Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why "Legendaries" are accessible to everyone now, anyway. I've never even obtained one because of terrible luck I assume.. but doesn't the fact that there are like a million Legendaries make it, I don't know, not legendary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    This is just another thinly veiled attempt to dump on people who don't live up to your imaginary standards.
    ahahahahahaha you got nailed OP ahahahaha !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    What, giving people your password?

Is anyone stupid enough to actually do that?
    What a question! Lots of people are. Remember the usual "HALP!!! I GOT HACKED!!1"? Most of the time it's due to these "services", or other means of account sharing.

On topic: Personally, I think the legendary quest shouldn't even have existed to start with. But if it's going to be meant to be powerful to the point of becoming mandatory, putting more roadblocks is uncalled for. Gold Challenge has its own rewards already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    What, giving people your password?
    Is anyone stupid enough to actually do that?
    You'd be surprised how many people are.
    Even for relatively easy things like the warlock quest chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Yeah let's ask ourselves something. Legendary has to mean something. Would it be a good idea to require 9/9 gold ? Personnaly I think so.

Afking in LFR requires no skill, whereas getting 9/9 gold means you kinda know how to play. The casual excuse doesnt matter : you dont need time, hell you dont even need gear.

I always found the challenge mode rewards highly lackluster. I think gating the legendary quest to them would be a good idea. The bads wont have a legendary, at least
    I admire your idea, but it's flawed.
    I don't know about you, but on the realms where my toons sitting, CM achievements are sold by teams.. Takes about 2 hours of ones time, and everything is done.
    And from what I see it's fairly cheap.
    Binding something to ANY achievement that's only possible by a group is not the best solution.
    Proving Grounds Gold would be a better choice for that matter. No one can get carried for that, unless they violate the TOU, risking the shutdown of their Acct, and/or high jacking of it, by letting someone else play their toon.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pfft! All the best legendary stuff randomly dropped from bosses! That required real skill!

Fair or not, a legendary MUST be RARE

In my opinion, legendary should be this way:

1) You need certain item to drop from some bosses (this would be a really low chance to drop item, no more than 4% which is quite fair tbh), this item will allow you to start your legendary farm and every class should have it's own legendary weapon, allowing everyone to have it's chance. (There can easily be 2 tanking weapons, 2 healing weapons and 4 DPS weapons if I'm not mistaken)

2) The items you need to collect should follow Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings" style. The drops were quite fair but it toke a while.

3) Then, to finally complete your legendary, defeat the last boss of the next tier and loots it's [Insert name] which should have a 10-25% chance to drop. Not even heroic, just normal so it helps a bit the fact of having to farm two raids at the same time.

In short; RNG should condition if you are gathering it or not. If you are lucky enough, farm it for a long while and then do something to finish it off. That way you ensure how a legendary is RARE and not as common as MoP cloak, which everyone is wearing already.

Believe it or not, skills would be involved if it was about RNG, because a guild would only allow it's best PLAYERS to gather the legendary once they see the item drop in a raid. There can be an internal war indeed, but that's a guild matter and if they are good enough there won't be any issues. Everyone knows who deserves certain things in their guild
    Last edited by shise; 2013-11-16 at 02:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would have been impossible to get the cloak because everyone would be asking for 9/9 exp. and nobody would have any exp. because everyone wants 9/9 exp.

Deleted
    yeah thats why I'm ranked on wol and usually have the highest survivability in my raids, lol
    still waiting for an armory link, right now you´re just a whiny noob and probably one of the lfr heroes you despise.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Omg. CHALLENGE MODE BOOST = SOMEONE PLAYS YOUR CHARACTER INSTEAD OF YOU
    ARENA BOOST = SOMEONE PLAYS YOUR CHARACTER INSTEAD OF YOU

now let's imagine a hard solo scenario (like warlock quest maybe)
    SOLO SCENARIO = SOMEONE PLAYS YOUR CHARACTER INSTEAD OF YOU
    Well if you are idiotic enough to let someone else play your toon like that then the full weight of Blizzes Ban Hammer awaits thee.. If thy account is not hacked first only stupid people do those use services like that..

Omg. CHALLENGE MODE BOOST = SOMEONE PLAYS YOUR CHARACTER INSTEAD OF YOU
    ARENA BOOST = SOMEONE PLAYS YOUR CHARACTER INSTEAD OF YOU

now let's imagine a hard solo scenario (like warlock quest maybe)
    SOLO SCENARIO = SOMEONE PLAYS YOUR CHARACTER INSTEAD OF YOU
    Challenge Mode Boost = 4 other people doing the challenge and taking you along for the ride
    Arena Boost = The rest of your team taking you along for the ride

These are common practice, they are not cheating and are part of the game, and are just an aspect of grouping up with other people.

