Poll: Would you Like to See "Body Type" Character Customization Features?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd like it, not sliders though a few presets instead. I think there's chance of it in future, but obviously after all the new character models, it may come around sub-races. Perhaps because some would require much different modelling due to the only current variables i.e Gnome/Pre Curse of the Flesh Gnome (I can only dream...) So maybe they'd think about it as Trolls for instance too could have new body types due to their larger brethren, and it'd be good to know all the different ones before working on this option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who would say no to this?

Every modern MMO has a robust character creation screen when sliders and color mixers are present. Even if Blizzard didn't want to go full out like that, even adding say 3 height choices (something like the standard male human's height is 6' but you can go up one notch to 6'4" or down one notch to 5'-8") and 3 body type choice per race/sex combo would do wonders for variety in game. All they'd need to do is make the standard Tauren height the max height for them so they could only go down one notch or two and the standard gnome height the lowest setting for them so they could only go up one notch or two.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Who would say no to this?
    Personally, I just want new models. I will use the same setup for every new character I create, as usually most other options other than default generally result in skewed looking models. So having the option to change my height is pointless to me. While I can't speak for everyone, I can assume there will be people who don't want it as well, for various reasons. On Star Wars, all of my Males were Body Type 2 and my Females were 2 or 3, nothing else. 1 and 4 just looked fucking awful, and needed to be erased from memory, yet people chose them because it was "funny" to be a lard loving obese Jedi jumping around.

Oh and not to mention they probably wont offer free customisations for each toon you already have. Why give away free stuff when people are probably desperate enough to buy it?

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just give us sliders and call it a day.

Deleted
    Yes please.
    Why is an orc mage as muscular as a orc warrior?
    Why is a human rogue all bulky?

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Oh and not to mention they probably wont offer free customisations for each toon you already have. Why give away free stuff when people are probably desperate enough to buy it?
    there could be a gym where you could change your body type in-game, similarly to the barbershop.

(or a mcdonnalds if you want to get fatter lol)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I think different weight options would be a good idea, honestly. I do get a bit tired of my Human Mage's physique being equivalent to a gorilla on steroids, when he probably hasn't lifted a weight in his life. xD

Though restrictions would be critical IMO - otherwise we'd be seeing unrealistic female abominations running around. *Shudders*

Deleted
    Give me some sliders. They add depth to character creation (check GW2).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    IMHO, it would be awesome running into fat orc blacksmiths or flat chested blood elf ladies
    Yeah, because that would happen...

This could be nice, but I wouldn't care to much if it was in the game or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    I think different weight options would be a good idea, honestly. I do get a bit tired of my Human Mage's physique being equivalent to a gorilla on steroids, when he probably hasn't lifted a weight in his life. xD

Though restrictions would be critical IMO - otherwise we'd be seeing unrealistic female abominations running around. *Shudders*
    (your realm and choice of words... man)

This is why I feel sliders wouldn't work with WoW. They just should give us 3 choices of "thin", "what we have now" (hesitant to call it normal because I'm not sure how "normal" hypersteroid human males are in real world context) and "stout" or something like that. It's not as much character variety as some other mmos offer, but giving people too much freedom ends up in serious immersion breakage. I would be satisfied with just being able to pick something that is closer to the body type I imagine my character having instead of having 100% match. I already kind of treat my character's in-game model more as a stand-in for the character than accurate representation.

Of course, what kind of noticeable body type differences would you give to say... gnomes without making them look off? Or would undead body types be more than just "how how much torn off flesh you want" -- would "pudgy" undead be acceptable at all?
    I would so love to play as a pudgy draenei male though.

edit: thinking back I think undead/orc could have "no back problems" or at least "less back problems" as one body type even if it would mean no "chubby" or whatever.
    Last edited by SirMeo; 2013-11-16 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see it but at the same time I don't think I'd change the current body size.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMeo View Post
    Or would undead body types be more than just "how how much torn off flesh you want" -- would "pudgy" undead be acceptable at all?
    I'd love to have the followign choices for undead characters:

- Whole Body (like sylvanas)
    - Classic (like we are now)
    - "HOLY SHIT! WHERE DID MY BELLY GO? I LOOK LIKE RAZIEL!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love being able to choose body type so I don't have to always be totally jacked on my humans.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd love to have the followign choices for undead characters:

- Whole Body (like sylvanas)
    - Classic (like we are now)
    - "HOLY SHIT! WHERE DID MY BELLY GO? I LOOK LIKE RAZIEL!!!"
    This would be awesome, but with more choices and for more races, like Dark Iron Dwarfs.

Deleted
    The day we get chubby blood elves is the day I stop playing WoW altogether. Or get a permanent subscription. I can't decide.

Deleted
    Honestly it would be amazing to get more character customization! Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    The day we get chubby blood elves is the day I stop playing WoW altogether. Or get a permanent subscription. I can't decide.
    Lmao you see something new every day.

OT: Yes I would like to see different body type options, however I can't really see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    get a permanent sub

though my female toons would probably be skinny and flat chested if I had that option. petite women > all

I'm indifferent.

Personally, I wouldn't change the size of any of my chars, however if I had a belf female, I'd put some weight onto them.

But I don't play any belfs, thus it would have no effect on me or the game, so I'd be fine for it, give other people more options which is great, but I wouldn't use.

More hair, length, colours, eye colours, lipstick, tattoos, markings, scars etc, I'd be more interested in.