Thread: PS4/Xbox One

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    This is honestly such a hard decision for me.

PS4
    - I don't have a PC to play EQ Next, but it will be put on PS4.
    - Most of my friends are getting this one.
    - It's cheaper, and no built in always on creeper camera

Xbox 1
    - Microsoft's UI and UX design is way better imo
    - I like X1's game lineup better
    - I primarily played 360 in the last generation and my gamerscore and tag will carry over.

when I can get both I will but first, ps4. It's cheaper but it's more powerful than the Xbox, it's also coming with support for my favorite shooter, Planetside 2. most of my friends are switching to ps4 and to bring them into that game will be a nice surprise for them because they're not used to seeing so many players in a single area, with little or no lag.
    live my pc but for living room ps4. and steam machine are priorities

I plan on getting both, but most likely the Xbox One to start. Mostly due to what I feel is a stronger launch window lineup. The games I would get for PS4 are already on PC aside from killzone and either way im not a big killzone fan. Really Infamous is the only game I currently want in the launch window for PS4, so I'll wait til they get their obvious exclusives that I want to play. I am not citing that PC is better just most of the games I buy that will be multiplatform will be on my PC unless its only multiplat between XB1/PS4/360 etc. Mostly due to the steam sales. But launch window games on XB1 that intrigue me are DR3, Forza5, Project Spark, killer instinct. So I will most likely get the xbox 1 first then get my ps4 sometime later next year. Just have to wait until january/february most likely due to the holiday season coming.

That and I just paid for my Xbox Live service, and stupidly dont have PS+ right now so I wouldn't want to have to fork money over for that...yet...however Im strongly debating just signing up for a year right now as I type this because the perks are phenominal.

If you don't care about TV at all, then get the PS4.I see no reason to get an Xbox One unless you like the TV features of it, like the Xbox controller better, or like the kinect.

Both the PS4 and Xbox One's launch lineups are poor. It depends on what games you're interested in the most.

I think most people are holding out right now because there's not many games. People are waiting on Watch Dogs, The Division, ect. The killer apps(I hope they are...)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The reaction times are all on the user. Its the same amount of time as keyboard and mouse. Its just your slow to react. Controller fps is somthing you need to get good at, you dont just pick it up and roll with the big boys.

Sorry but i prefer xbox controller and the offset analog sticks to the ds controller.
    Sorry no, controllers are more sluggish than a mouse. Even at max sensitivity it doesn't match the adjustable dpi of a mouse that gamers use for FPS. While reaction time is on the user, the ability to turn faster and everything that goes with it is much more precise with a mouse.

Deleted
    PS4 first, then maybe a X180 after the 7th revision when they finally tweak the designed in obsolescence/failures to last longer than a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The reaction times are all on the user. Its the same amount of time as keyboard and mouse. Its just your slow to react. Controller fps is somthing you need to get good at, you dont just pick it up and roll with the big boys.
    By reaction times I meant what amounts to "keyboard turning" or the like for analog sticks. Your ability to make snap movements and/or quickly move exactly the correct distance at the correct angle is far worse on console. Something like Hunter kiting in WoW where you would jump and make snap 180 special attacks before correcting your camera forward before landing is something you just can't do with a controller. Or if you watched all of the quick snap movements I make as Pyro in TF2.

There is a reason console and PC players never share the same servers in FPS games. Any time they've tried, the console players just get obliterated.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I were to buy one, it would be PS4.
    Statix will suffice.

Xbox One, but not until sometime in first part of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

PS4

Xbox 1
    - I primarily played 360 in the last generation and my gamerscore and tag will carry over.
    In situations like this I always suggest to get what your friends are getting. Playing with friends is always going to be more fun, sure he launch line up sucks butt in a few months they should be comparable. Also remember gamescore and tags are jus virtual items don't worry about loosing it tto much:P Either way I'd suggest holding off on buying either of them for a while, as we can see from the Ps4 release itt is not exactly the most reliable machine at the moment

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm picking up the Xbox one. Not because i'm a fan boy or anything, but it's what i've been playing since the xbox launched. I also want to keep my gamertag and score. Also I like the exclusives that the xbox has.

Another thing is the controller. I've never been able to get use to the playstation controller. the xbox controller just feels better in my hands.

and this hate on the CoD: Ghosts being 720 is annoying. it's a launch title, that came out on an old system, I'm sure all games coming out now are going to be 1080p.... 1080 - 720 only truly matters when you play on a large TV.

Full Article here

I play on a 27" monitor at my desk, so i'm what 3'-4'. According to that chart i'm right on the cut off of noticing the difference. But the resolution of 1 game is not going to make or break a system i will have for what 5-8 years before the next one comes.

PS4

Xbox 1
    If you're going to buy the camera for the PS4 it will cost you $80, which will put the cost close to that of the Xbox One. Also the Kinect when you don't want to use it can be disabled in the console settings or simply unplugged, its not required for the console to operate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    If you're going to buy the camera for the PS4 it will cost you $80, which will put the cost close to that of the Xbox One. Also the Kinect when you don't want to use it can be disabled in the console settings or simply unplugged, its not required for the console to operate.
    Not sure how people are getting $80 and $100 when the tag price has been $60 for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Therealmagoo View Post
    In the land of ppl with symmetrical hands the DS controllers are better , but in alien word where one thumb is placed higher on your hand than the other the xbox controller is better.
    That same land may have symmetrical hands, but very few are ambidextrous.

I find the 360 controller wins in terms of comfort compared to the PS3, not entirely because of the stick/button layout but because of how it is designed more ergonomically. Hopefully the XB1 will feel the same way, if not better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Still has the issue of charging for the camera, whether you want it or not. The only fix for that is making another set sans the Kinect.
    Last edited by kail; 2013-11-19 at 07:52 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Microsoft's UI and UX design is way better IMO
    You like the tiles?!

https://twitter.com/georgeb3dr/statu...94684507484160

Opening lineup isn't particularly importance as long as the platform has industry support as a whole - i.e. not the WiiU - as more games will arrival sooner or later.

And the true reason MS pushed online so hard last few generation shows itself. Vendor lock-in. A well practiced art form at MS. Although it doesn't seem as effective in the game console market.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    That same land may have symmetrical hands, but very few are ambidextrous.

I find the 360 controller wins in terms of comfort compared to the PS3, not entirely because of the stick/button layout but because of how it is designed more ergonomically. Hopefully the XB1 will feel the same way, if not better.
    Some complains already,

https://twitter.com/georgeb3dr/statu...87433247928320

https://twitter.com/georgeb3dr/statu...49430643646464