This goes back to you saying that solo scenarios are easy because you've never seen anyone asking for a boost; well someone else playing your character for you is not a boost, it's cheating, and probably the reason you've never seen anyone asking for a boost is not that it's easy (and I'm not arguing about whether it is or no), it's that most of the people who play the game want to actually play the game as it is and not take the path of cheating with the risks that go with it by exposing their account to someone else and breaking the ToU.

But saying that, there are people who find it perfectly acceptable to cheat, I'm not one of them, but if you think that it is acceptable to cheat then any argument you try and make about making it harder to do the legendary quest is pure hypocrisy as it would only apply to people who don't cheat.

Yeah let's ask ourselves something. Legendary has to mean something. Would it be a good idea to require 9/9 gold ? Personnaly I think so.

Afking in LFR requires no skill, whereas getting 9/9 gold means you kinda know how to play. The casual excuse doesnt matter : you dont need time, hell you dont even need gear.

I always found the challenge mode rewards highly lackluster. I think gating the legendary quest to them would be a good idea. The bads wont have a legendary, at least
    As someone who sells Challenge Mode boosts: yes, please.

yeah thats why I'm ranked on wol and usually have the highest survivability in my raids, lol
    So why do you care about someone else's gear?

I think gold in Proving Grounds would be good too. I think some kind of gating should be required. I agree that afking in LFR seems like a shitty way to get a legendary.

Wow, you clearly don't understand how raiding works.

Be glad for your guild carrying you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    still waiting for an armory link, right now you´re just a whiny noob and probably one of the lfr heroes you despise.

http://s11.postimg.org/wlbqnjgo3/Wo_WScrn_Shot_111613_182154.jpg
    So. whys the date hidden exactly? Was it 2days ago or something?

Something more to do would be nice, but without the long out grind based on random drops,

I'm all for a grind as long as you see progress.

CM though, don't think that would be a way forward, for one thing, people like myself who don't have guilds its taking a verbal shit on us (but again you could argue "legendary" and even in the past a guild group working togeather was always needed to do it) but you'd bring back guilds selling "boosts" to people for extortionate prices. for example, on hellfire we had a guild selling a HC kill (which gave the achi and title, but one of their members kept the mount) for 150k, and they had people buying it cause hey, they were the only guild capable of doing it

And you'd also see a influx of these companies who boost people to gold, you see them now offering still, but tie one of the most sought after item in the game at that level, you'd see them everywhere like flies to shit

Edit

To the people blasting the above guy and asking for his armory or screen shot, now hes shown you the shot, regardless the date because you know "scaling" Sit the fuck down

Let me just toss this out there, this thread is pointless and is here to just start a bunch of crap, you posted this yesterday if you were so concerned why are you posting this now? and not a few months ago because right now it does not matter AT ALL it will not be changed and people who pay money for this game will be able to accomplish something that they feel successful about even if they do suck and only run LFR so stop thinking about yourself on this one because you sound selfish to other players who pay for this game with their money, you want skill requirements only meant for skill go do your CM's and shutup about it or go rank 10 brawlers guild for fun, but just cause you think so, gold CM's aren't gonna be a requirement and never will be, should have ended this thread as soon as it started, I mean really? like I said you posted this at a time it does not matter at all and will never make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    To the people blasting the above guy and asking for his armory or screen shot, now hes shown you the shot, regardless the date because you know "scaling" Sit the fuck down
    Eh, the date matters. If he got it near the start (Where he COULD be atleast somewhat special snowflake). But considering the time of this thread he probably got it very recently, now feels like hes a great player / special snowflake which deserves a reward when it really doesnt.
    Also, at this point you'd have a ton more gear that has sockets (Makes it easier) and more exp'd players (Which carry)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Eh, the date matters. If he got it near the start (Where he COULD be atleast somewhat special snowflake). But considering the time of this thread he probably got it very recently, now feels like hes a great player / special snowflake which deserves a reward when it really doesnt.
    Also, at this point you'd have a ton more gear that has sockets (Makes it easier) and more exp'd players (Which carry)
    nah I dont feel its a great feat. Being gladiator (legit) is skill. Pve-wise nothing is really impressive. Gaining 9/9 gold was actually easy. But it would be hard for a shitload of players (you know what? If you are EU realm I can carry you, you need to bring gold on my realm though)