Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ele shaman 4 set bonus.

Why did they gimp the ele shaman 4 set bonus so bad from the Ptr? I did a test and summoned like 3-4 elementals in a 8 minute period. That makes this set bonus just pure shit..

it has a 1 min ICD, basically only 2-3% of overall dmg. I can understand why it was gimped from an aoe perspective, since you could basically have an army of them.

I think its just stupid to be honest. My guild is on 10man garrosh right now and from what ive read ele is mostly good for healing cds and aoeing the first phase. My dps is somewhat good. but making it that much of a cd is just gimping us to where we cant even be on the same level as locks and mages. the 4 set bonus might as well be non existant cause we all know ghostcrawler screws over pve elemental shamans with nerfs for pvp.

Probably because the elementals do quite a bit of damage. I don't know about anyone else, but mine usually hit for 50-60k, with crits in the 100ks, and it's casting basically every second. For comparison, the hunter serpents summoned by their T15 2 set did maybe half that damage with double the cast time.

An army of elementals would have been awesome, but I can see why the proc was nerfed. Would've been too strong.

Our 4 piece is fine, decent set bonuses give you 2-3% extra damage, and this one is right in line with that.

The Only real problem with it is that its boring, not that it's weak
    Kengos-Frost/Blood DK:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...engos/advanced
    Genndori-Ele/Resto Shaman:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndori/advanced
    Battletag-Genndori#1959

No ICD on H Blackfuse, that dude would be in the ground so fast. I had 833 CL and Lava beam hits/crits in a 6:15 wipe. Any reasonable proc chance would make shamans mandatory for any fight with cleave

My 4piece does less dmg than my searing totem... and thats a joke :/

Quote Originally Posted by LexZombie13 View Post
    I think its just stupid to be honest. My guild is on 10man garrosh right now and from what ive read ele is mostly good for healing cds and aoeing the first phase. My dps is somewhat good. but making it that much of a cd is just gimping us to where we cant even be on the same level as locks and mages. the 4 set bonus might as well be non existant cause we all know ghostcrawler screws over pve elemental shamans with nerfs for pvp.
    So angry!

I'll admit, our 4p is a bit underwhelming compared to several other DPS specs and it doesn't add anything to our gameplay - remember when Blizzard talked about set bonuses being fun? But hey, you're brought to Garrosh for many reasons. Strong AoE, 2 Solid Healing CDs, Double AoE stun for Intermission 1, Earth Ele to help lower damage in P1, Tremor Totem Intermission 2, Interrupts for Mind Control, Emergency Taunts for Empowered Adds, and heavy Movement where our damage is strong. Don't forget, we also have two Defensive CDs and you'll find Lightning Shield Glyph very useful. We're both sturdy and very effective on Garrosh.

Whoops...got distracted.

What I really hate about our 4p - is target swapping. The damn thing gets confused often and will hit a worthless target, or when the original target dies, it will just refuse to attack the new target.

Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    My 4piece does less dmg than my searing totem... and thats a joke :/
    Wtf are you talkin about?

On Thok i did 87mil dmg, 2.9 mil by fire ele (no PE), 2.4 mil by lightning ele (4 pc bonus), 700k by searing totem!

Searing totem is by far our weakest ability, doesnt even worth dropping it at high level of gear imo. You'll be pushing like 300k dps on a static fight and dropping it 3 times (3 gcd wasted) will be a loss in dps.

Deleted
    i think its a good bonus, instead of making our AoE insane, they boosted our single target dps, i like that solution.

Guys, if you expected elementals that would hit for way more than lightining bolt per cast, well, what do you expect? 30% dmg increase set bonus? give it a break, its fair to have some boost, not just pure stat dpsing.

Quote Originally Posted by lcbagna View Post
    Wtf are you talkin about?

On Thok i did 87mil dmg, 2.9 mil by fire ele (no PE), 2.4 mil by lightning ele (4 pc bonus), 700k by searing totem!

Searing totem is by far our weakest ability, doesnt even worth dropping it at high level of gear imo. You'll be pushing like 300k dps on a static fight and dropping it 3 times (3 gcd wasted) will be a loss in dps.
    lol not worth dropping for 1 GCD it does like 250k+ free dmg. over a six minute fight that's 1.5 mil free dmg not counting crits. yours only did 700k dmg because you refused to drop it resulting in loss dps. Not a ton but a loss no less.

You might wanna look at DPCT before you claim what is and what is not a loss in dps

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    over a six minute fight that's 1.5 mil free dmg
    Minus 2 mins of fire elemental it goes down to 1 mil dmg, then during the kite phase the boss will be out of range half the time. Better keep running with the boss and keep spamming lightning bolts....just forget it. Dude really my Tree Frog battle pet does more dmg with Swarm of Flies...

Quote Originally Posted by lcbagna View Post
    Minus 2 mins of fire elemental it goes down to 1 mil dmg, then during the kite phase the boss will be out of range half the time. Better keep running with the boss and keep spamming lightning bolts....just forget it. Dude really my Tree Frog battle pet does more dmg with Swarm of Flies...
    If you use totemic projection u can keep it well in range of the boss while your are chasing and casting LB, and you said 300k on a static fight so a fight like malkorok. ok your right about the minus 2 minute part, but even so 4 GCD 1 million dmg only LvB can come close to reaching that lvl of dmg with 4 globals

My main complaint is that it's just straight up boring and adds nothing to the spec. Compare to what I consider a great 4pc, the retribution set: Holy Power consumers have a 25% chance to make your next Divine Storm free and deal 50% more damage.

I don't know how good that is DPS wise, but let me tell you; it's fun as hell.

Deleted
    It's utter shit.
    Blizzard obviously didn't care to fix it when it was OP so they just made it useless/uninteresting instead.
    Last edited by mmocacb1eadbce; 2013-11-20 at 12:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quick question, say i have 4pc setbonus (normal) is it worth sacrifising the 4pc (temporarily) for an Heroic offpiece?

Other fun things: reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post
    Really? Fun as hell? You passively summon 1 air elemental (which you don't even notice) that shoots 2-3 wet noodles at the target, and then dissapears after 10sec. Yes, ur right sounds quite fun tbh,
    Read post again. Such wimper. Wow. Many bad. Wow.

He starts his post with reference to the elemental 4 piece which he describes as boring. He then states the Retribution set bonus in comparison that he describes as fun as hell.

Such excite. Wow.

Uhhhh. 2 set. Nuff said.

Look at all the 2 and 4 sets. One clearly pulls ahead of the other, this design was intentional. I understand the feeling missing when the 4 piece, which is literally more elusive than the 2 piece, is weaker than the 2 piece. But statistically, doesn't matter. This is just turning into a whine thread.