Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will current CM'S be accessible in 6.0 ?

Or will the mounts and transmog armour be exclusive to the players who ran 9/9 before 6.0? Just a little curious

since gear gets scaled down there is absolutely no difference between who ran it now and who will do it later so no, they won't be exclusive (and shouldn't be IMO )

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Blizzard has said that they intend to keep them. Since it is just based off of ilvl anyways, I do not see why they would take them out!

Since there is already the technology to decrease the ilvl AND the level (Stratholme-Bug) i would think that you most likely be downscaled to Level 90 and the same ilvl as it is now. Except that you have then also the level 100 talents. (but they also get downscaled to level 90)

They wouldn't grandfather whole unique sets like that. So either they'll recolor them for trivial activities or they'll employ their scaling tech.

The only thing is the scaling of skills will be so out of whack that they may end up being far easier in WoD for some comps and much harder for other class combinations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally having the set myself, I'd rather it become discontinued, there needs to be prestige kept with such awesome sets. Keeping them in well after Mists but just scaling level and ilvl will still make it a bit trivial considering level 100 talents, unless they had a way to disable those talents when in the instances? If not, I'd rather see it not continued for fear of it becoming trivial because of talents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    They wouldn't grandfather whole unique sets like that. So either they'll recolor them for trivial activities or they'll employ their scaling tech.

The only thing is the scaling of skills will be so out of whack that they may end up being far easier in WoD for some comps and much harder for other class combinations.
    Just no...

could become much much easier with changes to talents and will you get the lvl 100 talent? will you be scaled to 90? will brewmasters still easily get 400k vengeance and crit everything for 1million dmg? who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Personally having the set myself, I'd rather it become discontinued, there needs to be prestige kept with such awesome sets. Keeping them in well after Mists but just scaling level and ilvl will still make it a bit trivial considering level 100 talents, unless they had a way to disable those talents when in the instances? If not, I'd rather see it not continued for fear of it becoming trivial because of talents.

- - - Updated - - -

Just no...
    The sets don't have much prestige since there is a sizeable population who bought carries. I'd like to see the sets inavailable in WoD (even though I only have it on one character) but it's too late for that.
    The only redeeming value of grandfathering items is to further probe players into doing the content when it's current but it's kind of unfair to announce it in the last tier "oh yeah, we're removing these sets you haven't gotten around to yet."

But really, I suspect they'd just lolrecolor.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    But really, I suspect they'd just lolrecolor.
    I wouldn't mind this because a red variant of the Paladin tier does exist, but there's no way to get it in game and I would love to have it on my blood elf.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

I'm currently 4/9 G CM, and It's been a super pain in the butt to pug or get together w/ other guildies to complete the last 5 I need. Progressing 9/9 is very tedious and difficult ...So I'd personally like to see these transmog sets and mounts discontinued in 6.0

Well they could still reduce the ilvl in WoD, but people will still be level 100, thus making everything a joke unless they put in a cap for HP or something. I don't care what they do with the xmog sets, I only wanted the achievements from CMs. But that's likely never going to happen because prot paladins are so bad at a 463 item level, even more so with the 5.4 nerfs. Most groups just want a monk, DK, or warrior, and don't even consider taking a druid or pally. I was hoping they would just scrap CMs for next expansion. Not looking forward to trash being 5 times harder than the joke bosses again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Well they could still reduce the ilvl in WoD, but people will still be level 100, thus making everything a joke unless they put in a cap for HP or something. I don't care what they do with the xmog sets, I only wanted the achievements from CMs. But that's likely never going to happen because prot paladins are so bad at a 463 item level, even more so with the 5.4 nerfs. Most groups just want a monk, DK, or warrior, and don't even consider taking a druid or pally. I was hoping they would just scrap CMs for next expansion. Not looking forward to trash being 5 times harder than the joke bosses again.
    This sounds like a QQ post. Just fyi. I spent 4 months pugging to get my golds. Lots of nights were spent wiping on the first few pulls then breaking up. To simply go oh its hard my class sucks is ridiculous. The only hard part about these is getting a group to play competently and know how to do them. It is sad that people actually bought carries. Yes sometimes its easier with a few classes but the true reality its just finding 5 people that are good and want to put in the time. Any group comp can do them.

I am extremely glad CMs are coming back as they really are the only small group content that is even remotely challenging in wow. Sick of people hating on CM's cause they dislike them. I dislike normal dungeons but you don't seem me asking for them to be removed. Let people have their own fun in wow and worry about your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Since there is already the technology to decrease the ilvl AND the level (Stratholme-Bug) i would think that you most likely be downscaled to Level 90 and the same ilvl as it is now. Except that you have then also the level 100 talents. (but they also get downscaled to level 90)
    Given that they can disable things like set bonuses and certain abilities in CMs I doubt that would really be a problem.

Now there is a chance that the stat changes or buffs/nerfs to existing player abilities could make them easier/harder but that's already happened to some extent just in MoP patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    make the sets unavailable once wod hits, give them some prestige even after the buys.
    Hi

Don't think they will remove the sets because look at the achievement mounts. Also when WoD hits nobody will care for the old CM and the old sets. There will be new CM and probably new sets. The CM available now are already out of balance with gear with more sockets and crazy scaling from procs especially on upgraded items so that there already isn't anymore prestige left. You can buy gold CM on some servers from high optimized groups.

With the item scaling why does it matter if someone does it now or next year? The challenge will still be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    With the item scaling why does it matter if someone does it now or next year? The challenge will still be the same.
    No, it will not be the same. Even today you can build a better CM gear set (socket on wrist, two on weapons, three on chest etc.; better stat distribution) than you could a year ago, and some abilities got changed, like shaman Chain Lightning, which does not do reduced damage each hop anymore. Maybe it would get easier in WoD, maybe it would get harder, but it will surely not be the same difficulty level.

A lot of people in this thread acting like gold challenge mode means a lot in the current game with the amount of slots we have in this tiers gear. If anything with the new model of itemization they're doing in the next expansion going back with level 100 gear will be more difficult than people doing it currently.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Just no...
    How much prestige is there knowing total noobs buying carrys for real life money?
    Idiots doing 30k dps in LFR having the gold challenge mode set..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeofderp View Post
    I'm currently 4/9 G CM, and It's been a super pain in the butt to pug or get together w/ other guildies to complete the last 5 I need. Progressing 9/9 is very tedious and difficult ...So I'd personally like to see these transmog sets and mounts discontinued in 6.0
    Lovely attitude