Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hell yeah!
    ...if I was a dog.

Somewhat related, if your dog is doing that then you need to train it not to.

If the dog is growling/barking, baring teeth, etc., then it believes it is 'top dog'. It believes it is in charge and is asserting its authority, which causes a lot of issues in many situations.

You need to train your dog to accept you as number 1, leader of the pack, etc. There's more information online regarding this.

Deleted
    It depends who was taking the food. I can take anything from my dog and he will just wait until I give it back to him, presumably because he views me as being above him in status, if someone else tried I'm not sure what he would do. Similarly with humans, if someone weak tries to take the food of someone stronger, they're not going to put up with it, they'd only accept it if the person taking the food is stronger.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest you're not a man if you let someone take your food from you, Because You can be certain if I was chomping down on some good grub, any intruding fingers would be severed if they intended harm to my meal:<

My dog would bark at me and try to bite me if I took his food, but I want that. I can fully understand domesticating your pets for safety with young ones, but I'm a hateful older man with no kids. My dog and I have respect, I don't kill and eat him, he barks a few seconds before anyone steps foot on my property. Once you cut the nuts off and break the will, they become worthless to me. granted if you have small children or live in that happy bubble where no one gets hurt, I can understand the need.

Still, once you take his nuts and his will, he just sleeps all day. Having some fight is good for the spirit.

Every time I read a Salandrin thread, I read the OP in this man's voice:

OT: Depends on if I paid for it or not. If it was a mistake then I don't care. If it was something that I paid for then expect a steak knife in the back if you try to take it from me.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

You give him something else if you want to take it back, some delicious... pâté. It's called leverpostej in English according to wikipedia but I guess it's just common in the Nordics.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    So I've been observing my dogs behavior, and want to know how different human behavior is from it. When I give my dog a snack or nice canned food meal, then attempt to take the bowl or treat away shortly after giving it, my dog gets rather furious.

So in comparison, if someone were to offer you a big steak dinner, and as you were about to or shortly after taking a few bites, takes the steak away from you without any logical or good explanation given, would you be particularly upset about it?
    Food is no joke. Pull that joke on me and you'll lose a hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    Depends on if I paid for it or not. If it was a mistake then I don't care. If it was something that I paid for then expect a steak knife in the back if you try to take it from me.
    No, he obviously just pulls it away because he wants to see your reaction. Bite his hand off.

Yeah I guess i'd be annoyed, but I suppose humans have advanced to a point of maturity where we can understand that we shouldn't really complain too much, considering it was free anyway. Having said that, toying with someone like that is a dick mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Yeah I guess i'd be annoyed, but I suppose humans have advanced to a point of maturity where we can understand that we shouldn't really complain too much, considering it was free anyway. Having said that, toying with someone like that is a dick mood.
    Humans...mature...not complaining...

Do you not read most of the threads on this site?
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Deleted
    No one takes a nicely done steak away from me, i'll fight you for it if need be

Seriously though, if i paid for it i'd chew them a new asshole - If it was free food, i'd frown at them and probably chew them out as well.

I have 2 dogs. My little boy dog gets upset when you try to take his food away from him. He won't bite me but he'll try and flee under a table or somewhere harder for me to get to to discourage me from taking his food away. Normally, when I hand him a treat he takes it and runs away first thing and either eats it on my bed or couch depending on where I hand him the food. Though I don't usually try to take his treats away unless he snatches it from me before he does his trick. In which case he usually drops it rather reluctantly and waits for me to finish his trick for him...but you can tell he's upset by it.

My larger, girl dog is total opposite. If I give her anything and want to take it back she is rather calm, lets me take it and will continue to wait patiently until I decide she deserves it. She won't cry or beg or anything like that. Many times she'll just continue to sit quietly and wait...usually handing me her paw and sometimes laying down in wait.

I think people are the same way. Some people may take offense if you take away their food. Other humans will simply shrug and assume you didn't mean to give it to them or perhaps there was something wrong and they just won't care so much. Some dogs are more territorial than others...just like people. Some humans may respond with, "Why the hell you taking my food?" Other humans will respond with a more polite, "Was there something wrong with the food you gave me?" trying to understand the situation before taking offense. The humans that would be more polite understand that it's our ability to communicate and keep calm that separates us from the animals. The other more rude people? They probably need to learn some manners...considering that even some dogs are capable of not taking such offense even if it is in their instinct to do so means that ALL humans can just as easily decide not to take offense.

If they give me the good and then try to take it back.. Then yes, you can't just give people something and then demand they give it back as it is no longer yours.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Hell yeah!
    ...if I was a dog.
    Lol! This. As a human however, would depend on why they took it. And my dog had better not ever try to bite me or even growl if I take food from her. She knows better and also knows where she is on the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    So I've been observing my dogs behavior, and want to know how different human behavior is from it. When I give my dog a snack or nice canned food meal, then attempt to take the bowl or treat away shortly after giving it, my dog gets rather furious.

So in comparison, if someone were to offer you a big steak dinner, and as you were about to or shortly after taking a few bites, takes the steak away from you without any logical or good explanation given, would you be particularly upset about it?
    Like the dog, it depends on the society in which they grew up.

I had 6 dogs when growing up... only ONE of them exhibited the behavior you described, and she was the only dog we rescued from a family that abandoned her.

Basically that dog was abused and had everything taken from her by other dogs, so she fought hard to keep everything she had - whether it was a toy, a bone, or food.

Humans can be the same thing: Humans who grew up in the great depression have a different values to Humans who grew up in a mansion where they can pick n' choose their food with no threat of having it taken from them.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how hungry I was at the time.

Logically speaking, it'd be like I never got food in the first place.

But let's put logic in the back seat for the moment. I'm starving, and I'm going to stab a fool if they try to separate me from my... their salmon?

Is this topic refering to state of WoW? If yes then kudos.

They wouldn't be getting in back. I'd react like any canine would.

Deleted
    I would be confused but not pissed. I would only get pissed if I was starving and did not have anything to eat other than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Isn't this thread about the flying mounts?
    If it is, it's a pretty failed analogy, seeing as there is quite a big difference between food and flying mounts.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss