Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

So with no 5.5 planned, what are we supposed to do for 5+ months?

I mean blizzard can't possibly think people are going to stay subbed all those months between now and the expac if they dont release any more content?...

10+ Year Old Account
    level an alt - nvm u get a free 90 when you buy WoD.
    Hi

Complain on the forums, everyone else is doing it.

Popular topic is the no flying right now.

6.0 (not to be confused with 6.0.3)

Sub numbers usually dip between patches, it's always been like that. No doubt they'll push for an early spring/mid spring release but that would mean the beta will probably be up around Jan. GC also said that WoD is closer to being finished upon announcement than MoP was, so we could even see less of a time frame, perhaps late winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to be waiting more than 5 months friend. You could unsub, or just start preparing for the next expansion. Farm gold, stuff like that.

People probably will unsub just purely off them not understanding that no 5.5 means a quicker expansion. But nope, people want some halion + random event patch that they think will entertain them for awhile which it wont. Unless they think they're getting a freaking SoO size content patch for 5.5 which in that case they're even dumber then I thought.

But I think blizzard would take the chance.. quicker the WoD beta comes out the better.

Spend as much time with your flying mount as possible?

I dunno, what everyone does at the end of an expansion. Level an alt, play less, work on achievements, unsub.

The same way its been for the last 3 expansions: you wait. Taking a break until Warlords launches is and always will be a viable option. It's OK to stop playing if you're bored and have already completed everything. There's no law written that requires people to be subbed to a game they aren't currently enjoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think about the jump in prices between each expac. Think about gold inflation. You're going to want to have lots of it at the start of the next expac. So, go earn some.

Leveling alts isn't a bad idea, either. I might just get a couple of mine up to snuff just to keep the game going. I won't be doing any of the billion dang dailies on my alts, though. To hell with faction reps.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    level an alt - nvm u get a free 90 when you buy WoD.
    Well thats 2 days taken care of, what else ?

Still progressing through hc siege, but I'm propably going to play quite bit of Path of Exile while waiting for WoD.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    unsub IMO. You will likely enjoy the game that much more when the expansion is released. Better to take a break when there is extended downtime than to burn out waiting for something to happen. That is just my opinion though.

Oh, and a lot of people will stay subbed while nothing is happening. You will see a lot of those same people get pissed off and rage quit because of it as well. Kind of funny how the same thing happens every expansion with different people (and some of the same).
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2013-11-16 at 06:47 AM.

5.5 was likely scenarios, so it wouldn't of held us over for more then a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect the Pre Expan Patch will be for at least a month. There is a lot to get used to in that.

Also, if you think Blizzard is going to let ESO or Wildstar launch without the Expansion being out, you are a special kind of stupid.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    Try some other games? Im going to finish my ME trilogy playthrough for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    GC also said that WoD is closer to being finished upon announcement than MoP was, so we could even see less of a time frame, perhaps late winter.
    I thought that too at first but then I laughed because it took 11 months from announcement to launch for MoP. So basically he is just saying that it will take less than 11 months =P

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    Try some other games? Im going to finish my ME trilogy playthrough for instance.
    What? WoW isn't the only game in the universe?

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD will come out when 5.5 was originally planned to, that's my guess.