Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    I thought I saw a 3d chest piece on an orc in one of the first day panels, going to watch through them quickly to double check.
    I really hope that's what this ends up being. What good are new models if the art guys still have to design armor the same way they did circa-2004? Player armor needs to look as good as faction-leader armor, boss armor, etc.

Think this might have something to do with one of the Art Guys wanting to be asked about the quievers? Like maybe they are 3-D on characters now?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The image in my head is very amusing, sir.
    I aim to please.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Think this might have something to do with one of the Art Guys wanting to be asked about the quievers? Like maybe they are 3-D on characters now?
    This wouldn't be a "new" armor system because quivers were 3D on characters in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalLamer View Post
    There's nothing that annoys me more than people who say dumb shit like "Oh man all these AoEs in this raid are making me lag!"

DROPPING TO 3.2 FPS BECAUSE YOU PLAY ON A 3 YEAR OLD LAPTOP WITH INTEL INTEGRATED GRAPHICS ISN'T LAG. IT'S JUST LOW FPS.

Lag is a connection-related issue. Input lag can be other things too but it has nothing to do with graphics.
    cmon man. The mmo pop. has turned the word "lag" to describe bad latency and low FPS, just like the term "hacked" got butchered. Let's not argue about slang.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Meh, I found the panel where the orc was shown, but the Virtual Ticket stream is focused on Ghostcrawler face and not showing that exact slide . In case someone has a bunch of photos from every slide from the panels, it is from "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor - What's Next" panel, around 02:26:40 when they talk about the happy orc and boost to 90.

This wouldn't be a "new" armor system because quivers were 3D on characters in the past.
    Ah, I thought the old quivers were just a different geometry on a characters back, not a whole separate piece of armor resting on the character model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah it is interesting that the art guy says new armor system in response to asymmetric textures.
    i find it rather confusing, frankly,

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Cool next expansion comes. And gues what no new class, no new race were rule over castles and will have new armor model
    Sarcasm aside i will like to see new armor models but not at the cost of rest of content

Input lag can be other things too but it has nothing to do with graphics.
    Here you go.

input lag can be other things, and can most certainly be influenced by dramatically low fps.

I think you're going to see a very simple collection of universal 3d armor that all pre WOD armor (or whenever this new armor system comes along) will use for the various textures we have for armor now. Even the armor pieces we have now only have so many basic shapes, and I think each of those universal shapes will have one piece of modelled gear to give older armor a bit of depth.

And then hopefully brand new armor will have more specialized modelling.

Still, whatever this is at all, any art change has me excited, the visuals of WOW and the living cartoon world is what I fell in love with in the first place.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-11-16 at 07:19 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

It's one my lower concerns with armor, but it bugs me to the point of making visual aides. I really hope they eventually make collared headpieces anchored. Same thing goes for hoods. The sticky collars and hoods makes them look... disjointed.

That said, Ill be very happy with new armor models.
    Last edited by Ralo; 2013-11-16 at 07:19 AM.

It'd definitely be cool to see some 3D like chests and kind of what they did with belts this past expansion to make them kind of stick out more and appear more unique. Same with most other armors if they ever could and get it to look nice without hindering much other stuff due to putting time into it that would be super rad.

Kind of a side note but I wish we got some shirts that had plain black chin high "turtle necks", I love armor tiers with chin high black necks and a shirt would make that universal, I hate my naked neck showing on my back for some reason, like V neck T shirts (shudder).

Also a chin high necked shirt with a chainmail pattern to wear under bikini armor would be simple and awesome for custom outfit designs.

The lack of chin high shirts DRIVES ME INSANE. There are the Holiday shirts and that's it. The martial shirts at least let your biceps look black under exposed sleeves.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Read the question before you respond. the question is about asymmetrical textures, not stats.

I highly HIGHLY doubt they'll remake 10 years worth of armor in full 3D. But if they do without forcing the expansion to be delayed until Fall, fuck yeah do it.
    Wouldn't it be super cool if they would change robes with more bones so when you cast a spell for example the robe flows smoothly?

Look at thralll for a example!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralo View Post
    It's one my lower concerns with armor, but it bugs me to the point of making visual aides. I really hope they eventually make collared headpieces anchored. Same thing goes for hoods. The sticky collars and hoods makes them look... disjointed.

That said, Ill be very happy with new armor models.
    I love your art. I need more. I chuckled a great deal. xD But man, I totally agree. As a Worgen, this is a major plight. I had on the ToT hunter helm, and when I summon a mount, my head tilts down, and the whole back and underside of the helm protrudes through my neck. :|

Edit: I really wish they'd take the time to properly fit helmets to non humanoid heads.
    Last edited by Renley; 2013-11-16 at 07:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still want cloaks that cover over the shoulder and are like Batman cloaks.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I still want cloaks that cover over the shoulder and are like Batman cloaks.
    I would fully support these kinds of cloaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I love your art. I need more. I chuckled a great deal. xD But man, I totally agree. As a Worgen, this is a major plight. I had on the ToT hunter helm, and when I summon a mount, my head tilts down, and the whole back and underside of the helm protrudes through my neck. :|

Edit: I really wish they'd take the time to properly fit helmets to non humanoid heads.
    I was a worgen once. Their 2handed animations convinced me to race change despite how much I love worgen. http://i.imgur.com/7681Q.jpg

Anyway, the only head pieces I can really use and not visually bug me are helmets that look like they were designed to be a separate piece with no collars or anything that looks like it would be connected to the armor itself. I kinda hate that about myself actually.

With the matter of cloaks, I really just want an actual 3D model. It doesnt have to be exactly like the lich king's cloak, but something similar to Arthas' from the Culling of Stratholme. A LOT of cloaks these days looks like they were textured to have a bunch of little doodads and trinkets hanging off them, but can't really work to that effect being a simple skin that's mirrored to the back of the cloak as well.

He's talking about 3d armor for sure.
    Look at the Ogre compound during the art panel at Blizzcon. There is an orge wearing a cloth looped over it's shoulder that has a shadow under it cast on his shoulder. There's orges with huge ass shoulder pads that cast a moving shadow on his neck.