oh sorry I didn't see a console game forum.

My PS4 is sitting downstairs right now! I'll most likely get the Xbox One eventually after a few price drops. Since I mostly play on a PC anyway, having both consoles really isn't a priority for me.

Quote Originally Posted by evilman View Post
    Il get the PS4. Simply cause il have online options without having to pay monthly for it.
    The hardware is better therefor the multiplatform games wil look better on the PS4.

But i wont get it on launch so there is still a small chance of me changing my mind but that chance is very slim.
    MS simply isnt doing it for me this time around and most of my m8s (that had a 360 and not a PS3) are going for the PS4 over the XboxOne.
    Someone didnt pay much attention to ps4 news. You have to pay now to get multiplayer options on ps4. its like 50/year so its cheap but you still need to pay for online

10+ Year Old Account

Thats not really true, you have to have playstation plus to play online games on the ps4.
    OT: Just got my ps4 today! Downloading Resogun and Contrast right meow

Maybe PS4, and that really depends on how good Destiny ends up being.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    PS4 Mainly because I want to play The Last of Us (which I hope is on their online store to download onto the console itself), same goes for Beyond Two Souls.

I'm waiting to see how both function (red ring of death anybody?) before I make a choice.

But right now it just looks as if PS4 has all that I want on it.

Which system will I choose? The PS4 is on my living room coffee table right now waiting to be taken out of the box.

inaccurate. The hardware isn't really going to matter a whole lot in this gen. CoD ghost for example looks almost identical picture wise, and the xbox is actually better because it doesn't drop frames like the ps4 does at a noticeable rate. Having better hardware only matters if the developers decide to utilize it. If not, the different will be minimal.

Btw I really came in here to be a dick and say "omg there's already a zillion discussions about this in video game section" but I got sidetracked bragging about my PS4. So. Yeah...

I like how Sony gets paid either way...either directly from a purchase of a PS4, or through bluray licensing from an XBone and every single physical copy of a game they will ever sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be getting both. But i'll get the Xbox One first since it has Forza 5. I need my drifting fix!

Till then, i'll stick with my 360 and play Forza 4.

Funny thing, I think i'm one of the very few who had opposite console issues. Bought both the 360 and PS3 in the same year (release year). My Xbox never RROD'd, but my PS3's optical drive about a year and a half ago. Xbox is still going strong. It's a shame too, my PS3 is backwards compatible.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I like how Sony gets paid either way...either directly from a purchase of a PS4, or through bluray licensing from an XBone and every single physical copy of a game they will ever sell.
    This happens with everything though. Microsoft makes BILLIONS on the patents for android when they themselves make windows phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    This happens with everything though. Microsoft makes BILLIONS on the patents for android when they themselves make windows phones.
    Thumbs up I guess? Doesn't make it less humorous for me.

Deleted

Anyone getting a Xbox One must have a Halo or xbox controller fetish. Otherwise its just retarded to take the one over the 4.